AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Revolutionist 2009-05-21 16:46

I just got an Ahead and Arche in the mail today, and I gotta say they're both good kits but I wasn't very pleased with Arche's lack of eye stickers. Anyone else find this to be a huge turn off like me?

I should've gone with Zwei....

Sir Dearka 2009-05-21 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 2409075)
I just got an Ahead and Arche in the mail today, and I gotta say they're both good kits but I wasn't very pleased with Arche's lack of eye stickers. Anyone else find this to be a huge turn off like me?

Man, I have both kits and Arche is definitely more appealing. Needs less panel-lining and painting to look good... And its design is just exceptionally demonic. I really love it.

Ahead though... looks a bit "monkey-ish" to me :P

Revolutionist 2009-05-21 17:03

The Ahead is an acquired taste lol

Rising Dragon 2009-05-21 17:06

I always said that the Ahead looked like it had birthing hips. Its basically the placement of the limbs that makes it look so unusual.

Sir Dearka 2009-05-21 17:13

I like the Smultron version more than standard for some reason. Maybe it is because of its nice jetpack. I once had an ambition to get all the A-Law units but somehow it just stopped on GNX-III and then I jumped right into collecting all the Innovator suits :]

Next one will be definitelly Hilling's Garazzo and maybe 0 Gundam...

pumpkins 2009-05-21 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 2409075)

imo i think the Zwei required more painting... lots of parts arent in the right colour. There's yellow, black & white on quite a few pieces that needs to be painted.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-05-22 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 2409107)

Yeah, for people who HAVE no taste.:p

Amber.Dawn 2009-05-22 01:55

Anything starts becoming more appealing the more you look at it. I hated the Ahead at first, and now it's just minor annoyance. The Smultron looks cool though, the head looks so much more natural.

Amber.Dawn 2009-05-22 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2409068)
Popular - Social status, the quality of being well-liked or well-known - The mainstream, the quality of being common, well-received, in demand

Amber. Dawn. The store you go to is it online or a local store? Wouldn't mind getting the special pre-order one. :)

I go to the (not so) local store for Gundams. I'm not sure if they have the extra parts package though. Didn't look much into the Red Frame, as I was buying other things at the time.

LoweGear 2009-05-22 06:44

Spoiler for Master Grade Gundam Exia:

Spoiler for HG 1/144 O Gundam ACD and Exia Repair 2:

SonicSP 2009-05-22 06:46

Yeah,I hated the Ahead too at first ,I think because of the blocky design;but I soon grow to loved it as well.And in the anime it was nicely piloted by Ginin.

Hmm...uninterested in Exia MG itself,but that's an interesting diagram of Exia's Drive there especially the color coded parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2410073)
If Tau Drives are powered by electricity, would that mean they give off heat during use?

The Originals don't,but I reckon the Taus do,they're not as efficent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 2410128)
Not just the Tau but the Original drives also give off heat. Whenever there is work being done, which is obviously the case because something is making GN particles, then there is heat given off.

1st law of thermodynamics.

Early in the series info was released saying that the GN-Drives produce no heat,I assume they meant Originals since Taus didn't exist yet by then.Of course as stated a few post back,it could be stored I guess...

makin 2009-05-22 12:40

:)Link->朱雀改 + 四神 (Refined version of Four Symbols Gundams)

LightningZERO 2009-05-22 12:51

I find it funny that we get the white prototype pic of MG Exia while we have already seen the colored version last week :D

fudoushin 2009-05-22 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2411069)
I find it funny that we get the white prototype pic of MG Exia while we have already seen the colored version last week :D

hahah same here. I'm really looking forward to seeing "normal" shots of the full color MG Exia before I decide to jump the gun on pre-ordering it.

GrahamAker 2009-05-22 13:36

did any special kit for gundam plutone exist?

vektar 2009-05-22 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolutionist (Post 2409107)

i agree, i dont like the Ahead at all its ugly to me, but i do like the GNX 3.

Critias 2009-05-22 17:08

Wow. A "refined" version. I kinda liked Phoenix/Vermillion Bird in the oranger colors though.

in regards to that MG Exia pic above, are we gonna be able to build the GN Drive, THEN put it in Exia? That would be a neat gimmick :)

Sir Dearka 2009-05-22 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2411331)
i agree, i dont like the Ahead at all its ugly to me, but i do like the GNX 3.

Same here, same here.

As for MG Exia... I olficially decided to buy it. Too great a model kit to overlook. Next to Dynames and Throne Eins it is my favorite Gundam of the show, designwise.

fertygo 2009-05-22 18:17

Sigh... I'm gonna buy Exia to be my first MG, n i planned buy the IM version of the MG, but i only can get the MG on september, which means i can't get the first batch price.

Guess i'm just waiting for someone review the Normal Version, and see whether the Normal Edition still appealing and worth to buy.

darkstrife 2009-05-23 00:55

after seeing some initial images of the MG exia, i dont see that much of a difference compared to the 1/100 version. i mean the gn drive lights up but seriouly you wont have it always on or u'll be continuously buying batteries for it, the gn sword also has some minor effect parts. apart from that its not too different from the 1/100 version.

in regards to ignition mode, you get a few more conversion kits but since u can only display one form of exia at a time, r u going to srsly change its parts everyday to make it look different? if i was going to get the kit it will def by the normal MG, the price is quite appealing also

but rite now looking forward to building my MG strike freedom full burst :)