AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2011-10-21 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3818210)
MG 1/100 Gundam Sandrock EW - Review by YellowSubmarine HobbyShop Blog
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...review-by.html

A review on the MG Sandrock EW... Very cool kit. I just wish that these engineering on the model kits were used on the MG Wing EW and MG Wing Zero EW..

>_>

the wing EW and wing zero EW are both from 2004. (the new wing EW is essentially the same as the old wing ver.ka afterall). so these kits are 7 years old! thats just 4 or 5 years after bandai incorporated a full inner frame in their models and their molding technology wasnt as good back then as well. you gotta cut them some slack there, for their time these models were awesome!

suiton629 2011-10-21 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3818222)
the wing EW and wing zero EW are both from 2004. (the new wing EW is essentially the same as the old wing ver.ka afterall). so these kits are 7 years old! thats just 4 or 5 years after bandai incorporated a full inner frame in their models and their molding technology wasnt as good back then as well. you gotta cut them some slack there, for their time these models were awesome!

True. But if they were marking them as "new" EW line of MG kits, they should have given the Wing and Wing Zero EW the full treatment... i mean they are the leads from the Wing series...

Appel 2011-10-21 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3818231)
True. But if they were marking them as "new" EW line of MG kits, they should have given the Wing and Wing Zero EW the full treatment... i mean they are the leads from the Wing series...

well the wing zero already is an EW kit so they didnt have to re-release that one. but the wing gundam ver.ka got new colors and it can now be mounted on a standard action base. thats good enough for me!^^
what else should have been added to them in your opinion? and dont say better hands because those all suck on the entire EW MG line XD

suiton629 2011-10-21 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3818251)
well the wing zero already is an EW kit so they didnt have to re-release that one. but the wing gundam ver.ka got new colors and it can now be mounted on a standard action base. thats good enough for me!^^
what else should have been added to them in your opinion? and dont say better hands because those all suck on the entire EW MG line XD

Well better hands could be one. At least the "new" EW Master Grade kits have those swapping finger hands with the peg on the hands.

Aside from that:

- more clear parts so you don't have to use stickers
- a full inner frame

Appel 2011-10-21 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3818273)
Well better hands could be one. At least the "new" EW Master Grade kits have those swapping finger hands with the peg on the hands.

Aside from that:

- more clear parts so you don't have to use stickers
- a full inner frame

the stickers they used on both kits are standard issue. you have a sticker for the eye and the head sensors which is the standard for all MGs.
then there are three for the search eye and the two sensors on the arms. im fine with that! and if you want to you can always paint them. these are model kits afterall and not just toys^^ if you want them to be perfect you gotta invest some more ttime in them. thats especially the case with the older kits!

and the frame of both kits is more or less complete. only the arms and the shoulders dont have a complete inner frame. but i really dont see how a full frame there would improve the kits since all joints are made like current MGs.

suiton629 2011-10-21 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3818280)
the stickers they used on both kits are standard issue. you have a sticker for the eye and the head sensors which is the standard for all MGs.
then there are three for the search eye and the two sensors on the arms. im fine with that! and if you want to you can always paint them. these are model kits afterall and not just toys^^ if you want them to be perfect you gotta invest some more ttime in them. thats especially the case with the older kits!

and the frame of both kits is more or less complete. only the arms and the shoulders dont have a complete inner frame. but i really dont see how a full frame there would improve the kits since all joints are made like current MGs.

Well if they had the finger swapping or at least a peg on the hand, that would improve the kit a lot. I also think they need to work on the details for the weapons to have more colors on it.

Also, they should at least have a clear plastic for the eye & forehead camera, or do the clear green...

MakubeX2 2011-10-22 01:34

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4...9263839631.jpg

Kitaeryu 2011-10-22 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3819005)

I was really happy when I saw this. Then I saw the robot damashii part. Then I was less happy.

duotiga 2011-10-22 04:18

prepare to cost a bomb for the seravee....

