AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

skyboy928 2011-06-08 06:15

hmmm..... i wonder if they mention any future SD kit.......there are so many of them that i want them to redo :heh:

Appel 2011-06-08 06:57

i FINALLY got the letter from the customs office so that i could pick up my OO raiser today!^^
gonna build it later today.
but just by browsing through the manual a little its pretty clear that this is basically the OOQ with a few changes here and there XD but in my opinion that isnt a bad thing. the QAN[T]is amazing! and it explains why the OO raiser got so much praise recently.

Se7enSword 2011-06-08 07:32

So I finally got my 00Q today, and i've never built a model before, but the instructions are understandable.

I just need to know if the plier I have is acceptable to be used to nip the parts or not. I'd rather not buy a new one and would prefer to use the current one I have.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9726/img0343jo.th.jpg

Appel 2011-06-08 10:03

i dont thing thats gonna work. the pliers that you have are blunt and can only crush stuff.
you need a side cutter:
http://www.objectsandelements.com/sh...de-Cutters.jpg

they arent expensive, about 3 bucks for a cheap one. id get a good one though! its worth it. with a good side cutter you basically have no excess plastic one the pieces that you would have to cut off with a knife!
i got mine from a gamesworkshop and i could be happier! cost me about 8€, thats about $10


edit:
i just built the O raiser sidebinder just to test if i get the NG 1/100 OO LEDs to fit in there.
it does work but you have to alter them quite a lot to make them fit. but once they are in everything works properly^^

skyboy928 2011-06-08 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3644093)
i just built the O raiser sidebinder just to test if i get the NG 1/100 OO LEDs to fit in there.
it does work but you have to alter them quite a lot to make them fit. but once they are in everything works properly^^

Nice, I just finalize my order from gundamplanet amoment ago
Now just need to wait till the end of the month....... It's gonna be long wait
Lucky still have 4 PG at home need to finish:D

Appel 2011-06-08 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3644325)
Nice, I just finalize my order from gundamplanet amoment ago
Now just need to wait till the end of the month....... It's gonna be long wait
Lucky still have 4 PG at home need to finish:D

cool^^
im done with the head, torso, arms and shoulders now. well, and one sidebinder of course because there i tested the no grade LED :P so far its a really neat model.i think im going to finish it today^^

skyboy928 2011-06-08 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3644429)
cool^^
im done with the head, torso, arms and shoulders now. well, and one sidebinder of course because there i tested the no grade LED :P so far its a really neat model.i think im going to finish it today^^

post picture as soon as you are done please, i wanna see :D

i'm currently working on MG Astray Red Frame, so far only finish all the weapon, it will take a while, since i just got couple new games thanks to PSN :heh:

Appel 2011-06-08 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3644437)
post picture as soon as you are done please, i wanna see :D

i'm currently working on MG Astray Red Frame, so far only finish all the weapon, it will take a while, since i just got couple new games thanks to PSN :heh:

haha, i see XD

here is a little progress shot:
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0775inoz.jpg
just got the backpack, the weapons and the O raiser left to do :P

skyboy928 2011-06-08 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3644561)
haha, i see XD

here is a little progress shot:
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0775inoz.jpg
just got the backpack, the weapons and the O raiser left to do :P

awesome! now if only i have more time...... i need to finish the Astray, then move on to at least one of my PG...... :( can i have more time.......

Appel 2011-06-08 20:03

and done^^
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0784nsko.jpg

this kit is pretty awesome! great articulation, tons of accessoires and what really surprised me, there are almost no balance issues! its not leaning forwards here, it can stand upright with the O raiser attatched^^ that spretty impressive!
im also very pleased with the GN sword III. the connection to the arm is rock solid and it wont fall off at all, even with the huge effect part for the raiser sword. it pops out of the peg on the hand all the time but the connection to the arm is strong enough by itself.

