AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Code: Breaker (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110445)

Mercy Falls 2012-02-18 10:43

Code: Breaker

Well, there's not much information yet about the adaption of this manga, except that Crunchyroll revealed that it was being adapted into an anime. I really enjoy this manga so I'm pretty excited. Can't wait for a release date and what not. Anyone else interested in this? Thoughts?

Some things I'm worried about are that they might tone down some of the violence in the anime. I really hope this doesn't happen. I know it's really a shounen manga, but it has a lot of seinen elements I think and I hope they don't completely get rid of them.

Also, this is my first post on this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules or creating a thread that's already been done :xxx

Richocet 2012-02-18 16:02

Well the only info I could find on this was over here

Quote:

This year's 44th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that an anime adaptation of the Code:Breaker manga by Akimine Kamijyō (Samurai Deeper Kyo) has been green-lit. Del Rey Manga published two volumes of the manga in North America last year (before Kodansha USA took over Del Rey's manga titles) and described the plot as follows:

Rei seems like an affable transfer student to everyone around him, but quirky high school beauty Sakura sees his true face as a terrifying vigilante - a "nonexistent" Code:Breaker who cannot be touched by the law. And since Sakura has just witnessed the effects of his deadly blue flame, she's slated to be the next to burn!

The manga launched in Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 2008, and Kodansha will publish the 16th compiled book volume of the manga in Japan next month.

I also hope they dont tone down the violence

MisaoFan 2012-02-18 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richocet (Post 4013102)
Well the only info I could find on this was over here

I also hope they dont tone down the violence

If only it will be aired late at night, right ? I'll doubt that although the violence can't be toned down, it will be censored sometimes because of the Japanese television rules.

Aesthetic Shampoo 2012-02-20 22:07

I hope this is one cour and ends after the arc with the electric ex senpai. Things really dropped in quality beyond that point imo. Though if that doesn't happen (and it probably won't) lets hope the anime team will fix up all those plot holes and spice up those boring fights...but they probably won't. Any news on the studio?

Dhomochevsky 2012-02-22 14:46

This better has a huge budget to animate a lot of fights.
If it does, it can be awesome. Otherwise there won't be much left to the show.

frubam 2012-02-22 14:58

This is going to be the next Kaze no Stigma, huh (>.>)?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnythesun (Post 4016690)
I hope this is one cour and ends after the arc with the electric ex senpai. Things really dropped in quality beyond that point imo. Though if that doesn't happen (and it probably won't) lets hope the anime team will fix up all those plot holes and spice up those boring fights...but they probably won't. Any news on the studio?

I thought the whole "he/that man"'s(you know who i'm talking about) arc was pretty good, if only for the comical moments. I quickly grew uninterested in it after that. I think that'd be a more appropriate place to stop.

MisaoFan 2012-03-30 15:10

Staff is up :
Quote:

監督・シリーズ構成 : 入江泰浩
キャラデザ・作監 : 秋谷有紀恵 / 副監督 : 迫井政行 / アニメ制作 : キネマシトラス
It will be animated by Kinema Citrus with direction by Yasuhiro Irie

mochichan 2012-03-30 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 4019719)
This is going to be the next Kaze no Stigma, huh (>.>)?

I thought the whole "he/that man"'s(you know who i'm talking about) arc was pretty good, if only for the comical moments. I quickly grew uninterested in it after that. I think that'd be a more appropriate place to stop.

I hate how they keep preferring to the bad guy as "he" "that man" thing. like jeezus....

I agree tho but if they stop early then they will left out the power up part with the emperor + sakura past so pretty sure they will continue with the story as the manga. :\
unless they just diverge from the manga and make up their own story for the anime.

Bern-san 2012-04-03 08:00

More news!
A third seiyuu has been revealed: Kenichi Suzumura as Toki!
As a remainder Rei Ogami will be voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto and Sakurakouji Sakura will be voiced by Yoko Hikasa
http://i42.tinypic.com/6gdlqh.jpg

Source: ANN

Domonkazu 2012-04-03 08:09

will watch cuz Yoko Hikasa :)

ninryu 2012-04-03 08:11

Looks good! I need to catch up with the manga.

Mura 2012-04-03 12:00

Okamoto did Accelerator, right? Plus Hikasa Youko is more than enough to watch.

Valky 2012-04-03 12:42

They better not mess it up like they did to Kyo.

Haohmaru 2012-04-03 21:22

Staff is impressive. This might actually turn out really nice for a shounen.

ahelo 2012-04-03 21:53

Wasn't Kinema Citrus the one responsible for animating Tokyo Magnitude 8.0? If that's the case then this might be a visual feast.

Solace 2012-04-04 01:57

The art is a little different from the manga, it's a bit more "round" (especially Sakura's eyes). There's a lot of characterization in the manga art style that really helps to emphasize scenes, so I'm hoping they don't stray too far. I always get a kick out of Rei and Sakura's lying faces, and Toki is always drawn with a smirk even when he's in full badass mode. The rest of the characters have their own equally interesting quirks.

I'm also a bit worried about censorship. It's not really a fanservicey type of story but a lot of the fights are pretty brutal, especially in the more recent arcs.

I hope there's a PV soon. ^^

Also, it's not really a manga spoiler to know this, but I'll tag it anyway:

Spoiler for manga talk about "him":

FaiEatsRainbows 2012-04-04 07:49

I hope this turns out good, I'm really looking forward to it. I do agree that the art looks a lot different though, but I don't mind. I actually like the anime art style better.

ninryu 2012-04-04 07:54

Nah, I like Sakura's manga eyes more. Less childish.

Paranoid Android 2012-04-04 08:06

Ah I was hoping for The Breakers and not Code: Breaker. But anyways, I am excited to see some brutal hardcore fights (Like Hellsing Ultimate's brutalness but oh the budget and production time Dx). The plot of this manga is extremely average however. And it's going really into the repetitive/overused tangent.

A 40~60 min x6 episode series would be quite nice. Out at a bi-monthly rate.

It should end after they're done with the ex-breakers. Not this code: name w/e crap.

If the fights gets toned down and they use the entire manga plot with all the arcs, this would definitely plant itself in the 'pile of shit' section in my anime list :(

PiggyBank 2012-04-04 13:36

I really hope they don't slaughter it, like they did with Kyo. Akimine Kamijyo deserves better than that.

Though the imagesomehow doesn't make me very hopeful... Like the manga art so much more. But at least the manga offers enough material, so anime shouldn't start catching up to after 10 episodes.