AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

chrisbad726 2012-12-22 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 4485304)
Glue, putty, screws and brasspipes!

Assess the damage and repair it as you see fit honestly, it's a learning process, can you glue it into a fixed position? good. If not, a drill, brasspipe and putty can do wonders.

well thanks for the suggestion, but what kind of glue would be best?

FalsePrime 2012-12-22 17:52

Just saw Tallgeese decaled for the first time, must sayI'm pretty shocked at the shield. I didn't expect the eagle to be nearly as small as it is.

The rest of the decal scheme seems to blend with the suit more then anything so it really looks like one of the suits that can easily go without and not be a big deal.

bio9205 2012-12-22 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4485839)
Its one of her really old vids

Basically what she did was cut away segments from the clear yellow trees (in particular the curved parts on the corners) and trimmed the ends down so they were pegs that fitted into the ends of the funnels and the pack

I see. I'll try digging some more. Does the runner bend on its own, or do I have to do something to it, like put it in hot water or something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4485839)
On another topic it seems the Bandai effed up with the HGUC Rozen Zulu, the dark purple is way too friggin dark =_____=

Sigh, unfortunately so. Why couldn't they have stuck with the purple used for the AGE-3 Fortress? Looks like it's time for me to learn how to paint properly. :heh:

EDIT: Managed to get a RD Nu Gundam plus a set of 5 Tamashii stages for SGD$50, a really good deal. Question: Do Tamashii stages work with HG kits?

Znozzy 2012-12-23 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbad726 (Post 4485866)
well thanks for the suggestion, but what kind of glue would be best?

Honestly, any brand that works well on plastic, i have a brand here called karlsons universalklister(Swedish though) that works really well, it has a red donkey screaming on it.

Then again, any superglue that works on plastic should do the trick, if you are unsure that it does, glue some sprues together to check if you like the effect.

Chiu_fan 2012-12-23 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbad726 (Post 4485866)
well thanks for the suggestion, but what kind of glue would be best?

Hobby cement would be the best choice as it welds the plastic pieces together which creates a very secure bond unlike superglue. But you must be careful not to use it or accidentally apply it on moving parts unless you want those joints to be permanently welded into place.

Skye629 2012-12-24 03:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4486029)
I see. I'll try digging some more. Does the runner bend on its own, or do I have to do something to it, like put it in hot water or something?


EDIT: Managed to get a RD Nu Gundam plus a set of 5 Tamashii stages for SGD$50, a really good deal. Question: Do Tamashii stages work with HG kits?

The "bent" parts I referred to were the curved corner sections of the tree which the clear yellow was on, Im not too sure how well it would bend after being soaked in hot water (or if it will at all)

Another option is to use the effect parts for the funnels from the HGUC Jagd Doga's (both versions have 3 I believe)

maknaedik 2012-12-24 05:15

As I've been doing my HGUC Sinanju yesterday, I lost a yellow part. But I found it before the end of the day. While today, I was building my MG Sinanju, finally, when I lost yet another yellow part. Sadly, unfortunately, I still can't find it. No luck at all! So guys, what are your ways to find a missing part?

I tried backtracking, it snapped and flew. It didn't make a sound because of couple of reasons. One, it could be so light, maybe, it would'nt make any sound or second is that it fell on my bed, a cloth or a material that it wouldn't make a sound. I even tried cleaning my room, which is rare. Last time I did that is 3 years ago. But still, got no luck. So, probably you guys can help me? T_T

Znozzy 2012-12-24 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4487677)
As I've been doing my HGUC Sinanju yesterday, I lost a yellow part. But I found it before the end of the day. While today, I was building my MG Sinanju, finally, when I lost yet another yellow part. Sadly, unfortunately, I still can't find it. No luck at all! So guys, what are your ways to find a missing part?

I tried backtracking, it snapped and flew. It didn't make a sound because of couple of reasons. One, it could be so light, maybe, it would'nt make any sound or second is that it fell on my bed, a cloth or a material that it wouldn't make a sound. I even tried cleaning my room, which is rare. Last time I did that is 3 years ago. But still, got no luck. So, probably you guys can help me? T_T

keep it clear where you work so you'll find something if it flies away ;)

had a similar thing happen when i built my NG 1/100 I-Justice, the V-fin flew away and somehow landed inside one of the big chest pieces on the A-sprue, i giggled a bit when i found it, but i'm sure it'll show up if you look hard enough :)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-24 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4487677)
So guys, what are your ways to find a missing part?

