AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2012-10-22 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4406918)
I've seen reviews, I'd just like the personal opinion of the folks here at AS :D Thanks for the info guys. But doesn't the Unicorn use poly caps? Or are you not referring to the HGUC?

EDIT: Whoops, just realized you were talking about the MG. :heh: I'll see what I can do with the Brave!


I have the Standard Test Type (I liek Green :3) anyways it HIGHLY depends on how much you like to mess around with it and change its poses (in this case transformation also applies), if you hardly do that then it holds together very nicely, extended messing around though will loosen the joints to the point where you will need glue or putty to make the joints tighter again

On a random note I'm building my second AGE HG kit, a G-Bouncer which I impulse bought at a local hobby store. Loving it so far :D, only complaint is the blade on the shield is.....too clear? The color doesn't come through well

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-23 08:47

I guess Nike will like this:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
So, there you go, Nike. It's a Metal Build Exia Repair III in 1/100 scale. I think it's overall better than Exia MG. If you have the money, go buy it right away.

maknaedik 2012-10-23 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4409017)
I guess Nike will like this:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
So, there you go, Nike. It's a Metal Build Exia Repair III in 1/100 scale. I think it's overall better than Exia MG. If you have the money, go buy it right away.

Well, he commented in GG that he still wanted an MG, as of expected.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-23 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4409022)
Well, he commented in GG that he still wanted an MG, as of expected.

:D Typical. I bet it's due to the price. If the price is the same as other MGs, I think he'll snatch it right away.

As for me, my eyes are more set on these.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I finally get to see Xi & Mk.V in a non-Fix Figuration figure. I want to know the exact size of 'em. If they're the same as HGs, I might pick them up :D.

maknaedik 2012-10-23 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4409053)
:D Typical. I bet it's due to the price. If the price is the same as other MGs, I think he'll snatch it right away.

As for me, my eyes are more set on these.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I finally get to see Xi & Mk.V in a non-Fix Figuration figure. I want to know the exact size of 'em. If they're the same as HGs, I might pick them up :D.

I'm actually interested in getting the Xi because of my curiosity on its design.

Kirayuki 2012-10-23 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4409053)
I finally get to see Xi & Mk.V in a non-Fix Figuration figure. I want to know the exact size of 'em. If they're the same as HGs, I might pick them up :D.

Robot Tamashi line has always been on 1/144 scale. For Xi Gundam, it would be around 18-19 cm (pretty tall for a 1/144 scale).

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-23 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirayuki (Post 4409100)
Robot Tamashi line has always been on 1/144 scale.

I don't think so:

http://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-co...2b2d54b9-s.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JYE-HWbzP0...Yk/s640/45.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8181/8...75757f31_c.jpg

The smaller ones are the RDs (the bigger ones are HGs). Still want to say that they're always on 1/144 scale? ;)

Kirayuki 2012-10-23 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4409139)
Still want to say that they're always on 1/144 scale? ;)

My bad :) I didn't know there were some exceptions.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-23 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirayuki (Post 4409161)
My bad :) I didn't know there were some exceptions.

Actually, many RDs are smaller than their HG counterpart. The exceptions are those RDs which have the same size or bigger than the HGs. Here’s a standard size comparison of RD (left) & HG (right):

http://blog.gundamplanet.com/wp-cont...-gundam-29.jpg

casval cehack 2012-10-23 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4409176)
Actually, many RDs are smaller than their HG counterpart. The exceptions are those RDs which have the same size or bigger than the HGs. Here’s a standard size comparison of RD (left) & HG (right):

http://blog.gundamplanet.com/wp-cont...-gundam-29.jpg

The non-standard scale is kinda one of the reasons why I went full gunpla after getting a couple of MiA Seed figures way back.

The metal build Exia R3 is tempting though.

bio9205 2012-10-24 07:54

Wait, so the metal build Exia R3 is a totally new build? (i.e. new set of runners, and not the MG and HG)

duotiga 2012-10-24 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4410358)
Wait, so the metal build Exia R3 is a totally new build? (i.e. new set of runners, and not the MG and HG)

metal build are Figurines, almost similar to GFF (gundam Fix Figuration)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-24 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4410358)
Wait, so the metal build Exia R3 is a totally new build? (i.e. new set of runners, and not the MG and HG)

Like duotiga said, the Metal Build is an 1/100 action figure with some metal parts. That's why the price is hella high.

bio9205 2012-10-24 09:40

I see! But holy crap, I could get 10 HGs at that price.

User214926 2012-10-24 11:11

I've been going a little hardcore with my HG 00 kit building. =P I've decided to do just straight builds for all my GunPla from now on.

I will show off my stuff.
In the mean time I'm selling the Age HG kits that I've built on eBay. You know my eBay store's link... If you don't then check my YouTube channel (same user name) or my blog.

* EDIT *
This is in fact xxnike629xx. I just created this account so that it would be easier for people to recognize who this is, and I wanted to have a fresh start on the forums. =)

Skye629 2012-10-24 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4410543)
I've been going a little hardcore with my HG 00 kit building. =P I've decided to do just straight builds for all my GunPla from now on.

I will show off my stuff.
In the mean time I'm selling the Age HG kits that I've built on eBay. You know my eBay store's link... If you don't then check my YouTube channel (same user name) or my blog.

* EDIT *
This is in fact xxnike629xx. I just created this account so that it would be easier for people to recognize who this is, and I wanted to have a fresh start on the forums. =)

Hello fellow 629 O_O

suiton629 2012-10-24 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4411042)
Hello fellow 629 O_O

Uh hi? :confused:

Butagami 2012-10-25 12:38

Yay, just got a payment request for my MG Aegis :)
And my Qan[T] is underway (release date for Aegis was just a few days too late for them to ship together -.-)

suiton629 2012-10-25 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 4412011)
Yay, just got a payment request for my MG Aegis :)
And my Qan[T] is underway (release date for Aegis was just a few days too late for them to ship together -.-)

Very nice! Although I'm not a Seed/Seed Destiny fan, and I won't get the MG Aegis, I still think it's a pretty cool kit.

MoonLightShadows 2012-10-25 19:31

I always wanted a HGUC Dom Tropen and Z'Gok. I like the Tropens high speed
maneuverability in the desert in 0083 and Unicorn. and for the Zeon Remnant Z'Gok, I noticed it is Olive Green instead of blue. :p
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.