AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sword Art Online (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Sword Art Online is Licensed by Aniplex USA (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115418)

CrowKenobi 2012-10-12 12:15

Sword Art Online is Licensed by Aniplex USA

Aniplex USA Adds Sword Art Online, Blast of Tempest, Magi Anime

Use this thread to discuss all aspects of Aniplex USA's license of Sword Art Online including your expectations of the eventual home video release.

Dark Paladin X 2012-10-12 13:33

A English dub release of Sword Art Online AND being aired on Toonami. I'll be extremely pissed if SAO is released sub-only (like what happened to Bakemonogatari). On the other hand, I could give Aniplex some redeeming qualities for releasing their sub-only releases with dubs (like Blue Exorcist).

Here is a dub cast I have thought up (will change my ideas a little latter):

Kirito: Todd Haberkorn
Asuna: Cristina Vee
Klein: Troy Baker
Silica: Sandy Fox, PERFECT LOLI VOICE!
Agil: Travis Willingham
Lisbeth: Laura Bailey
Sachi: Stephanie Sheh
Yui: Stephanie Sheh
Heathcliff: Liam O'Brien
Kuradeel: Keith Silverstein

Lyfa: Cassandra Lee
Sugou Nobuyuki: J. Michael Tatum

Kenju of the Right 2012-10-12 13:36

Well...that didn't take long

GDB 2012-10-12 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X (Post 4393187)
Kirito: Todd Haberkorn

God no. So tired of this guy. He's ruined every character he's touched (out of the series I've seen) except Ling Yao. He seems to have one voice, and uses it for characters that said voice should never be used with.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he's part of the Funimation/Sentai VA group (Texas based). Aniplex I believe uses Bang Zoom, a California based group.

Solafighter 2012-10-12 14:11

What im most curious about is, if this is good or bad.

Could we expect a maybe more stable chance to get a 2nd season?

relentlessflame 2012-10-12 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 4393234)
What im most curious about is, if this is good or bad.

Could we expect a maybe more stable chance to get a 2nd season?

I think it probably won't have much influence as far as future seasons go, as North America isn't really that big of an anime market these days. But I think it does make sense or them to distribute the show here, of course. A second season will probably be driven more by sales in Japan, but I'd have to suppose already that it seems pretty likely.

bhl88 2012-10-12 14:18

Expected price: $150-$250

Dark Paladin X 2012-10-12 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4393197)
God no. So tired of this guy. He's ruined every character he's touched (out of the series I've seen) except Ling Yao. He seems to have one voice, and uses it for characters that said voice should never be used with.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he's part of the Funimation/Sentai VA group (Texas based). Aniplex I believe uses Bang Zoom, a California based group.

Actually, Todd had recently moved to Los Angeles and did a few LA based works (like Street Fighter IV is an example). Heck, he even voices a character in the Nura dub (under an alias of Todd Stone for some reason).

Znail 2012-10-12 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4393242)
I think it probably won't have much influence as far as future seasons go, as North America isn't really that big of an anime market these days. But I think it does make sense or them to distribute the show here, of course. A second season will probably be driven more by sales in Japan, but I'd have to suppose already that it seems pretty likely.

I would even go as far as to say that this has no impact at all when it comes to deciding if there will be a second season or not. There is no guarantee that they will pay for a second season after all and the licence fee is most likely not large enough to be a significant part of the funds needed for a second season either.

relentlessflame 2012-10-12 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znail (Post 4393375)
I would even go as far as to say that this has no impact at all when it comes to deciding if there will be a second season or not. There is no guarantee that they will pay for a second season after all and the licence fee is most likely not large enough to be a significant part of the funds needed for a second season either.

Well, I think there is no "License Fee", really -- Aniplex USA is licensing the show from Aniplex Japan, and they're both 100% the same company. We call it licensing because it's the term most people know, but it's just basically to say "Aniplex has decided to release the show themselves". It's just a small additional revenue source for Aniplex, but yes -- emphasis on small.

sky black swordman 2012-10-12 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4393197)

Well IMO I thought he did a good job on D Gray Man's MC Allen Walker.
And on Ling Yao he did great job.

If not him who would have to kirito's voice ?

Spoiler for Some of my picks for Kirito's VA:

Master_Yoma 2012-10-12 21:26

Well it cool it got license but it need to be some one that wasnt so expensive to get

Knowledgeseeker01 2012-10-12 22:06

It is great it got licensed, but I doubt the price is going to be reasonable.

orpheus2 2012-10-12 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky black swordman (Post 4393512)

I would prefer your second choice but I don't mind your first.

Dark Paladin X 2012-10-13 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky black swordman (Post 4393512)
Well IMO I thought he did a good job on D Gray Man's MC Allen Walker.
And on Ling Yao he did great job.

All of them are good options. The first have a relatively wide vocal range, the second is quite capable of voicing younger characters other than his usual hot=blooded and hammy heroes, the third choice is his typecast forte. However, there is an option that I did considered for Kirito. He fills in the shoes of the third option's typecast since the said third option is now a union member:

Spoiler for My second alternative to Todd Haberkorn for Kirito dub VA:

ronelm2000 2012-10-13 02:00

Other discussions...

Vee as Asuna...? I guess that could work.

Dark Paladin X 2012-10-13 16:19

Anyone want to comment on my VA choices on Silica and Klein for the possible dub:

Klein: Troy Baker
Silica: Sandy Fox

Those choices are based on their roles as Kanji from Persona 4 (Troy Baker) and Marona from Phantom Brave (Sandy Fox).

shadow1296 2012-10-13 18:05

my picks on dub actors
kirito: Yuri lowenthal for now
Asuna: Laura Bailey
Heathcliff: Crispin Freeman
Klein: Travis Willingham

SuperYerison 2012-10-24 20:49

Well I Saw This Video On Youtube And I'm Not Sure If Its Fan Dubbed Or Not But I Think They Did A Really Good Job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4J8mVUhd80

Arturia Polaris 2012-10-25 05:31

Well.... that's kind of expected. I just hope they do a good job. I'm sticking to my subs, thank you!

Arty