AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93019)

Solace 2010-04-14 13:19

Angel Beats! - Novel Discussion

Welcome to the Angel Beats! Novel Discussion thread.

Here's a quick blurb from Wikipedia about the Angel Beats! Novels:
Quote:

A series of seven illustrated short stories written by Jun Maeda and drawn by GotoP entitled Angel Beats! Track Zero were serialized between the November 2009 and May 2010 issues of ASCII Media Works's Dengeki G's Magazine.[10] The main character of the stories is Hinata, and is a prequel to Angel Beats!, which tells the story of how the SSS was formed. A special extra chapter focusing on Girls Dead Monster was published in the sixth volume of Dengeki G's Festival! Deluxe on March 29, 2010. The chapter titles for the stories are taken from song titles from various musical artists. The first chapter, "Two Person Rocket" (二人のロケット, Futari no Rocket?), was posed online with illustrations by ASCII Media Works.[11]

descent87 2010-04-14 21:21

And here is the link to Chapter one: http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/0...ocket-for-two/

Much thanks to subsmith, hopefully someone will do the rest. Its pretty funny, and I actually like Yuri and Hinata's interaction alot. Its great getting to know more about the guy. A very funny and yet intriguing first chapter a microcosm of the show itself in some ways.

Spoiler for Just more thoughts:

prnoct90 2010-04-20 06:39

Someone is translating the rest of the chapters and posting them here. They have 2 and 3 so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/angelbeatstrackzero

descent87 2010-04-20 13:04

These are awesome thank you! I will have to email him thanks as well.

Man these chapters keep getting better. The double translations makes certain passages a tad confusing but its interesting to see how it all started. Yuri is getting on my nerves more and more, Tenshi gets more interesting as a character, and I have a lot more respect for Hinata now, cool guy.

Eleutheria 2010-05-03 03:11

Just finished reading all seven chapters (and will start on the Girls Dead Monster one next) - being trilingual has its advantages :P

Notes:
Spoiler:

Ice Block 2010-05-03 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleutheria (Post 3032389)
Notes:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for speculation:

prnoct90 2010-05-03 09:57

Quote:

Just finished reading all seven chapters (and will start on the Girls Dead Monster one next) - being trilingual has its advantages :P

Notes:
Spoiler:

Wait, what Girl's Dead Monster one?

icyhandofcrap 2010-05-03 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by prnoct90 (Post 3032714)
Wait, what Girl's Dead Monster one?

There's an extra Girls Dead Monster light novel chapter as well as the other 6 chapters of the prequel.

risingstar3110 2010-05-03 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Block (Post 3032677)
Spoiler for speculation:

Didn't read pass ch 4 yet.

But if your speculation is right, the future Tenshi(s) would be awesome then. Just image how the order would then be kept in this school with that pair :heh:

Eleutheria 2010-05-03 12:59

Oh yes, and

Spoiler:

I only skimmed the Girl Dead Monster chapter, I think it was mostly fluff with little relevance to the main plot.

Key Board 2010-05-03 22:44

a few things I got from reading the novels

Spoiler:

prnoct90 2010-05-04 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyhandofcrap (Post 3032753)
There's an extra Girls Dead Monster light novel chapter as well as the other 6 chapters of the prequel.

Okay, but which magazine, and what volume? I've been collecting all the Denki G's with the novel in it. But, I've never heard anything about the Girls Dead Monster chapter.

Marcus H. 2010-05-04 03:01

Oh, thanks for the links for the translated novel chapters. Looking forward to the rest of Track Zero.

http://angelbeats.wikia.com

TadloS 2010-05-04 16:54

Oh, so novel is being translated. Gonna definitely read it sometime soon.

Leo Keichi 2010-05-05 09:55

I've read the first four chapters. Hm, as time goes by, I'm starting to sympathize with Tenshi more and more.

Quote:

Oh, the envy. But I'll get there someday as well, I hope.

Kanon 2010-05-06 12:50

Just caught up with the latest translated chapter (4). So Chaa is actually a high schooler too, I thought he was way older than the others :heh:

It's interesting to see how the SSS was founded. These chapters certainly didn't change my mind about Yuri, she acts too much like a bitch for my tastes. Though I can see she's got some good sides to her. She and Hinata sure jumped to conclusions fast about Kanade, but it's good to see they actually tried to communicate with her at first, I'm curious to see how that discussion in her room will turn out. I wish I could sniff Tenshi's pajamas... What am I saying? That part was a bit weird.

dark998 2010-05-07 03:08

I want to see Kanade in her pajamas...

maplehurry 2010-05-08 22:15

Couldn't get to there for some reason.. :s

Knightrunner 2010-05-10 04:33

Same here, I read all the chapters and she definetly sounds almost like haruhi. In the anime though I get a different vibe from her though like she became nicer or something. She still carrry that same resentment but I didn't think she was that extreme before.

Klashikari 2010-05-10 05:27

The most logical conclusion to this is that Yuri was still boiling down after what happened before she died.
Being all alone for years most likely jaded her before dying, then hanging around with "comrades" warmed her up.

The evident part is that her resentment is vastly toned down, like in the novel, she is quite angry like half of the time when a touchy subject is brought to the table. The fact she wasn't really fancying random stuff in the novel indicates clearly she was quite obsessed in finding a lead and beating "something to pulp".

I wouldn't be surprised if her development in the novel will lead by the end of it, her current state of mind in the anime. (Fun fact is that, if the whole "Tenshi is human" popped right in the novel, she would definitely go panzer, unlike in her anime period).