AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gurren-Lagann (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Gurren-Lagann - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=51844)

Skyfall 2007-07-28 15:57

Gurren-Lagann - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gurren-Lagann, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Malintex_Terek 2007-07-28 19:07

Holy wow, this episode not only opened a can of worms, it dumped 'em all out as well! Helix King Lord Genome is EXTREMELY GAR. :heh:

quina 2007-07-28 19:08

only saw the screenshot :\
Everything went as expected; but why is it so quiet this week. Geass?

Shiroth 2007-07-28 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by quina (Post 1065459)

Quiet?

If i remember correctly, its been like this in the past --- a number of times.

Deathkillz 2007-07-28 19:13

its that time again already ~ time sure flies :heh: well i cant wait to see what the king has to say for himself (though did it really take 7 dam years to revive him O.O)

Shiroth 2007-07-28 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 1065462)
though did it really take 7 dam years to revive him O.O

I'm surprised it didn't take longer! These are people who have just built a city without knowing anything about that kind of technology.

Malintex_Terek 2007-07-28 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by quina (Post 1065459)

Most likely. I find it quite funny that Geass was a let-down and Gurren yet another delivery of epic win, and yet people are still flocking to the Geass topic in massive droves. ^^;

Ahh well, they've earned their time after the long wait.

Shiroth 2007-07-28 19:27

Like i've already said, there has been a number of times already at this time that we don't get that many posts in this thread. It kicks off once the raw appears, and people have seen.

Nightengale 2007-07-28 19:52

I'm starting to really like Rossiu more and more now. He may be a little bit of a jackass now, but he's a good jackass. I may be damned for this, but thus far, I'm liking him the most of all the characters, even Simon and Kamina.

Not to mention if the preview is any indication, Rossiu will be >>>>>>>> Awesome. I'll be damned pissed off if he dies. He deserves a good ending, with Kinon. :)

A yawn upon waking up makes Genome > GAR. Plus his tragic backstory 'Spiral Warrior' just screams for an OVA to be made or something.

Malintex_Terek 2007-07-28 19:57

Just finished watching it. Pretty dang awesome episode, though it looked a bit funky during the phone scenes with the bueraucrats. And wow at the discussion between Genome and Rossiu. Just wow. :)

It's a pretty low budget episode compared with the rest of the series, but still great.

7Th 2007-07-28 21:18

Animation wise I liked this episode much more than 11... designs this time were more stylish even if low-budget.

quina 2007-07-28 21:18

ok watched it. I like the episode.

- Rosui need a scape goat to blame all these mess on. Simon will be that scape goat. Rosui actually did it because there is not much of other choices. Next time we will see Rosui gave Simon back his core drill and tell him to live no matter what happened. I bet he also help Simon in the jail break as well. hmmm nice jack ass.

- Nia stated that once anti-spiral has activate she has can't turn back to human anymore. The person who is standing in front of Simon now is indeed her. Nia suit chages is freaking hot. hmmm do I sense some serious drama here? Now Simon gonna go against the whole anti0spiral race in the universe!!

- Spiral king was a good guy as I predicted since the first episode I saw him. He young self is pretty GAR too. wooooot..

- Mugun can rightnow be damaged by Simon. Simon gathered their energy inside the drill and attack back. Leeron can't figure out how to defeat them yet... at least now, that fabulous can figure out anything.

musashiken 2007-07-28 21:48

Woohoo! Nia is HAWT!!

Seeing all those ungrateful humans made me think the anti-spirals are right in killing them.

As long Simon doesn't find a way, I'm going to side with Nia and see all of them die! Mwahahaha.

(but we all know Simon is going to save humanity, no matter what. Still at least kill all the whiny bastards first)

Shouta 2007-07-29 00:09

Wow, awesome episode. Lots of background information and setup for future episodes. This show is really delivering for the lack of story pre-time skip

ThoHell 2007-07-29 00:27

Intense episode. Allies turning on each other, a hero being persecuted.....wow oh wow. Poor Simon, I would be really pissed off if I were in his shoes and turn and fight back against everyone! Now here comes on extremely long wait for the next episode. Let them all die, Simon is fine on his own, but of course that won't happen and he'll end up saving all those ungrateful people.

duckroll 2007-07-29 02:48

Lol Gonzo Lagann.

Deathkillz 2007-07-29 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by quina (Post 1065612)
- Spiral king was a good guy as I predicted since the first episode I saw him. He young self is pretty GAR too. wooooot..

and like a few of us already speculated that ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by musashiken (Post 1065648)
Seeing all those ungrateful humans made me think the anti-spirals are right in killing them.

As long Simon doesn't find a way, I'm going to side with Nia and see all of them die! Mwahahaha.

i agree...WTF is up with those guys...the must be blind to think that the government cause all the trouble...sheesh and here we have our heros risking their loves for ungreatful idiots...and Nia is dam cool i have to admit ~ the look in her eyes changes her personality so much its pretty scary hehe ~

so it seems that there are 2 factions fighting a war...the spirals vs the anti spirals ~ but now that the balance has been tipped to the favor of the anti spirals because the spiral king is effectively "dead"...all is up to simon to save the day (again)

7Th 2007-07-29 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 1066097)
Lol Gonzo Lagann.

:heh: The full production was them?

Var 2007-07-29 09:52

Solid episode overall. I liked the style even though you could tell it was low-budget. Shame there aren't many people around to discuss, but then again this episode didn't have much in it that needed discussing. :heh:

Kanon 2007-07-29 11:37

Wow, we learned a lot in this episode. Pretty much all the questions we had were answered. With Nia saying she can't turn back to human anymore, I can actually see a happy ending for her and Simon, something a la G Gundam (Giga drill love love breaker ! :heh: )