SonicSP 2011-06-08 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3644093)
i dont thing thats gonna work. the pliers that you have are blunt and can only crush stuff.
you need a side cutter:

they arent expensive, about 3 bucks for a cheap one. id get a good one though! its worth it. with a good side cutter you basically have no excess plastic one the pieces that you would have to cut off with a knife!
i got mine from a gamesworkshop and i could be happier! cost me about 8, thats about $10


edit:
i just built the O raiser sidebinder just to test if i get the NG 1/100 OO LEDs to fit in there.
it does work but you have to alter them quite a lot to make them fit. but once they are in everything works properly^^

A sidecutter that doesn't leave excess plastic? I did not know such things even exists!!!! And it would be my dream to have one!!!!

You know any examples of such a piece? I would like to get them online prefably.

skyboy928 2011-06-08 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3644745)
this kit is pretty awesome! great articulation, tons of accessoires and what really surprised me, there are almost no balance issues! its not leaning forwards here, it can stand upright with the O raiser attatched^^ that spretty impressive!
im also very pleased with the GN sword III. the connection to the arm is rock solid and it wont fall off at all, even with the huge effect part for the raiser sword. it pops out of the peg on the hand all the time but the connection to the arm is strong enough by itself.

wow, you are pretty quick. too bad i have to wait till early next month before i could get my hand on this kit.......i can't wait.

Se7en Sabers 2011-06-08 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3644810)
A sidecutter that doesn't leave excess plastic? I did not know such things even exists!!!! And it would be my dream to have one!!!!

You know any examples of such a piece? I would like to get them online prefably.


This one is a must
http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM74035

A little expensive but for tiny pieces and to save time (I used to clean my pieces with a hobby knife but not anymore) ;)

Appel 2011-06-09 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers (Post 3644921)
This one is a must
http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM74035

A little expensive but for tiny pieces and to save time (I used to clean my pieces with a hobby knife but not anymore) ;)

that one looks good^^
and if you want to spend a little less:
http://www.amazon.com/Xuron-Micro-Sh...7611114&sr=8-5

skyboy928 2011-06-09 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers (Post 3644921)
This one is a must
http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM74035

A little expensive but for tiny pieces and to save time (I used to clean my pieces with a hobby knife but not anymore) ;)

that's the one i have been using. also i got those nail cutter that was use in Nail salon, the result is pretty good :heh:

Araxiel 2011-06-09 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3644810)
A sidecutter that doesn't leave excess plastic? I did not know such things even exists!!!! And it would be my dream to have one!!!!

You know any examples of such a piece? I would like to get them online prefably.

Games Workshop make their own range of tools specifically for modelling. So if you buy their clippers, for example, the clipper head is shaped so you can get right up next to the part and clip off just where it meets the tree, leaving no/negligible excess plastic. As opposed to using a pair of general-purpose clippers, which aren't optimised for such a thing.
Thier craft knife is quite nice too. Very sharp blades, ergonomic handle and all that. Games Workshop's stuff is quite expensive, but good quality.

SonicSP 2011-06-09 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 3645265)
Games Workshop make their own range of tools specifically for modelling. So if you buy their clippers, for example, the clipper head is shaped so you can get right up next to the part and clip off just where it meets the tree, leaving no/negligible excess plastic. As opposed to using a pair of general-purpose clippers, which aren't optimised for such a thing.
Thier craft knife is quite nice too. Very sharp blades, ergonomic handle and all that. Games Workshop's stuff is quite expensive, but good quality.

Speaking of which, is that a site or a real shop?

Araxiel 2011-06-09 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3645296)
Speaking of which, is that a site or a real shop?

Both. They have a website you can mail order from, Games Workshop stores dotted around the world, and a lot of independent hobby shops stock their stuff as well.

Edit: WIP pics on my Virsago:


And a few little extras:

Elo the Blue 2011-06-09 08:55

Nice to see a suit from X. Hope it turns out nicely.

Appel 2011-06-09 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 3645265)
Games Workshop make their own range of tools specifically for modelling. So if you buy their clippers, for example, the clipper head is shaped so you can get right up next to the part and clip off just where it meets the tree, leaving no/negligible excess plastic. As opposed to using a pair of general-purpose clippers, which aren't optimised for such a thing.
Thier craft knife is quite nice too. Very sharp blades, ergonomic handle and all that. Games Workshop's stuff is quite expensive, but good quality.

i agree. i couldnt be happier with my games workshop nipper^^ and at 8 bucks i didnt even think it was that expensive.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.