AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny General Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48636)

_X12A_Testament 2007-06-19 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 1002122)
That's going to depend on how financially viable another show would be and how successful Gundam 00 is. Bandai isn't going to say no to heaps of money, so they might well decide to make another Cosmic Era show regardless of any other factors.

Yeah, its premature to decide the fate of C.E. until after the movie because even though there is another AU around now, a break at this point will only help C.E. universe and their fans to renew interest when the movie comes around (and forget some things :heh:).

Shounen 2007-06-19 21:37

GSD Specials 1-4, is a re-telling of Destiny (Should be watched by those who havn't seen the original serie, or those who wants some more glimps of that none seen footage)
Stargazer is an in between telling (for GSD only)
And as I've heard there is a schedule for a 3rd series late 2008.

4Tran 2007-06-19 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shounen (Post 1002134)

You heard wrong. There's been absolutely no noise from Bandai of a third Cosmic Era series. What you might be referring to is the Seed movie that they're making, but no date has been given for the theatrical release.

carmolita 2007-06-19 22:07

I agree I haven't heard anything about a 3rd series only a movie, but one is done after every. Seed series from the looks of things. I think this is bandi way of testing the market, but depending on how the movie ends-will give us an idea of what's on the table. Because if they kill off any of the 4 main characters I don't think seed will survive a third series.

wingdarkness 2007-06-19 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shounen (Post 1002134)
GSD Specials 1-4, is a re-telling of Destiny (Should be watched by those who havn't seen the original serie, or those who wants some more glimps of that none seen footage)
Stargazer is an in between telling (for GSD only)

The next series you've heard of will most likely be for the 30th anniversary of Gundam (which definatley won't be C.E.)...It's been speculated that Gundam Unicorn might be "the series" after the current Gundam 00 effort...

brightman 2007-06-19 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness (Post 1002191)
The next series you've heard of will most likely be for the 30th anniversary of Gundam (which definatley won't be C.E.)...It's been speculated that Gundam Unicorn might be "the series" after the current Gundam 00 effort...

According to the Bandai President, Gundam UC is unsuitable for TV broadcast, but he did not rule out an anime adaptation depending on the novel's performance... So we might see an OVA or movie.

IMO depending on how 00 fares, we either get a Seed follow-up or a 00 follow-up in 2009. If 00 is a total disaster and Seed's popularity remains high during the show's broadcast (similar to how it was with Wing and X), then a Seed series might get made... If 00 is even remotely successful, it'll be a 00 sequel. I highly doubt both will be made at the same time, and I doubt they will air different series consecutively either (they learned their lesson with X)

carmolita 2007-06-19 23:53

Which gundam. Series had the most episodes?

rpgman1 2007-06-20 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmolita (Post 1002297)
Which gundam. Series had the most episodes?

Check www.mahq.net and you'll see which gundam series have the most episodes.

D-KLAC 2007-06-20 01:03

gs series will never end!!!

i'm really getting extremely really need a gs season 3 & i really wished it happen.

Nekonron 2007-06-20 02:10

I'm a pretty big fan of Seed and although I love Destiny as well, I must admit it lacks of originality and focus *cough*shinn*cough* and is more towards fanservice.

Yes I love how the almighty SF, IJ and Akatsuki help them won the war without (almost) a single scratch, but it was at the same time disappointing that they were so overpowered.

But I am looking forward to the movie, didn't know there was one coming out until today. I must say it was a pleasant surprise for me :D

carmolita 2007-06-20 22:41

What happend to sigh (kira best friend) from gundam seed?? There is no sign of him in destiny.?.:

wingdarkness 2007-06-20 22:50

^LMAO...Who Tolle?? (Best known for you got Tolle'd xD)

Or perhaps you're being coy and are referring to Athrun??

Kuzzy?? Sai?? Torii?? Who could you be speaking of??

carmolita 2007-06-20 22:55

Sigh is the one with the glasses who was engaged to flay...

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2007-06-20 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness (Post 1003919)
^LMAO...Who Tolle?? (Best known for you got Tolle'd)

Or perhaps you're being coy and are referring to Athrun??

Kuzzy?? Sai?? Torii?? Who could you be speaking of??

That would be Sai he refered to...

Though I am not sure "best friend" is the word to use. He is a friend, sure, but "best" goes to Athrun. And things hadn't been pleasant between them ever since Kira stole his fiance and nearly broke his arm.

When it all comes down to it, Sai ran out of reason to stay with the team when Fllay died. His friendship with the group was shaky to begin with at the end of SEED, and has no military nor political connections with the bigwigs in the story.

wingdarkness 2007-06-21 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmolita (Post 1003932)
Sigh is the one with the glasses who was engaged to flay...

:p...

You spelled it "Sigh" instead of "Sai" so I thought you were sighing from not knowing...

Nekonron 2007-06-21 00:18

He does seem to be the only living crew that didn't return to the archangel... or did I miss anyone else as well lol

D-KLAC 2007-06-21 00:31

well here the gs characters that return for gsd

kira
lacus
athrun
cagalli

murrue
mu
andy
miriallia
dearka
yzak
3 archangel crew member (neumann, chandra, & murdoch)
dacosta
kisaka (rambo look alike)
erica simmons
reverend malchio
caridad yamato (kira's adoptive mother/aunt)

that is 18 (if you include rau as a ghost that 19)

D a m i e n 2007-06-21 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-KLAC (Post 1002391)
i'm really getting extremely really need a gs season 3 & i really wished it happen.

grammar : "hello, my name is grammar nice to meet you."
D-KLAC : "huh? wait... what? i nevar hered uv you."
grammar : "yeah, i figured."

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2007-06-21 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekonron (Post 1004077)
He does seem to be the only living crew that didn't return to the archangel... or did I miss anyone else as well lol

Out of the original Archangel crew who were genuine military staff rather than students dragged along for the ride, only one guy didn't come back while alive. I don't remember his name, but he wasn't that important and only functioned as a fill-in in SEED.

Sai really had no reason to come back; everyone else has story elements connecting them to the ship, but he was simply "the guy who lost his girlfriend". Script-wise he would be dead-weight to have around.

overthere! 2007-06-21 23:45

There's absolutely no point in having Sai around after Flay died. They never ever showed Sai in GSD once (correct me if i'm wrong). That makes me wonder if he was hated by Flay fanboys.