AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Discussion (Archives) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68255)

ellifeedn 2012-02-14 22:41

I can't believe it's been 25 volumes (more with the side stories) and time has barely passed in the series. How many other stories have time progression as slow as this series?

Miraluka 2012-02-14 23:27

One Piece? Bleach? The World only God knows?

I can't recall others but I'm sure there are.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-02-14 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4006501)
One Piece? Bleach? The World only God knows?

I can't recall others but I'm sure there are.

None of those meticulously keep track of their dates so we wouldn't know for sure, but as long as there is a time skip of significant time (more than a month) they're longer than Index.

Index does have a relatively high volume of 'stuff happening' to 'time passed'.

Each 'season' covers roughly a single month.

zeniselv 2012-02-15 00:51

well it works good an index but that putted railgun anime in a hard position, the chronology of that is at zelda's level.

djmaca 2012-02-15 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 4006601)
well it works good an index but that putted railgun anime in a hard position, the chronology of that is at zelda's level.

Chronology and Zelda in one sentence, LOL...

It's not THAT bad though.

Sumeragi 2012-02-15 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 4006607)
Chronology and Zelda in one sentence, LOL...

Come on now, we finally figured that one out, so stop dissing the game series.

Anyway, I hope things are not put all over the place so we can get a general closure at the end.

djmaca 2012-02-15 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4006621)
Come on now, we finally figured that one out, so stop dissing the game series.

Anyway, I hope things are not put all over the place so we can get a general closure at the end.

No, I'm not dissing the game. I might be one of the oldest fans of that game...

And I feel that the manga, and spin-off, will follow the LN end.

zeniselv 2012-02-15 03:31

i personally think railgun will diverge at some point, and touma will go misaka's route to appease the fanbase.

djmaca 2012-02-16 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 4006737)
i personally think railgun will diverge at some point, and touma will go misaka's route to appease the fanbase.

You mean Touma will finally realize Misaka's secret affection for him, sweep off her feet and live happily ever after?...:)

.... NAH! Touma's forever clueless.:heh:

Miraluka 2012-02-16 00:21

The only way for that happening is Touma losing his powers forever leaving him powerless and erasing his memories, again.

djmaca 2012-02-16 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4008351)
The only way for that happening is Touma losing his powers forever leaving him powerless and erasing his memories, again.

And then Mikoto will be by his side when he wakes up.

Touma: Who are you...
*Mikoto reaches and kisses Touma*

The End

*runs*

zeniselv 2012-02-16 03:57

well mikoto is now part of the hero team, and shes one of the main afterall, and if theres gonna be a love triangle now its the time for her to shine, i mean touma dont have feeling for her and his feelings for index are not clear yet, althoug the men around index end in love with her.

Miraluka 2012-02-16 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 4008578)
well mikoto is now part of the hero team, and shes one of the main afterall, and if theres gonna be a love triangle now its the time for her to shine, i mean touma dont have feeling for her and his feelings for index are not clear yet, althoug the men around index end in love with her.

Aureolus?

;__;

Poor guy, I wonder what is he doing.

KiraYamatoFan 2012-02-16 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 4006737)

Who says the process is not already under way in the Index storyline? :p After all, Mikoto's popularity keeps on increasing since a long time already and everyone (including the President) seem to be shipping for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 4008406)
And then Mikoto will be by his side when he wakes up.

Touma: Who are you...
*Mikoto reaches and kisses Touma*

The End

*runs*

Nice! :D

Miraluka 2012-02-16 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan (Post 4009665)
Who says the process is not already under way in the Index storyline? :p After all, Mikoto's popularity keeps on increasing since a long time already and everyone (including the President) seem to be shipping for them.

Popularity doesn't measn the author of the series is gonna bend the characters for the sake of a popular one (how many events would've been twisted if that ever happened). Touma alsa has his own feelings and so far after 25 he has 0 interest on her :uhoh:, lets not turn this intoa shipping thread.

KiraYamatoFan 2012-02-16 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4009682)
Popularity doesn't measn the author of the series is gonna bend the characters for the sake of a popular one (how many events would've been twisted if that ever happened). Touma alsa has his own feelings and so far after 25 he has 0 interest on her :uhoh:, lets not turn this intoa shipping thread.

I didn't say anything. It's just that a lot of promotional material has been milking the Touma x Mikoto aspect of things recently.

Flere821 2012-02-16 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4009682)
Popularity doesn't measn the author of the series is gonna bend the characters for the sake of a popular one (how many events would've been twisted if that ever happened)

Wasn't there something about Accelerator only got reintroduced into the plot at Vol5 because the fans liked the character?

Miraluka 2012-02-16 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan (Post 4009697)
I didn't say anything. It's just that a lot of promotional material has been milking the Touma x Mikoto aspect of things recently.

No, its just the typical Wolverine Pubilicity :heh:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flere821 (Post 4009712)
Wasn't there something about Accelerator only got reintroduced into the plot at Vol5 because the fans liked the character?

At that time, a lot people hated him and ever after the events of vol.13 still hated him. It was because of vol.15 (I can't understand this yet) that the view started to change.

Mr.Kyon 2012-02-16 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4009741)
At that time, a lot people hated him and ever after the events of vol.13 still hated him. It was because of vol.15 (I can't understand this yet) that the view started to change.

please tell me you're joshing me

djmaca 2012-02-16 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon (Post 4009782)
please tell me you're joshing me

He/She's joshing you ;)