I tried backtracking, it snapped and flew. It didn't make a sound because of couple of reasons. One, it could be so light, maybe, it would'nt make any sound or second is that it fell on my bed, a cloth or a material that it wouldn't make a sound. I even tried cleaning my room, which is rare. Last time I did that is 3 years ago. But still, got no luck. So, probably you guys can help me? T_T

When the same thing happened to me (lost a very tiny part, even smaller than V-fin), I checked every surface in my room that can be a possible landing spot for the part that flew (even the most unlikely place). When that didnít work, I cleaned my room by first getting rid of every tiny dirt from my desk, bed, etc to the floor. Once that is done, I swept my room thoroughly and pile all the rubbish in one place. After that, I check through the pile, and voila, I found it. If youíre lucky, youíll find that missing part during the cleaning process.

I also agree with Znozzy that you should keep your workplace clear before cutting or assembling gunpla parts to make it easier for finding missing parts.

Skye629 2012-12-25 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4487677)
As I've been doing my HGUC Sinanju yesterday, I lost a yellow part. But I found it before the end of the day. While today, I was building my MG Sinanju, finally, when I lost yet another yellow part. Sadly, unfortunately, I still can't find it. No luck at all! So guys, what are your ways to find a missing part?

I tried backtracking, it snapped and flew. It didn't make a sound because of couple of reasons. One, it could be so light, maybe, it would'nt make any sound or second is that it fell on my bed, a cloth or a material that it wouldn't make a sound. I even tried cleaning my room, which is rare. Last time I did that is 3 years ago. But still, got no luck. So, probably you guys can help me? T_T

Sometimes not looking is the key, fate have a weird way of turning up things u are missing when you are not looking for it

maknaedik 2012-12-25 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4488540)
Sometimes not looking is the key, fate have a weird way of turning up things u are missing when you are not looking for it

Yes, that's exactly what I was doing right now. I just swapped the yellow part from the back of the arms into the front. The front gets noticed most of the time so I guess that'll do for the mean time.

Appel 2012-12-25 16:52

http://www.abload.de/img/dsc_1814juc3v.jpg

Die, foul knock off SD kit!!

Merry christmas you guys!

Bonta Kun 2012-12-25 20:22

Looks like more weapon systems I need to get, no.4 is looking best yet.

There's that giant rifle and sword from Kotobukiya to get as well

So many things to get!!

suiton629 2012-12-25 22:07

How come we don't have any MG's from Gundam X?
Lately, I've been in the mood to watch Gundam X again, and thought it would be cool to see X, X Divider, and Double X getting an MG release...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-25 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4489147)
Die, foul knock off SD kit!!

That’s a nice way to end this year. :D

Anyway, I finally have time to finish the Aile Pack of my MG Strike and also finish the Duel after so busy with work. I’ll share some pics (while working on the Assault Shroud :p).

http://i.imgur.com/Evf0f.jpg

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

firefox 2012-12-26 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4489413)
Thatís a nice way to end this year. :D

Anyway, I finally have time to finish the Aile Pack of my MG Strike and also finish the Duel after so busy with work. Iíll share some pics (while working on the Assault Shroud :p).

http://i.imgur.com/Evf0f.jpg

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)


I love the Duel! Makes we want to build my own MG Duel. Always thought Duel should have been the main protagonist enemy suit aposed to the strike instead of the Aegis.

Appel 2012-12-26 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4489359)
How come we don't have any MG's from Gundam X?
Lately, I've been in the mood to watch Gundam X again, and thought it would be cool to see X, X Divider, and Double X getting an MG release...

We don't have MGs yet because X tanked. And since the whole Gundam anime franchise is essentially nothing but an extremely glorified toy commercial they didn't make a lot of kits for it yet.
The same thing essentially happened with AGE as well. The only difference is that they pretty much released the kits and the show in tandem. That is why we got a MASSIVE amount of HGs and MGs in the beginning but then the pace at which they released the kits slowed down significantly.

However, fans have been demanding MG X kits for quite some time now! So I'm sure that we will get them sooner or later.
We still need a MG V2 as well...

