AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-11-07 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 4430312)
Any way of telling the difference between a fake & real kit?.

Just be sure that there's a Bandai Logo on the box and that the writings on it are in Japanese, not in Chinese or English. Also, if you regularly buy Gunpla, I think you'll be able to notice the crappy printings on the knock-off's box (compared to Bandai's). So far, that's good enough to keep me from being tricked and buying the knock-offs ;).

MeesesGlokmah 2012-11-07 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4430338)
Just be sure that there's a Bandai Logo on the box and that the writings on it are in Japanese, not in Chinese or English. Also, if you regularly buy Gunpla, I think you'll be able to notice the crappy printings on the knock-off's box (compared to Bandai's). So far, that's good enough to keep me from being tricked and buying the knock-offs ;).

Ah ok. Makes sense. Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

suiton629 2012-11-07 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 4430312)
Just visiting.

And yeah, I am aware of the fakes and such they may have. Any way of telling the difference between a fake & real kit? The shipping prices and such are what deter me from buying many kits here in the states.

States as in the USA? Well, why not just relax during your visit to China instead of worrying about buying kits there? I mean doesn't it make more sense to do business in the US to keep the money in the country and support the US economy?

:confused:

Just have fun in China (and be safe), and then when you get back to the US, just go over to:

eBay
Amazon
GG Infinite
Gundam Planet
Tatsu Hobby
Gundam Store & More

...and then order your kits.

bio9205 2012-11-07 22:10

Also, some knockoffs may label the kits differently. IIRC on HG Dynames' box, Bandai's says "Gundam Dynames" while TT Hongli's just says "Dynames".

HasuMasu 2012-11-08 06:07

That's a nice looking box behind the Zeta.

Chiu_fan 2012-11-08 10:03

HGUC Byarlant Custom is finally out! Hacchaka just made a review and after seeing it, I definitely can't wait to get my hands on one!

suiton629 2012-11-08 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4430963)
HGUC Byarlant Custom is finally out! Hacchaka just made a review and after seeing it, I definitely can't wait to get my hands on one!

Like this? http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2012/...ease-date.html

:D

Skye629 2012-11-08 13:59

Ugh I'm torn between this and the Rozen Zulu, being a poor college student sucks (well I got the money, but its being spent elsewhere on necessary things......)

casval cehack 2012-11-08 18:29

I say pick the Byarlant Custom, it's available now.:heh: Rozen Zulu will become "necessary" in December.

MeesesGlokmah 2012-11-08 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4430445)
States as in the USA? Well, why not just relax during your visit to China instead of worrying about buying kits there? I mean doesn't it make more sense to do business in the US to keep the money in the country and support the US economy?

Yeah, that's true. I just wish shipping and such wasn't so expensive. I'll have to check some of those sites you mentioned (like Tatsu Hobby, which I hadnt heard of before).

I just remember not too long ago when I was able to get kits for a reasonable price here. But now it's like a minimum of $25 for a decent 1/144 HG kit, and even more if I have to import it. Can't really afford this hobby like I used to be able to, lol.

suiton629 2012-11-08 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 4431648)
Yeah, that's true. I just wish shipping and such wasn't so expensive. I'll have to check some of those sites you mentioned (like Tatsu Hobby, which I hadnt heard of before).

I just remember not too long ago when I was able to get kits for a reasonable price here. But now it's like a minimum of $25 for a decent 1/144 HG kit, and even more if I have to import it. Can't really afford this hobby like I used to be able to, lol.

The way I see it..

If you live on the East Coast
- Gundam Store & More
- Gundam Planet (based in NJ)

If you live on the West Coast
- GG Infinite
- Tatsu Hobby

If you can't wait, it's a kit sold out, etc
- Hobby Link Japan
- HobbyWave (based in Canada)

I know that everyone says GG Infinite is expensive, but they sometimes have good prices, and they always have those online exclusive/hard to find items. If it's not listed on their online store, it's best to send them an email to see if they have it in stock elsewhere or if they can special order it for you.

bio9205 2012-11-08 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4431173)
Ugh I'm torn between this and the Rozen Zulu, being a poor college student sucks (well I got the money, but its being spent elsewhere on necessary things......)

I'm going for the Rozen Zulu first, then the Byarlant Custom if I have enough. :D

suiton629 2012-11-08 23:57

I'm waiting for GG INFINITE to get the MG Darkhound in stock then I will order that and the RG Strike Rogue together.

I'm still waiting for BlueFin to send me a confirmation email of sending out the 8 Real Grade kits I won.

Skye629 2012-11-09 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 4431648)

Y dont you order at Hobbywave? They have a flat shipping of $12, and if you order say 4 kits thats $3 shipping for each

I have not personally ordered there yet, Im waiting for a damn restock on the HG Legilis for my bro, but from what I have heard they're pretty good with shipping and stuff

Butagami 2012-11-09 06:04

So the other day my MG Qan[T] came in :)
Gonna take my sweet time putting that piece of art together.
And still to come, the Aegis, and the 1/100 kyrios (yay transformables, go well with my MG Wing)
And that'll probably be it for my gunpla purchases for the coming time (I can sympathise, Skye) :heh:

suiton629 2012-11-09 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4431996)
Y dont you order at Hobbywave? They have a flat shipping of $12, and if you order say 4 kits thats $3 shipping for each

I have not personally ordered there yet, Im waiting for a damn restock on the HG Legilis for my bro, but from what I have heard they're pretty good with shipping and stuff

Don't suggest unless you've done it before.

I have.. My problems.

1. they don't ship every day
2. $12 flat fee is great if you order a lot
3. based in canada so still need to get through customs
4. not in stock a lot of times

Butagami 2012-11-09 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4432096)
Don't suggest unless you've done it before.

I have.. My problems.

1. they don't ship every day
2. $12 flat fee is great if you order a lot
3. based in canada so still need to get through customs
4. not in stock a lot of times

Why can't he make suggestions? He honestly told Meeses that he hadn't ordered there himself, but heard good things about them. What's wrong with that?

And about your "problems"

1. A day or two won't make that much of a difference...
2. This is a good thing (and It's always best to buy in bulk, flat fee or not)
3. What does it add in price and time?
4. You're right here, that is a hassle

suiton629 2012-11-09 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 4432113)
Why can't he make suggestions? He honestly told Meeses that he hadn't ordered there himself, but heard good things about them. What's wrong with that?

And about your "problems"

1. A day or two won't make that much of a difference...
2. This is a good thing (and It's always best to buy in bulk, flat fee or not)
3. What does it add in price and time?
4. You're right here, that is a hassle

Hearing about something (shopping experience, product, etc) is nothing unless you have personal experience.

maknaedik 2012-11-09 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4432114)
Hearing about something (shopping experience, product, etc) is nothing unless you have personal experience.

You can only gain personal experience if you try :)

suiton629 2012-11-09 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4432255)
You can only gain personal experience if you try :)

And why the hell would you just repeat the same thing that I said? Pointless..