AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Total Eclipse (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Total Eclipse - General Anime Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105004)

Tyabann 2011-06-17 19:27

Total Eclipse - General Anime Discussion

There's a MuvLuv Alternative Total Eclipse anime in the works.

Asuras 2011-06-19 21:10

Oh my jesus! :eek:

I loved Muv Luv Alternative, but never played Total Eclipse (would if I could find it translated! :heh:). This is great news!

Reckoner 2011-06-19 22:46

Damnit though. Shouldn't they animate muv-luv and muv-luv alternative before doing that?

Von Himmel 2011-06-20 01:44

It is said that it's not officially announced yet, right? At least there's hope that it will be animated, and I'm happy with that :p
Especially after what happened during alternative translation patch, I thought that I won't be able to see another muvluv in english :heh:

Mizuno 2011-06-20 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 3659288)
Damnit though. Shouldn't they animate muv-luv and muv-luv alternative before doing that?

I concur. Muv-luv Alternative is probably the strongest out of the series. Would have been an awesome anime.

Crimrui 2011-06-20 15:48

Naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

I'll be able to see those glorious mechas in animated glory! Damn, I'm pretty excited, but... they shouldn't have did the Alternative first. I really wanted to see Meiya kicking ass in Takemikazuchi. Oh well, at least I'll see Kriska in all her glory :3

Leo_Otaku 2011-06-20 23:54

I haven't played any of the games. I want to see it for the high scores it receives and see how it plays out. I'm not really much of an age fan, but I'll take a look.

Mizuno 2011-06-21 00:47

The high rating is for Alternative main story though.

MisaoFan 2011-06-21 10:18

The news is actually a rumor because of the Japanese word タレコミ, just like To Love Ru Darkness.

Crimrui 2011-06-21 18:39

Well, rumor or not, if it does happen and if they do it right, we can expect two things in anime adaptation.

This...

and this...

:p

Angrypokstick 2011-06-22 00:30

It make sense for them to not introduce Alternative first. I mean Muv luv main story is a trilogy. To receive the full experience you had to go through Extra then unlimited and finally alternative. Extra was nothing special by it self as a generaic harem love drama, things only starts going Mecha grim dark to PTSD inducing moments in unlimited and Alternative.

Total eclipse on the other hand, is a side story and quite Mecha heavy in its plot. One does not have to be initiated into the Muvluv universe to fully enjoy the story. Besides if they handle it right, TE will be pretty much MuvLuv: Top Gun. At worst it will just become another Infinite stratos. Either way it will garner sales and interest in the series and hopefully The Muvluv main trilogy will be one day fully animated in its full glory.

Malintex_Terek 2011-06-24 18:25

I'd rather not see a ML/MLA anime because it would be hard to handle properly. The VN already walks a tightrope trying to juggle the massive amounts of character interaction without trying to alienate certain characters from the reader, and it fails often enough. I only need point at the people who "hate" Sumika or "don't care" about Mitsuki/Haruka/Michiru as proof that MLA is highly integrative of experience and exposure to truly appreciate how everything plays out.

So while TE is an easier to work with, it's also...pretty stupid, from what I've read. I've got a bad feeling that no matter how it's adapted, it'll leave a poor impression on the other games.

I'd much rather have Schwarzesmarken adapted, myself.

Tyabann 2011-06-24 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 3665790)
I'd rather not see a ML/MLA anime because it would be hard to handle properly.

Any difficulties in the transition can be mitigated by a studio and a production committee that actually know what they're doing.

Malintex_Terek 2011-06-24 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3665832)
Any difficulties in the transition can be mitigated by a studio and a production committee that actually know what they're doing.

And if they're not - the most likely scenario - we'll have a less than stellar anime on our hands that will leave a poor impression of the franchise, much like KGNE and Tsukihime did for their parent VNs.

For fans of an obscure franchise, sometimes it's better they don't get a lot of exposure...like the poor saps who liked Demonbane.

Tyabann 2011-06-25 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 3665965)
And if they're not - the most likely scenario - we'll have a less than stellar anime on our hands that will leave a poor impression of the franchise, much like KGNE and Tsukihime did for their parent VNs.

Or we could get something like Clannad. Why not be positive for once?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 3665965)
For fans of an obscure franchise, sometimes it's better they don't get a lot of exposure...like the poor saps who liked Demonbane.

You know, MuvLuv really isn't that obscure at all...

Angrypokstick 2011-06-25 12:16

Well it is pretty obscure in the west compared to many other eroge VNs. Sure the games are translated but since the final patch was leaked rather than formaly released ,with the translation group never intending to release the final patch in the first place.

Besides alot pf people are just not willing to play through VN this long. I mean the Trilogy it self takes about 40 to 50 hours to finish, and the first 10 hours is all pretty generic highschool shit before the good stuff starts. though those who finish all 3 will undoubtedly have gotten a VN experience like any other. No other VN i ve read can really compare to the masterpiece that is Muvluv.

Soviet 2011-06-25 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3665832)

The pacing of the story is all kinds of fucked up even without taking Extra and Unlimited into account. The creative talent needed to fix the pacing and make it work as an anime would be better spent on making an original anime or something.

Angrypokstick 2011-07-01 15:24

a guide for those uninitiated or those who wish to learn more about the Muvluv universe.

alos obiviously no anime OP as of yet but have the game OP

Tempester 2011-07-01 16:34

Oh boy. The first anime adaptation of Muv-Luv turns out to be an adaptation of a book which is a spinoff of a sequel of another sequel of a visual novel which has been licensed and probably won't come out in English in a long time. Now, while I have a mild interest in discovering the world of Muv-Luv, there is no decent way for me and other English speakers to read Muv-Luv, and a farfetched spinoff (which is likely chock-full of spoilers) is out of the question.

Sorry, I'll pass on this.

Crimrui 2011-07-01 17:53

While I approve Angrypokstick's post that gives info about Muv-Luv world, it will do more harm then good, like in above post. We don't know how anime will be handled and Total Eclipse might include elements that will explain just enough for you to fallow the story without knowing anything regarding the original Muv-Luv. So let's not confuse people for the time being...