Destined_Fate 2012-12-26 10:04

Well, time heals all wounds and Gundam X getting into Super Robot Wars Z series has really helped make it very popular with the new generation that have never even seen the anime.

I want Ennil's Jenice Custom.

suiton629 2012-12-26 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4489668)
We don't have MGs yet because X tanked. And since the whole Gundam anime franchise is essentially nothing but an extremely glorified toy commercial they didn't make a lot of kits for it yet.
The same thing essentially happened with AGE as well. The only difference is that they pretty much released the kits and the show in tandem. That is why we got a MASSIVE amount of HGs and MGs in the beginning but then the pace at which they released the kits slowed down significantly.

However, fans have been demanding MG X kits for quite some time now! So I'm sure that we will get them sooner or later.
We still need a MG V2 as well...

Well I guess that makes sense. But again, I've been rewatching Gundam X lately and really enjoying it a lot more.

I mean is it too much to ask for like X, X Divider, and Double X in MG? Maybe we'll see them in 2013. But Bandai also needs to finish up Age and 00 MG's as well. Wing.. I hope to see a Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and an updated Wing Zero Custom MG's later..

I'm just a bit concerned that so much emphasis is being put into Seed and Seed Destiny as well as UC these days. I mean Seed and Seed Destiny are great and all, but I think many of the Gundam fans outside of Japan started off with Wing, and then from there got really into Gundam with 00 like I did. Then Age came along, but in between there, I'm sure many of us checked out other series like G Gundam and Gundam X.

My rating is like this..

Gundam 00 > Gundam Age > Gundam Wing > Gundam X > G Gundam


Quote:

Originally Posted by Destined_Fate (Post 4489820)
Well, time heals all wounds and Gundam X getting into Super Robot Wars Z series has really helped make it very popular with the new generation that have never even seen the anime.

I want Ennil's Jenice Custom.

I guess that's true that through time, things will get better. Being included into Super Robot Wars Z isn't such a big deal since things like Gundam Seed and now Gundam Seed Destiny is getting an HD Remaster TV airing followed by BluRay releases and "remastered" kits.

I'm just curious as to what that Glory of the Defeated thing is for Gundam Wing. I really really hope that means we'll see MG's like:

Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz Remaster)
Nataku
Heavyarms Custom
Sandrock Custom

And then there's Age that has a huge rush of kits. But mostly they were variations. The Gransa getting an HG release means that we could see a MG release of it later, or maybe get Exia R2 situation where the best we get is HG.. >_<

Skye629 2012-12-26 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4489848)
Well I guess that makes sense. But again, I've been rewatching Gundam X lately and really enjoying it a lot more.

I mean is it too much to ask for like X, X Divider, and Double X in MG? Maybe we'll see them in 2013. But Bandai also needs to finish up Age and 00 MG's as well. Wing.. I hope to see a Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and an updated Wing Zero Custom MG's later..

I'm just a bit concerned that so much emphasis is being put into Seed and Seed Destiny as well as UC these days. I mean Seed and Seed Destiny are great and all, but I think many of the Gundam fans outside of Japan started off with Wing, and then from there got really into Gundam with 00 like I did. Then Age came along, but in between there, I'm sure many of us checked out other series like G Gundam and Gundam X.

My rating is like this..

Gundam 00 > Gundam Age > Gundam Wing > Gundam X > G Gundam




I guess that's true that through time, things will get better. Being included into Super Robot Wars Z isn't such a big deal since things like Gundam Seed and now Gundam Seed Destiny is getting an HD Remaster TV airing followed by BluRay releases and "remastered" kits.

I'm just curious as to what that Glory of the Defeated thing is for Gundam Wing. I really really hope that means we'll see MG's like:

Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz Remaster)
Nataku
Heavyarms Custom
Sandrock Custom

And then there's Age that has a huge rush of kits. But mostly they were variations. The Gransa getting an HG release means that we could see a MG release of it later, or maybe get Exia R2 situation where the best we get is HG.. >_<

From a marketing perspective overseas profit is probably not as much as in japan

And as Unicorn and DESTINY is airing they're gonna strike while the iron is hot, so it makes sense they're focusing on those

As for the X, Wing, and 00 kits I'm with you though for wanting new MG releases

As for X imo they can wrap up the MG line with 2.5 kits in 3 months and call it quits while making fans happy (An X, then a small add on Divider pack like the Vbuster, then a DX)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.