AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   International Saimoe League 2011 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100150)

KholdStare 2010-12-31 03:46

International Saimoe League 2011

The International Saimoe League will once again be back in 2011 for its fourth year and we welcome you all to participate. There are some exciting new changes for this year that you can view below, but for the most part, the tournament structure stays the same. Feel free to discuss ISML while waiting for it to start, so here are some questions for those who want their opinions known:
  • Which characters from the Top 16 in 2010 will stay there in 2011?
  • Which characters in 2010 won't be back in ISML Regular Season?
  • Which series will lose popularity, and which will gain popularity?
  • Which character do you want to win the tiara in 2011?
  • What do you think of the new changes?

Remember to participate in ISML in 2011! You can visit us at the link below:

International Saimoe League 2011

♬ the same melody repeats itself...
as the song grows richer and more beautiful ♬
♥ wouldn't it be wonderful if..
we could live seemingly constant lives... ♥
♥ while experiencing little changes bit by bit?

http://kholdstare.ryantoddrogers.com...Logo_2011m.png

• If you want to help us out in running this event, visit us @ #kazeyomi on irc.rizon.net
  • For more information about ISML or characters in Saimoe, please visit the Saimoe Wiki

Survey Exhibition Phase
-A survey will be conducted on January 1 of 2011 that will last at least one week.
-Its purpose is to having a test phase to make sure everything is working correctly.
-Exhibition matches will be included, but you have to complete the survey to gain access.

Nomination Phase
-There will be 12 nomination slots, unchanged from ISML 2010
-You have to nominate at least 4 characters from 3 different series.
-Slots are unweighted, so all of your nominees receive 1 vote each.
-This phase will last for one week, starting from February 2 to February 12 of 2011.

Do Not Nominate
Spoiler:

Preliminary Phase
-A total of 144 characters will participate from other saimoe tournaments of 2010 and the nomination phase.
-The format is very similar to last year's with 3 phases: round robin, single elimination, and group.
-There will also be 3 seeding matches after the qualification phases.
-This phase will last for about five weeks, starting from March 4 to April 5 of 2010.

Round-Robin Phase
-The total contestants in the regular season remains at 50.
-There are no qualifiers directly to the regular season. All 50 contestants come from the Preliminary Phase.
-There will be an Necklace Match at the end of every period to determine the necklace winner.
-Exhibition matches will take place in all 8 days of the period.
-Each character can only win one necklace each year.
-This phase will last for about twenty-four weeks, starting from April 25 and end October 5.

Elimination Phase
-ISML post-season will be switch to a Single Elimination format.
-A Consolation Bracket still exists, so it is possible to get 3rd place when eliminated in the first match.
-Exhibition Matches will still occur, although there are less of them than in ISML 2010 Double Elimination.
-This phase will last for about three weeks, starting from October 31 and end November 16.

Posting Rules

General Rules:
  • Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.
    This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.
  • Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
  • No Image campaigning.
    Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:
  • Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
    Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).
  • No "meta-posting".
    Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.
  • Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
    Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.
  • Do not create image only posts.
    You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images). PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images.

Marcus H. 2010-12-31 07:19

KHoldStare, you should also add links to the Wikia site of Saimoe.

Spoiler for safety:

Ash Falls Town 2010-12-31 07:46

Well looking forward to preliminaries.
Maybe this year I'll also be able to join everyone in the Round Robin stage as well.

Also this years motto is from Kanon.

Spoiler for :

Kotohono 2010-12-31 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3416185)
KHoldStare, you should also add links to the Wikia site of Saimoe.

Spoiler for safety:

Not sure, but I think Saten was qualified from J-Saimoe, though why they chose to mention her and no1 else I couldn't say :heh:.

Also I am happy about the no auto getting into the Round-Robin Phase, since a few characters did who shouldn't have last year by the support they had.

Ithekro 2010-12-31 14:18

Probably to see if people follow instructions. They didn't last year when they kept nominating Misaka even though she was already in (actually people nominated Hinagiku even though we'd won the previous year and was in with no questions asked).

Eater of All 2010-12-31 14:50

Here's to hoping for another fun, violent, depressing, and generally RAGE-inducing year of ISML. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 3416535)
Also I am happy about the no auto getting into the Round-Robin Phase, since a few characters did who shouldn't have last year by the support they had.

It was fun seeing Nodoka suffer, but yeah poor Mihoko. :(

I'm curious if 2011 will finally achieve every contestant having at least one win. There shouldn't be anymore outliers with a guaranteed 0-49 if everyone has to pass the prelims.

