AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2016-02-05 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5771369)
I've never been into this SD EX-Standard hype, can someone fill me up? what's the gimmick for these SD Kits? do they have like knees or something? they look tempting.

Basically old SD kits, but upscaled/reproportioned to modern SD scale while also downscaling the price a bit (its been going up and up over the past few years into HG territory)

As a cost of that though there are more hollow parts (blatantly so, its most noticeable from the back which looks atrocious) like on old SDs

So in basic the "new" versions of what the old SD's were, in some ways better (proportions/size/details) and in some ways worse (hollow parts, hollow parts everywheeeerrreeee)

IMO do not get unless you are gonna do some heavy customizing or displaying in a way you can only see the front

helois 2016-02-05 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5769474)
Is it just me, or the MC Gundam (Barbatos) in IBO has some of the most brutal & savage weapons in Gundam history? First, it's a giant spiky mace with a pile-driver/bunker inside. Now, it has a giant chainsaw that can clam down on its enemy? (and god knows what other pain-inflictor feature it has) It's a demon indeed :uhoh:.

well, Kyrios in 00 has a claw-shield with a "beam-dagger" hidden inside... it's not brutal,but a lot of madness behind the project..

Abdoul: kinda Macross-style jet-fighter with an incomplete transformation

Kyrios: jet-fighter with complete transformation,a rifle and....
a fu**ing shield with a claw and a beam dagger!

(also Arios: jet-fighter with a claw in the front! )

sponsored by "Don't do drug in project phase of Gundam"

:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh: :heh::heh::heh:

or "there is always a little Halleluia inside of us!" (like the emotions in "Inside Out" )

:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::uhoh:

Faux Mecha 2016-02-11 06:08

wait, there is no HG Galluss J released before its lightly armed variant the Schuzrum-Galluss?
unless i happen to mistake someone's old ZZ 1/144 kit for one OR even a really good kit bash.

wavehawk 2016-02-11 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5776554)
wait, there is no HG Galluss J released before its lightly armed variant the Schuzrum-Galluss?

- nope. I wish they made one.

Faux Mecha 2016-02-11 11:34

Spoiler for 1/144 Vagan Gear scratch built:

sigh.......... if only they made the kits for this sexy beast, say what you want about AGE & Level-5's handling of the franchise, but at least they had really good looking Suit designs,

speaking of AGE kits, i want to warn you guys about the HG Clanche (both versions)'s design flaw, the wrist cuffs are prone to break as getting split in half in the middle on the facing inner side section due to how the hands ball socket joints were designed, instead of being a full 'cup' design its an open 'half cup' design that requires the wrist cuffs so that the ball joints stayed in place in the socket, which is a bad idea as the stress caused by moving the hands alone or replacing for alternate hands will put pressure on the cuffs, combined with the transformation gimmick that requires you to remove the cuffs & rotate them & reinserting the hands in a different position adds more to the wear,
another minor complaint for the kits is the 'flap' armor piece at the back of the torso's whose connection hook is fragile as heck, which is made worse in MA mode as the shield is stored there despite being supported by the arms in that mode, it also never pegs on well in both modes.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2016-02-12 04:34

The enemy suits in AGE is badass as heck

It's all original and awesome.

Skye629 2016-02-13 04:25

Anyone know whether the Bandai HD Builder parts are 1/144 or 1/100???

Im looking for thrusters to mount under some armor Gelgoog style

Currently found some of these on Amazon, but the problem is they're all single thrusters, I want them to come in packs/couples like what you see in the Gelgoog/Dom/Sazabi etc under the rear waist/leg armor

If anyone know any other 3rd party thruster/vernier products roughly in that scale that would be great too

Planning on customizing the MG 1/100 I finally picked up for my personal OYW kit (no idea how Im going to do this, this is easily the most ambitious customization project I have in mind through all my Gunpla hobby)

And do anyone know what those metal painting dishes everyone on youtube/in the show seem to use? What are they called so I can get some for my paints (those metal/stainless steel stackable single ones, not a palette/tray)

Skye629 2016-02-15 20:30

Barbatos 6th form will get getting a 1/100 kit

Router25 2016-02-16 00:23

I wonder if they will be releasing an official MG for IBO mains. (since high res is not viable as an MG)

wavehawk 2016-02-16 02:45

Probably not until much later. And if so, they'll have to make them really special--I'd expect an MG Barbatos to be at least as detailed as the MG Jesta ( fully posable hands, highly detailed inner frame, etc).

Router25 2016-02-16 02:51

plus mace and all the form parts (but knowing bandai, they might separate forms 4 and 6)

Fireminer 2016-02-16 11:21

Does anyone know what does this mean?

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/163966/

Skye629 2016-02-16 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireminer (Post 5780685)
Does anyone know what does this mean?

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/163966/

Limited edition release

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2016/0...nverge_15.html

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-02-17 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5778054)
Im looking for thrusters to mount under some armor Gelgoog style

Currently found some of these on Amazon, but the problem is they're all single thrusters, I want them to come in packs/couples like what you see in the Gelgoog/Dom/Sazabi etc under the rear waist/leg armor

If anyone know any other 3rd party thruster/vernier products roughly in that scale that would be great too.

