AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Chapter 507 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96875)

james0246 2010-08-25 02:19

[Manga] Chapter 507 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Spoiler out...

Quote:

-Kisame and Gai fight.

-Gai’s technique, “Tiger Noon”, is pure taijutsu, so Kisame cannot absorb the technique. Consequently, it completely dominates Kisame’s technique. Yamato and Naruto, arriving at the end of the encounter, are shocked by the power of Gai’s technique.

-Gai defeats Kisame.

-The other Konoha-nin jumps in to begin interrogating Kisame. Kisame slips into a flashback (or the other Konoha-nin uses a Yamanaka technique to investigate Kisame’s mind).

-He remembers his anti-social youth, meeting Ibiki (:confused:)), killing all of his friends, and finally meeting the 4th Mizukage (Yagura) and directly seeing him controlled by Madara (it is unclear if Kisame sees Madara’s face or not).

-In order to prevent any more info from being learned, Kisame proceeds to bite off his own tongue. Chapter ends.

Freya 2010-08-25 02:53

Will Kisame bite the dust in this chapter?!?!

Kafriel 2010-08-25 02:55

No, Zetsu seedlings are the ultimate kawarimi that also disengages from combat, although there's no real reason to keep either of them alive at this point...

Lunarskylar 2010-08-25 03:38

... that's how kisame dies?
he chokes to death on his tongue

i wonder how shark tonque tastes anyway

milan kyuubi 2010-08-25 03:40

Gai could have killed Kisame with just six gates, the only reason he wen seven gates on him is because he plans to ''box'' (hit) every shark to stop the scroll from getting delivered.

SeanQ 2010-08-25 03:52

nooo Kisame needs to kick more ass =0 don't want him to die lol geez I hate Gai ...

neshru 2010-08-25 03:56

haha, what the hell?
Things have been getting more and more random lately

DeDe 2010-08-25 04:08

Well that was anti-climatic. Short summary.

- Kisame's attack was designed to suck the chakra out of Gai's attack. But Gai's attack was taijutsu and not ninjutsu. So Kisame was screwed against Gai from the start. Also, shouldn't have Kisame known Gai uses taijutsu based attacks after fighting him before? God, even Hidan was guarding against Shikamaru's shadow jutsu the second time.
- Guy wins and also has the scroll. He punches Kisame. Kisame blacks out. Aoba comes over and interrogates Kisame using Inoichi's mind jutsu. I guess that's not a secret clan technique.
- Kisame flashback. He was on a mission with other ninja to deliver a password. He kills the others so only he knows the password. Apparently he delivers this password to Ibiki of Konoha.
- In the flashback we see the Fourth Mizukage who is being manipulated by Madara.
- In order to not give away any information to Aoba, Kisame bites his tongue and commits suicide. Good night sweet prince.

I guess the main question is why the hell didn't Kishi just kill Kisame against KB and A? He pulled all this for Gai? A character who never cracked the top 30 in any popularity poll? Weird. Pointless death.

Slayerx 2010-08-25 04:37

Is that confirmed?

Cause if it is you're saying that not only does kisame die in a lame ass way, but that the scroll itself was never delivered... wow, just wow. Kisame's entire involvement in this mess was almost completely and utterly pointless. His only purpose seemed to be to set up some foreshadowing about some password...

Ya i think i can safely say I preferred the double lariat decapitation...

DeDe 2010-08-25 04:47

It's from Ohana.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 3209552)
His only purpose seemed to be to set up some foreshadowing about some password.

I don't even think the password foreshadows anything. I think Kisame's flashback story was just to show why he committed suicide. He killed his friends so only he would know the password. He figured if the others were caught, they would let it out under torture. It was to show Kisame's resolve as a ninja. We'll need a better translation to be sure though.

So yeah. Everything involving Kisame after the Kage Summit was a huge waste of ink. Kishi could have focused on other things. Sad.

A number of fans are also wondering about this war. The bad guys don't seem a threat at all. Madara better have an army up his sleeve.

Kafriel 2010-08-25 04:51

Quote:

Madara better have an army up his sleeve.
An army of undead clay puppet spiders! I still wonder how Kabuto's going to move in all of this.

azziz 2010-08-25 05:10

so with this we can say the old akatsui is over;but i'm really no interested in seeing them as unded,especially nagato:that guy is the fucking rinnegan kishi should have made t impossible to"resurect" him like if he was any other shinobi by a third rate villain like kabuto.

kodok_balls 2010-08-25 05:14

So it is confirmed ( if the spoiler is true ) that 4th Mizukage had been manipulated by Madara.
So it means my theory of Masked Man= Tobi = Danzou = 3rd Mizukage is getting closer and closer...

neshru 2010-08-25 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodok_balls (Post 3209580)
Tobi = Danzou

I wonder who the guy that Sasuke killed was then

roriconfan 2010-08-25 05:20

So much for all that fancy talking about Kisame having the highest amount of chakra amongst the Akatsuki... He went to all this trouble to hide and spy, a sign of strategy, yet could not remember Guy's taijutsu. Either Kisame is a goldfish in mind or Kishi is idolizing Kubo.

Luminion Lancer 2010-08-25 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 3209587)
So much for all that fancy talking about Kisame having the highest amount of chakra amongst the Akatsuki... He went to all this trouble to hide and spy, a sign of strategy, yet could not remember Guy's taijutsu. Either Kisame is a goldfish in mind or Kishi is idolizing Kubo.

-Or it could be that Kisame was betting on being able to devour Guy's released chakra (via the Gates)? Of course, taijutsu is mere physical energy and chakra is made up of both physical and spiritual energies, so it makes sense that Kisame's tactic would not work. Poor Kisame. We spent a fair number of years idolizing Kisame and thinking Guy might have to go full 8-gates on him because Guy had trouble with a 30% Kisame clone. And now, even Kisame falls quickly so the Akatsuki really only have 2 "original" members left (Madara and Zetsu).

Frenchie 2010-08-25 06:23

Technically speaking, does it matter? If Kisame is Edo Tensei'd, like the rest of the Akatsuki, can't he just relay the info?

Cub-Sama 2010-08-25 06:35

That's it?

Kisame survived this long and this is how he dies? It would've been better if he died vs Bee and E

MihawkXGP 2010-08-25 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeDe (Post 3209558)
It's from Ohana.

I don't even think the password foreshadows anything. I think Kisame's flashback story was just to show why he committed suicide. He killed his friends so only he would know the password. He figured if the others were caught, they would let it out under torture. It was to show Kisame's resolve as a ninja. We'll need a better translation to be sure though.

So yeah. Everything involving Kisame after the Kage Summit was a huge waste of ink. Kishi could have focused on other things. Sad.

A number of fans are also wondering about this war. The bad guys don't seem a threat at all. Madara better have an army up his sleeve.

I'm startin to see parallels between this and the current bleach story i.e Aizen & his army & Madara and his...
Even that decapitation at the hands of Bee & his brother was a much better death than this lame ass way to die.

james0246 2010-08-25 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Frenchie (Post 3209639)
Technically speaking, does it matter? If Kisame is Edo Tensei'd, like the rest of the Akatsuki, can't he just relay the info?

Yeah, I said this a week or two ago when talking anout why Kisame doesn't need to survive.

That being said, I updated the OP with the current spoiler (same as what Dede posted).