AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-08-30 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327854)
Thank you^^ Though I'm dire need of space :uhoh:

We all do T-T.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4327876)
on a serious note, people tend to do more dynamic poses more on HG/RG 1/144 rather 1/100 (if you got the luxury space). Most 1/100 are usually standing/Singular pose, the most would be 2 kit doing side by side dynamic poses for 1/100 . PG/ Megasize is already your "shrine"

I only have a few MG's on display currently. The problem is, that the joints for some become pretty loose after time without the feet supporting the weight if you put them arial. Especially the hip joints are prone to that. My MG Gundam MK II's are pretty loose already, for example. That's one of the reason's why I'm getting less MG's now and more HG's.

@Obelisk: I see you can feel my pain T_T

duotiga 2012-08-30 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327888)
I only have a few MG's on display currently. The problem is, that the joints for some become pretty loose after time without the feet supporting the weight if you put them arial. Especially the hip joints are prone to that. My MG Gundam MK II's are pretty loose already, for example. That's one of the reason's why I'm getting less MG's now and more HG's.

@Obelisk: I see you can feel my pain T_T

Which is why MG are mostly standing kits with exception of a few . the weights of the inner & outer frame cause the joints to be loose

In short is basically telling you for MG do a pose & leave it there . If you change some more , it will become more loose ( indirectly tell you to get more )

Bashfulz 2012-08-30 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327734)
Sure. Might as well show some more of my collection^^ My desk is a little messed up though, and I don't have all kits in fancy poses, so excuse em please :heh:

nice collection! i see lots of ALAWS suits and unicorn destroys :)

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashfulz (Post 4327952)
nice collection! i see lots of ALAWS suits and unicorn destroys :)

Thank you :D I would like to do a diorama with the Gundams and the A-Laws someday^^ I got some Unicorn gundams in Unicorn Modes^^

For those who like Gundam X, I found some custom builds on gundamguy :)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2012/05...ustomized.html

Tak 2012-08-30 10:39

Awww Strike... now I can't post my wall of shame and be proud of it :heh:

- Tak

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4327992)
Awww Strike... now I can't post my wall of shame and be proud of it :heh:

- Tak

Why not? I would like to see your collection :)

suiton629 2012-08-30 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4327999)
Why not? I would like to see your collection :)

Would you like to see my collection?

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4328001)
Would you like to see my collection?

The Boxes? :p Already saw that

Edit: It's amazing what some people can do :love:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=90488

Sworra 2012-08-30 15:24

The only collection i have is a backlog of kits to build.. I have a few built though.

Bonta Kun 2012-08-30 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4328309)
The only collection i have is a backlog of kits to build.. I have a few built though.

I'm the same, got a few models made but got more in backlog....

Nice to see others with the GN-X III A-Laws, I quite like it, however not enough to get 4 of them;):heh:

Very impressive collection Strike, very chaotic but very impressive:)

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 15:48

Thanks, Bonta^^

My backlog was pretty big until a few weeks ago. I didn't get new kits since march, I recall correctly, because it was so big. My current backlog consists of

- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode)
- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode)
- RG Freedom
- MG Gundam Epyon EW
- MG Wing Gundam EW
- MG Wing Gundam Zero
- MG 00 Raiser

I'm now thinking about which of those I should build next -_-

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4328329)
Thanks, Bonta^^

My backlog was pretty big until a few weeks ago. I didn't get new kits since march, I recall correctly, because it was so big. My current backlog consists of

- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode)
- HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode)
- RG Freedom
- MG Gundam Epyon EW
- MG Wing Gundam EW
- MG Wing Gundam Zero
- MG 00 Raiser

I'm now thinking about which of those I should build next -_-

Might be best if you did one of the Wing's and Unicorn's before everything else and saved the oither two for last to keep them as fresh as possible since they are so similar to one another.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328339)
Might be best if you did one of the Wing's and Unicorn's before everything else and saved the oither two for last to keep them as fresh as possible since they are so similar to one another.

A good suggestion, I was actually thinking about doing one of the Wings the last. Still deciding which one though :uhoh: I'm currently inclined to do the Wing Zero first and then the Epyon, so I can pose them toghether :D

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4328352)
A good suggestion, I was actually thinking about doing one of the Wings the last. Still deciding which one though :uhoh: I'm currently inclined to do the Wing Zero first and then the Epyon, so I can pose them toghether :D

I would say this is probably a great idea.

Plus as it is, Wing Zero EW is my favorite suit, and a posing god, however his wing's and overall design just makes him not as good as Wing EW.

Granted that is just my opinion of course, but Wing EW with all his colors, Buster, and Shield really make for a much better MG at least between the two and the problems the Wing on Zero currently have.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328357)
I would say this is probably a great idea.

Plus as it is, Wing Zero EW is my favorite suit, and a posing god, however his wing's and overall design just makes him not as good as Wing EW.

Granted that is just my opinion of course, but Wing EW with all his colors, Buster, and Shield really make for a much better MG at least between the two and the problems the Wing on Zero currently have.

To be honest, it's my second Zero :) The first I made 2 Years ago, and stands on top of my TV looking beautiful :D And I also own the Wing Ver.Ka. IMO, it looks even better then Zero for the same reasons as you^^ I just hope, I can pull off some dynamic poses with the Zero :heh:

Sworra 2012-08-30 16:34

i'll have to take a pic of my backlog cause its so big the list will be forever to type out. lol

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 16:50

Thankfully after my building spree lately I have trimmed the log down a bit.

Right now my log is

HGAW Gundam X (Going to start this later today actually)
RG Gundam
RG Strike Gundam
RG Freedom Gundam
MG Blitz
MG Zeta 2.0
MG Full Armor Unicorn
MG Crossbone Full Cloth
PG W Gundam Zero
PG Strike Freedom

So not to bad, though it's not helped that I will be picking up like 10 more kits in the next two months.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-30 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4328400)
Thankfully after my building spree lately I have trimmed the log down a bit.

Right now my log is

HGAW Gundam X (Going to start this later today actually)
RG Gundam
RG Strike Gundam
RG Freedom Gundam
MG Blitz
MG Zeta 2.0
MG Full Armor Unicorn
MG Crossbone Full Cloth
PG W Gundam Zero
PG Strike Freedom

So not to bad, though it's not helped that I will be picking up like 10 more kits in the next two months.

Nice backlog. Could you maybe take some pics when you finished the bolded kits? Would love the see them. The others I own as well minus the Blitz and the Full Cloth, only have the regular Crossbone Gundam.

And which kits will you be picking up? :)

FalsePrime 2012-08-30 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4328405)
Nice backlog. Could you maybe take some pics when you finished the bolded kits? Would love the see them. The others I own as well minus the Blitz and the Full Cloth, only have the regular Crossbone Gundam.

I would but we are currently building a brand new house and those three I've had for about 6 months and I'm saving specifically for when the house is finished and I have a whole new setup for building.

So sadly they won't be done till probably Feb/March of next year. I want to give them a full paint job and my current place doesn't really alow for that. That and I'm still stuck on what colors I want Zero to be, I'm kinda torn between his normal colors or a more muted blue with blue feet. I've seen the later done before and frankly I think it looks amazing on Zero.

I got to say, I'm kinda jealous. I got the Full Cloth but ever since I really wish I had just gotten X1 Ver Ka. Prefer that pilot and the simple cloth compared to all the extra Armor and honestly I'm not a big fan of Tobia's extra weapons.