Sorry Skye, so far, I only found 3rd party releases of single thrusters. Maybe if you wait a bit more, they’ll eventually release it. Or maybe someone else has more scoop of other products that I didn't know?

Also, anybody has any opinion on MG Freedom 2.0 form what we’ve seen so far? I admit, I’m actually pretty mixed about it when it turns out to be a stylized version of Freedom (like the Metal Builds) instead of a highly-improved but faithful rendition of it. On one hand, I’m glad that we got a “cooler” MG Freedom that’s not from a 3rd party product. On the other hand, my hope for faithful Freedom for MG 2.0 was pretty much dashed. The main point of my contention is how different the Balaena plasma cannons become from the original design. It has some spike/wing thingy and has some additional flat tips now to increase the length. I mean, it’s not a bad design by itself, but I think the flat tips kind ruined Freedom’s plasma cannon design that I know and love. The rifle & shield also looks different now.

All in all, this Freedom 2.0 will sit (or stand) comfortably among the GAT-X MGs which are gorgeous by themselves, but also quite a departure from their original designs. I will certainly buy it but it also certainly won’t replace my MG Freedom 1.0 as a more faithful kit. This is also why I still keep my beloved 1/100 Blitz even though I already have the MG. It’s because I value a kit that’s more faithful to the original Blitz design. I assume if Bandai will release MG Justice in the future, it will also be a stylized design of the original (like the RG). If that happens, it will certainly make the rather-faithful RD Justice looks even more tempting to me.

Skye629 2016-02-17 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5781136)
Sorry Skye, so far, I only found 3rd party releases of single thrusters. Maybe if you wait a bit more, they’ll eventually release it. Or maybe someone else has more scoop of other products that I didn't know?

Also, anybody has any opinion on MG Freedom 2.0 form what we’ve seen so far? I admit, I’m actually pretty mixed about it when it turns out to be a stylized version of Freedom (like the Metal Builds) instead of a highly-improved but faithful rendition of it. On one hand, I’m glad that we got a “cooler” MG Freedom that’s not from a 3rd party product. On the other hand, my hope for faithful Freedom for MG 2.0 was pretty much dashed. The main point of my contention is how different the Balaena plasma cannons become from the original design. It has some spike/wing thingy and has some additional flat tips now to increase the length. I mean, it’s not a bad design by itself, but I think the flat tips kind ruined Freedom’s plasma cannon design that I know and love. The rifle & shield also looks different now.

All in all, this Freedom 2.0 will sit (or stand) comfortably among the GAT-X MGs which are gorgeous by themselves, but also quite a departure from their original designs. I will certainly buy it but it also certainly won’t replace my MG Freedom 1.0 as a more faithful kit. This is also why I still keep my beloved 1/100 Blitz even though I already have the MG. It’s because I value a kit that’s more faithful to the original Blitz design. I assume if Bandai will release MG Justice in the future, it will also be a stylized design of the original (like the RG). If that happens, it will certainly make the rather-faithful RD Justice looks even more tempting to me.

Darn :/, Ill guess Ill just wait and hope that Bandai releases some builder parts in 1/100 for those eventually, I dont think I have the skills/patience/will to try to build those on my own (at least the mounting part) out of pla-plate. Another option I realized I had was cannibalizing an older 1/100 kit for the parts I need, though the thought of wasting the rest of the kit/leaving it incomplete is somewhat distasteful

My opinion on the 2.0 Freedom? I like the stylized look overall. IMO they overdid it a bit on the additions to the wing cannons, but worse case I can probably sand down/remove the wings/fins if I want to. Loving the changes to the shield/rifle, small aesthetic changes that goes a long way in making them look much more mean/cool/standout. And just going by older 2.0's and the SEED RM MG lineup, it will be a superb kit, its just gonna come down to personal aesthetic tastes

Overall I prefer the modern/stylized looks over lineart/anime accuracy (barring newer animated renditions such as those in the SEED Remaster, which are more modern depictions).

As for the Justice.....I think its high time it gets a MG kit at all, idc if its stylized like the 2.0 or made to be more anime accurate

Bonta Kun 2016-02-18 18:45

I'll be picking up the Freedom 2.0, always had a need to get a Freedom kit but never did so new one will be perfect.

Still waiting on my PG Sinanju!

Faux Mecha 2016-02-25 05:33

so is the Gundam Astaroth kit a normal retail release? not some exclusive?
that 29th demon hits me in the right spots for some reason.

Router25 2016-02-25 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5787141)
so is the Gundam Astaroth kit a normal retail release? not some exclusive?
that 29th demon hits me in the right spots for some reason.

doubling that up and using the rebake back arms would feel like a true monster.

wavehawk 2016-02-27 04:20

I don't want a Grimgerde
I don't want a Grimgerde
I don't want a Grimgerde
I don't want a Grimgerde
I don't want a Grim---
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Oh !@#$%!@#%#$%!!!

Router25 2016-02-27 09:36

called it. Form 6 has mace, but no gun