Zeroryoko1974 2010-12-31 15:40

I nominate Saten Ruiko, am I doin it rite?:heh:

KholdStare 2010-12-31 16:05

Yeah, I didn't clarify, but the characters in the Do Not Nominate table are already qualified into prelims, so if you nominate them then that's just one waste of a slot. :P You can look at the table to know where the characters were qualified too. For example, Nagi and Maria qualified through ISML 2010 and AST 2010.

And yeah, I'll add the wiki saimoe link in case anyone is curious.

Zeroryoko1974 2010-12-31 16:17

Between Best Moe/Super Best Moe, ISML, Japan Saimoe there is practically moe tournaments year round. my top 5 favorites for this year
Azu-nyan
Mio
Yuki Nagato
Tenshi
Kuroneko

KholdStare 2010-12-31 18:47

Okay my bad. I just realized that the image I linked didn't show up, so it looked like I was only mentioning Saten-san. Look under the spoiler again, and you should see all of them. :P

Also, the survey will be posted soon (January 1st 1500 GMT) and it will be up for a week, so please participate!

Kotohono 2011-01-01 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 3416792)
Okay my bad. I just realized that the image I linked didn't show up, so it looked like I was only mentioning Saten-san. Look under the spoiler again, and you should see all of them. :P

Looking at that list will be making my nominations a bit easier to decide than I had thought before :heh:.

Crisu 2011-01-01 11:42

Survey is now online. Sorry for the delay. We'll have it open for one week. After answering the questions, you can vote in the special exhibition matches we have set up (as your reward). :)

The site has just rolled over to 2011 data, so some links may still be broken or buggy; I'm working them all out today.

exec 2011-01-01 12:01

ARENA 01: [Ika-Musume, Yui] Index Prohibitorum, Hirasawa Yui
ARENA 02: Gokō Ruri, Kiriya Nozomi [Sengoku Nadeko, Holo]
ARENA 03: [Kōsaka Kirino, Yamada Aoi] Hiiragi Kagami, Shiina Minatsu
ARENA 04: [Tachibana Kanade, Elsea de Lute Irma] Sakagami Tomoyo, Illyasviel von Einzbern

broken270 2011-01-01 12:13

Ika-Musume, Yui
Gokō Ruri, Kiriya Nozomi
Kōsaka Kirino, Yamada Aoi
Tachibana Kanade, Elsea de Lute Irma

RJ TAYLER 2011-01-01 12:40

Testing 1,2,3 London Calling etc... these are the votes of the Australian Jury
ARENA 01: Ika-Musume, Yui [[Index Prohibitorum, Hirasawa Yui]]
ARENA 02: Gokō Ruri, Kiriya Nozomi [[Sengoku Nadeko, Holo]]
ARENA 03: Kōsaka Kirino, Yamada Aoi [[Hiiragi Kagami, Shiina Minatsu]]
ARENA 04: Tachibana Kanade, Elsea de Lute Irma [[Sakagami Tomoyo, Illyasviel von Einzbern]]

The Chaos 2011-01-01 12:53

ARENA 01: Ika-Musume, Yui [Index Prohibitorum, Hirasawa Yui]
ARENA 04: [Tachibana Kanade, Elsea de Lute Irma] Sakagami Tomoyo, Illyasviel von Einzbern

hinakatbklyn 2011-01-01 13:26

ARENA 03: Kōsaka Kirino, Yamada Aoi [Hiiragi Kagami, Shiina Minatsu]

KholdStare 2011-01-01 14:37

This may be easy to spot, but if your votes are more to the left side, then you are more receptive to new characters. If your votes are more to the right side, then you favor veteran contestants.

Kotohono 2011-01-01 16:09

ARENA 01: [Ika-Musume, Yui] Index Prohibitorum, Hirasawa Yui I haven't see Ika, but I prefer Yui [AB] to Index or Yui by a wide margin.
ARENA 02: [Gokō Ruri, Kiriya Nozomi] Sengoku Nadeko, Holo This was a really really tough pick :heh:.
ARENA 03: Kōsaka Kirino, Yamada Aoi [Hiiragi Kagami, Shiina Minatsu] Not as tough.
ARENA 04: Tachibana Kanade, Elsea de Lute Irma [Sakagami Tomoyo, Illyasviel von Einzbern] Seeing as I am not a fan of Kanade at all my voting was certain here >.>.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 3417909)
This may be easy to spot, but if your votes are more to the left side, then you are more receptive to new characters. If your votes are more to the right side, then you favor veteran contestants.

Guess I am split somewhere on that then.

Eater of All 2011-01-01 16:09

ARENA 02: [Gokō Ruri, Kiriya Nozomi] Sengoku Nadeko, Holo

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 3417909)

Oops, busted. :(