MakubeX2 2011-10-22 05:15

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2612/1319270384502.jpg

Free 1/144 Grandslam with every purchase of Hobby Japan April 2012. Like all previous freebies, it will go uncoloured.

casval cehack 2011-10-22 06:34

The HG Strike on the left can't even hold it properly. With chrome paint, RG Strike and Grand Slam can now pose as a mini-PG.

pumpkins 2011-10-22 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3819221)
Free 1/144 Grandslam with every purchase of Hobby Japan April 2012. Like all previous freebies, it will go uncoloured.

cool! is it the first grand slam for 1/144 scale? i only remember the MGs and PGs coming with it! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3819313)
The HG Strike on the left can't even hold it properly. With chrome paint, RG Strike and Grand Slam can now pose as a mini-PG.

yup, i think that'll be what most people will be doing with it! :) lets hope there's more goodies coming out for SEED. :)

casval cehack 2011-10-22 17:45

Full LED - frame gunpla. The definitive Unicorn build (it's 1/144!). Very impressive.

00Q 2011-10-23 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3819005)

Meh id rather see a proper seravee unit for the 1/144 Raphael Gundam.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-23 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Q (Post 3821284)
Meh id rather see a proper seravee unit for the 1/144 Raphael Gundam.

I'd abandon that hope right now if I were you. It's clearly obvious Bandai has lost faith in 00 when it comes to the 1/144 line.

firefox 2011-10-24 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3822168)
I'd abandon that hope right now if I were you. It's clearly obvious Bandai has lost faith in 00 when it comes to the 1/144 line.

Nothing to do with faith, just marketing and new products. 00 is out, AGE is in for Bandai. All resource now go into the devellopment and marketing of AGE products. Maybe he will get a RG or MG someday, but i doubt it, Rafael aint exactly a pretty gundam and doesn't have a huge fanbase just like most movie gundams.

Face it,for bandai 00 is old news just like seed was when 00 begun. But there is always hope in say like 5 years ;) if you pray really really hard :).

Now we start praying for my 1/144 HG M1 astray :D

On a sidenote anybody here ever compared the 1/144 HG exia with Super HCM Pro exia?

Appel 2011-10-24 15:12

im currently working on my photo for the G-shot 2011 competition :P
im pretty much limited to the "best straight build" cetegory though... i dont have a proper camera so "best photo" is out of the question. i dont have the resources for a diorama, i dont customize my models and the only paintjobs i did are with the stock colors which is not wanted int he "best paintjob" category...
so im jost gonna try to snap a REALLY good photo of my PG astray and hope for the best! XD

is anyone else here going to enter that competition?^^

Butagami 2011-10-24 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3823464)
im currently working on my photo for the G-shot 2011 competition :P
im pretty much limited to the "best straight build" cetegory though... i dont have a proper camera so "best photo" is out of the question. i dont have the resources for a diorama, i dont customize my models and the only paintjobs i did are with the stock colors which is not wanted int he "best paintjob" category...
so im jost gonna try to snap a REALLY good photo of my PG astray and hope for the best! XD

is anyone else here going to enter that competition?^^

I wish you the best with that. As for me, my builds so far have sucked incredibly, so I won't submit. Gotta practice first :)

Appel 2011-10-24 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3823515)
I wish you the best with that. As for me, my builds so far have sucked incredibly, so I won't submit. Gotta practice first :)

and why do your builds suck?^^ i mean, you can just submit a straight build kit to this contest for example. you just need to make sure that you cut everything properly. you dont even have to panel line it for this, decals are optional as well!

and taking a decent photo of the kit isnt that difficult as well:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/foto11172u4z.jpg

thats just a test photo though. i wanted to try something else but the lighting didnt work out for me.
im gonna take a new set of photos tomorrow so that i can actually use the daylight to get sharper photos^^

Butagami 2011-10-24 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3823559)

and why do your builds suck?^^ i mean, you can just submit a straight build kit to this contest for example. you just need to make sure that you cut everything properly. you dont even have to panel line it for this, decals are optional as well!

and taking a decent photo of the kit isnt that difficult as well:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/foto11172u4z.jpg

thats just a test photo though. i wanted to try something else but the lighting didnt work out for me.
im gonna take a new set of photos tomorrow so that i can actually use the daylight to get sharper photos^^

Your RF looks awesome.

As for sucking, it's just nubmarks galore. Planning to go back to my small share of kits to finish them off a little better. They're only HG's but still deserve some more attention. Got me a hobbyknife and some cutters, going by the hardwarestore this week to buy some really fine grit sandingpaper, and then I'm off! Well.... after the examweek....