AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Noppapana 2007-01-31 21:16

a 1/60 is not always a PG
i think he meant the Strike Freedom Gundam Lightening Edition which is a 1/60 scale

lycantivis 2007-01-31 21:19

Oh ok good to hear cause I love the look of the C1 its just so unique in the gundam universe.

LoweGear 2007-01-31 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by krzglue2 (Post 818296)
I see the development sketch of MG Hi-Nu already, I think it make it too heavy, unlike the way it looks in Super Robot War alpha 3.

Anyway, buy MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 instead, that worth the money. I am a modeller myself and I understand that many new Gundam models have been design in bad way and many has been remake again and again (like MG Zeta Gundam, how many version has it be make, and the MK-II.).

They should development model like GPO4, crossbone X-3, F90...

And for the PG strike freedom, just a waste of money to buy that...

Actually the trend has been improvement year after year, with better and better MG's coming out. In terms of design, poseability, features, stability and others a lot of MG's coming out today are a whole lot better than MG's in the past, especially against those early MG's from the late 90's (which is when the first Zeta MG was made, and also the MG Mk.II, warranting their Ver. 2.0 remakes).

Like Deus Eps said, the MG Zeta has only had a single remake that radically improves on the stability issues of the original. Asides from that, the only other versions of it are the various plated and crystal versions.

And that Strike Freedom's not a PG, it's a Lightning Edition 1/60, which may have MG proportions, but it is for the most part a light up High Grade quality kit.

Fome 2007-01-31 21:37

Hey, this question might anger some of you more skilled modelers. I'm wondering what is the best way to cut off the plastic nips you get from removing the parts from the trees. I know, I should take my time and file then sand, but I'm not a real modeller, and I'm content with a relatively smooth cut. I used to use an exceptionally sharp nail clipper, but I lost it, and my other nail clippers don't cut nearly as cleanly. Any suggestions?

GameraBaenre 2007-01-31 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 818330)
Hey, this question might anger some of you more skilled modelers. I'm wondering what is the best way to cut off the plastic nips you get from removing the parts from the trees. I know, I should take my time and file then sand, but I'm not a real modeller, and I'm content with a relatively smooth cut. I used to use an exceptionally sharp nail clipper, but I lost it, and my other nail clippers don't cut nearly as cleanly. Any suggestions?

This is a tool called a "Nipper" you can find them at any local hardware store, wallmart tool section, etc

Nail clippers are for nails. The curved surface is not the best means to get a nice straight cut. Spend the 5 or so bucks and grab one or two of these (if you are prone to losing equipment and such) :)

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 818330)

i myself am content with simply making it look good with the least amount of work possible, so i dont sand/putty/seal the seam lines with surfacer. I use the nipper thing GameraBaenre speaks of...but that doesnt always cut the parts out cleanly...i use my hobby knife to get a nice clean surface.

kct 2007-01-31 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycantivis (Post 818316)
Oh ok good to hear cause I love the look of the C1 its just so unique in the gundam universe.

...As a matter of fact, the C1 might have it's own cult of fans all over the world.

Yes, I used nippers, but that doesn't work 100% of the time, so I resorted to using a box cutter/paper cutter do finish the remains off.

Meehlimo 2007-02-01 07:29

Yea i just use a very sharp razor blade u must be VERY carefull tho accidents do happen >_>.

kct 2007-02-01 09:08

I know, either finger or something important gets cut. But if it's minor they can be fixed >.> .

krzglue2 2007-02-01 11:48

I type the wrong letter, i mean the MG strike freedom that come out recently (the full buster mode), anyway I won't buy model from GS or GSD since I think it looks bad.

Or may be I am just a old fashin gundam fans who only like UC models.

MG is better now, and HG just getting worst.

Noppapana 2007-02-01 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by krzglue2 (Post 818982)
I type the wrong letter, i mean the MG strike freedom that come out recently (the full buster mode), anyway I won't buy model from GS or GSD since I think it looks bad.

HG getting worst ? IMO Saviour and Legend have far better details and mechanism then the old GSD HG 1/100

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-01 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by krzglue2 (Post 818982)

I still fail to see how any of the grades (HG/HGUC/MG/PG) are getting worse. With each new series, Bandai improves their model kits. Mind elaborating on what you mean there?

lycantivis 2007-02-01 15:26

the "HG" Infinite Justice was only missing a underframe to make it a MG. It has the detail and mobility/posability of a MG.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-01 17:01

i would have to agree with that statement somewhat and on a more general scale...the latest batch of SEED 1/100s are very nice and simply lack an inner frame and special MG redesigned lineart

krzglue2 2007-02-01 17:23

well, I have do a HG NT-1 to gundam contest with a friend, he got angry of he model because it require a lot of reshaping the model, and many parts are just too less detailed and have to either use clay to reconstruct it. That's why he switch to MG instead, I mean if you are not a modeller you don't understand the reason.

this is just my opinion anyway.

DarkWarrior 2007-02-01 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycantivis (Post 819235)
the "HG" Infinite Justice was only missing a underframe to make it a MG. It has the detail and mobility/posability of a MG.

Uhh... no. The recent SEED 1/100 kits are a definite improvement, but they're still nowhere near the articulation or details of today's MGs.

lycantivis 2007-02-01 19:20

http://tkachi.nce.buttobi.net/gallery/index.htm
just wow

kct 2007-02-01 19:34

Well...the thing is that the NT-1 is an older HGUC, anything from something like 2004 to now received a lot of improvements.

M_Flores 2007-02-01 20:14

The SEED 1/100s, especially since the 1/100 Destiny (I get the feeling they purposely made the 1/100 SF really meh as opposed to the MG and LE) are REALLY good in proportions, IMO and really feel almost MG-like.
However, when pitted against a real MG, doing photoshoots with my MG SF and 1/100 Destiny, etc. you really do notice the difference. There is only certain magic that can be found in an MG. And its not just the inner frame.

krzglue2 2007-02-01 20:50

may be i just hate HG then, but if I doing the contest this year I will do a MG instead of HG