AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Rey Za Burrel 2008-04-06 21:21

so what about this
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o/DSCF0696.jpg
I havent paint any of my kits yet , since my local shops dun have any paint for model kit :frustrated: , and I dun have any credit cards or pay pals acc to go shopping OL :(

Astrana 2008-04-06 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey Za Burrel (Post 1515548)
so what about this
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o/DSCF0696.jpg
I havent paint any of my kits yet , since my local shops dun have any paint for model kit :frustrated: , and I dun have any credit cards or pay pals acc to go shopping OL :(

check hobby supply shop, where i am at, toy shop sells gundam, hobby shop sells all the tools

StratoSpear 2008-04-07 00:26

HG Gundam Throne Zwei: The Summary

My lil' bro got himself a Throne Zwei for his birthday(And I don't!).:(

-Head (Pretty small... Like the Eins, only w/o the "horn", it's smaller than Dynames' head!)

-Torso (Like the Eins, only w/o the uber GN Launcher backpack. Instead it's replaced w/ something even smaller)

-GN Fangs (Go ahead and scream "FANGU!", the Fangs won't listen... Why? Cause they CAN'T move... They are molded into the skirt armor.):twitch:

-GN Buster Sword (A nerfed Zankatou... I dunno why but I can't seem to get both of Zwei's hands to hold it properly. Yet again, beamless beam sword)

-GN Hand Gun (Looks cool from every angle... Guess what, they used REAL wires for the cable thingy which is to be plugged in the Eins.):heh:

OverAll- Fair: The Zwei has cool looks and cool weapons... However, due to the oversized skirt armor, mobility is severely hampered. My second Throne and yet.... NO RED PLASTIC BEAM!!!!:frustrated:

Astrana 2008-04-07 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 1515906)
My lil' bro got himself a Throne Zwei for his birthday(And I don't!).:(

-Head (Pretty small... Like the Eins, only w/o the "horn", it's smaller than Dynames' head!)

-Torso (Like the Eins, only w/o the uber GN Launcher backpack. Instead it's replaced w/ something even smaller)

-GN Fangs (Go ahead and scream "FANGU!", the Fangs won't listen... Why? Cause they CAN'T move... They are molded into the skirt armor.):twitch:

-GN Buster Sword (A nerfed Zankatou... I dunno why but I can't seem to get both of Zwei's hands to hold it properly. Yet again, beamless beam sword)

-GN Hand Gun (Looks cool from every angle... Guess what, they used REAL wires for the cable thingy which is to be plugged in the Eins.):heh:

OverAll- Fair: The Zwei has cool looks and cool weapons... However, due to the oversized skirt armor, mobility is severely hampered. My second Throne and yet.... NO RED PLASTIC BEAM!!!!:frustrated:

ya, I was upset too, more about the quality of this HG. color it self is already not that great, and the skirt part was really gay, I painted mine with spray can, glad i had the color. can't wait till Drei /sarcasm

StratoSpear 2008-04-07 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1515917)
ya, I was upset too, more about the quality of this HG. color it self is already not that great, and the skirt part was really gay, I painted mine with spray can, glad i had the color. can't wait till Drei /sarcasm

Looks like both of us have the Eins and Zwei, lol! Nice docking... but the Ein's GN Rifle needs to be aligned properly.

PS: I didn't spray the Zwei... Coz it's not mine. It's my lil bro's. Worse yet, I never sprayed any of my models... That's why I don't dare to post their pictures here in the Forums:upset:

Astrana 2008-04-07 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 1515931)
Looks like both of us have the Eins and Zwei, lol! Nice docking... but the Ein's GN Rifle needs to be aligned properly.

PS: I didn't spray the Zwei... Coz it's not mine. It's my lil bro's. Worse yet, I never sprayed any of my models... That's why I don't dare to post their pictures here in the Forums:upset:

the official website shows Drei firing the cannon  and Zwei connecting the cable. ya i had problems  docking them together.

PS: Post ur collections !!! i sprayed an entire ki t once and didnt turn out too well, never finished  it also cuz I ran out of paint (so does the store  lol) Now I only adds color when necessary, mostly  HGs, MGs is OBB for me :heh::heh:

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-07 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1514680)
i have a question about painting the eyes, whats a good color for them? preferably tamiya or model masters stuff cuz thats what my local hobby place has :D

help please :D

Shiro-Oh! 2008-04-07 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1516046)
help please :D

For HG 1/144s, it's really hard to see the eyes even you paint them(sometimes, you can't even see them at all), so what I do is cut the eye sticker at the right size and put them at the right place.

As for MG 1/100s, they always come with clear parts for the eyes and main cameras, so they're a lot easier to deal with than the 1/144s.

@ Astrana: I like how your Zwei turned out. ;) It's actually giving me a second thought about buying this kit.

LightningZERO 2008-04-07 06:29

Got my first HGUC, Nu Gundam. I'm really impressed with it. The detail between the joints are nice and it has nice posebility too. Too bad no Funnel effects part :D. I can't wait to get my hands on Sazabi to have an Amuro VS Char fight!

GameraBaenre 2008-04-07 13:09

Not sure if there is an interest.. but I'll continue posting :D
Here's my weekend update on the hguc nu I've been working on.

I did a quick assembly of most of the parts for a primed vs snapped comparison picture:

Next up, I found the back of the knee cables a little bland, so using some magnet wire, I wrapped around them creating some springs. Hopefully this will look good when I finish painting this part.

Initial base color for the white parts were painted on, I used Intermediate Blue from Mr Color.

Finisher's Pure White was then sprayed on using the intermediate blue as a preshade color:

Closer comparison pictures

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-07 13:12

^ very nice definitely cant wait to see the final result, GameraBaenre, always brings greatness haha

duotiga 2008-04-07 18:10

MG Force Impulse sneak pix

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6835/impulsevv5.jpg

Spitfire 2008-04-07 18:24

Not too fond of the MG Impulse design. It just seems...off. The rifle looks to small, and the legs look awkward.

philmein 2008-04-07 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1517726)

That is badass....
Although I'm not at all an Impulse fan, the design and how it turned out is very sexy.

Critias 2008-04-07 20:07

Looks to be a solid kit, the folding Force Silhouette pack is a plus for me :D

DarkWarrior 2008-04-07 21:11

Impulse is looking good.

.. but someone please tell me that it comes with a display stand.

beamknight87 2008-04-07 21:25

Strike copypasta isn't appealing to me. Definitely not. Still waiting for upcoming images of Shin Musha which is the real must get for me

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-07 22:09

Impulse looks really nice idk about a must buy for me but I think it definitely looks really nice

Astrana 2008-04-07 22:50

I like the sword sillouet better, probably get MG Musha instead of this. from the game pics Musha is very detailed with all the armor, I wonder how it wold turn out for MG. Hope it doesnt require to add much color

EXEs 2008-04-08 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1517726)

Oh wow, even though I don't like Seed Destiny, I must say, their mobile suits look very good. Sort of want.