AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Marginal Prince (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36760)

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-03 14:27

Marginal Prince

For me, the first episode was very nice, very simple, well organized and well acted, with decent inexpensive animation and good music, and some nicely played emotion.

The story features a half-dozen princely bishounen and an innocent Japanese boy, Yuuta, as the only students in a huge old school on an isolated wooded island in Europe. It is based on a keitai love-sim game for girls. The protagonist's amazement at the school and the princely students is the heart of the first episode, which begins with Yuuta using his keitai to introduce his new schoolmates to his onee-san in Japan, and ends with a mystery and a big problem for Yuuta.

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/5...rincepskl5.jpg

The protagonist is played by Sugiyoshi Higanuma, whom I first heard in (the few eps I watched of) Tactical Roar. He has a very affecting, somewhat uncontrolled voice. I didn't like the breathless stop-and-start quality of the voice at first, but decided in the end that it produced the right emotional effect. The big name is Nojima Kenji, who plays the aloof prince. Okiayu Ryoutaro, and old pro who was Kunimitsu in Prince of Tennis, Yuu in Marmalade Boy, and Scar in FMA, does an excellent job as the sympathetic Joshua. He sings an insert song in ep1 beautifully, as well.

The director, Inagaki Takayuki, is a newcomer who directed one episode of Black Cat. The script is by Hayasaka Ritsuko, who did series structure for Galaxy Railways. The character designer, Sasaki Toshiko, did character design for Gallery Fake and was animation director of Urusei Yatsura. Sound director Iida Satoki did the same job on Soul Link and Magikano.

official site
Anime News Network page

The first broadcast of the week is on Sundays at 26:13 (2:13 at night). There was already a Chinese sub of the first episode available on Monday, but neither raw nor sub had appeared on an English-language site by Tuesday morning. The likelihood of this being subbed in English seems quite small.

SinsI 2006-10-03 15:19

I really liked the music in this one, it is enough to keep watching this regardless of its shoujo orientation and lack of girls.

Friera 2006-10-03 18:01

Are all of them...guys? I can't see the difference >_<

Anyway, I will check out this series.
But why is it always like the anime for girls are always high-school blablabla? I'm tired of it actually - I'd like some more originality!

BluWacky 2006-10-04 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friera
Are all of them...guys? I can't see the difference >_<

Anyway, I will check out this series.
But why is it always like the anime for girls are always high-school blablabla? I'm tired of it actually - I'd like some more originality!

You're not watching the right shows, then.

Try Shounen Onmyouji and Hataraki Man this season, for instance. Or Saiunkoku Monogatari from April.

saung_saung 2006-10-04 13:07

I wanna see it! ...
Have anyone recorded it ???

Rikichi 2006-10-04 19:37

Director of Sunabozu, nice. Sunabozu is awesome!

gknight 2006-10-06 18:42

*waits for a subbed version*

maybe THIS show will have some shounen ai.. XD (even though the game hadn't)

Friera 2006-10-15 15:57

hmmm, will someone pick it up? =\

I really hope so...

nixie 2006-10-28 05:42

GONZO has a part here? It was listed on anidb but it's just weird to see Gonzo animate such a slashable series.

Sounds like Meine Liebe, this.

gknight 2006-11-10 18:32

anyone seen more of this show..? how is it?

rumi2007 2007-01-12 21:54

Someone finally put it on You Tube...Thanks!

Celestial Akina 2007-06-15 06:40

I first say this anime advertised on another anime forum I go on and i thought it looked quite good, for some reason the picture of the main characters really pulled me in, possibly due to the multi coloured hair XD

But i managed to find it online somewhere, and quickly realised watching the raw version was quite pointless as i don't actually know Japanese :heh:

The story line sounded quite appealing to me though, I would love to find a fansubbed version ^_^

Tiberium Wolf 2007-06-15 07:11

All guys!? Noooo... too close to yaoi!

Celestial Akina 2007-06-15 07:43

whats wrong with yaoi?

XD

ahahaha... :heh:

oh gosh, fan girl side coming out again XD