AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

LoweGear 2011-08-29 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3746683)
and at 2625 yen it almost doesnt really make a lot of sense to buy the RG in my opinion... you can get the MG version for about 3000 yen at HLJ for example :P

It doesn't make sense if people didn't care about scale. But for those of us devoted 1/144 collectors, the RG is a good buy.

Appel 2011-08-29 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3746715)
It doesn't make sense if people didn't care about scale. But for those of us devoted 1/144 collectors, the RG is a good buy.

that is true^^ if you are a 1/144 collector than the RG line is pretty much the best thing ever XD i mean, the RG kits are even more detailed than MG kits in some spots...
but if you dont care about the scale then in this case you should really go for the MG version. the RGs that have been made so far are only a little bit less expensive than the MG version. the difference is like 10 bucks.

suiton629 2011-08-29 11:43

I would rather spend the $10 more and get a MG kit.

Simple.

You get bigger parts, more articulation, etc etc. 1/144 scale kits are so so IMO

gginfinite@gmail.com

LoweGear 2011-08-29 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3746732)
more articulation

That really depends on the type of kit. The 1/100 00 Gundam for instance has a lesser range of articulation than the smaller 1/144 HG. From what we're seeing of the RG, it will have nearly identical articulation to the larger MG.

Also, some of us like our parts small. :heh:

suiton629 2011-08-29 11:54

I like SD kits and MG kits only...considering the 00 1/100 NG though for kits that haven't gotten a MG yet like:

O Gundam Type ACD
Astraea
Exia R2

Butagami 2011-08-29 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3746742)
I like SD kits and MG kits only...considering the 00 1/100 NG though for kits that haven't gotten a MG yet like:

O Gundam Type ACD
Astraea
Exia R2

We know that you'd like those as MG's.....

I'm kinda curious if Bandai'll keep playing it safe by releasing hit-suits as RGs, or if they're gonna diverge a bit, and release things like the Aegis, Justice, maybe even a Ginn or a Virgo (assuming they'll jump to wing sooner or later)

suiton629 2011-08-29 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3746986)
We know that you'd like those as MG's.....

I'm kinda curious if Bandai'll keep playing it safe by releasing hit-suits as RGs, or if they're gonna diverge a bit, and release things like the Aegis, Justice, maybe even a Ginn or a Virgo (assuming they'll jump to wing sooner or later)

I think Bandai will play it safe and do similar kits with a few part changes here and there. They've done it with the 00 HG, MG, SD kit... They're gonna keep doing it.

Appel 2011-08-29 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3746986)
We know that you'd like those as MG's.....

I'm kinda curious if Bandai'll keep playing it safe by releasing hit-suits as RGs, or if they're gonna diverge a bit, and release things like the Aegis, Justice, maybe even a Ginn or a Virgo (assuming they'll jump to wing sooner or later)

i think they diverged from their usual path already with the RG line^^ usually its alway RX-78-2, chars zaku II, green zaku II. this time we got a strike gundam before the green zaku II! i think its obvious that bandai has a LOT of faith in the RG line.

im certain that we will see a little more diversity with the RG line. bandai promotes it because of its "incredibly flexible frame". but lets be serious here, bandai probably just wanted a new line of models which are incredibly easy to plan and cheap to develope. with the RG line all they need to do is make new armor for an existing frame and they have a new kit^^
and i think because of that they can take more risks and release kits that probably wouldnt sell very well in MG form but still make a lot of money with them.

bandai always loved selling us the same runners over and over again. with the RG line they now actually have a line thats build around that very concept! XD

also, my airbrush is on the way! im really excited about this! :O

suiton629 2011-08-29 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3747035)
i think they diverged from their usual path already with the RG line^^ usually its alway RX-78-2, chars zaku II, green zaku II. this time we got a strike gundam before the green zaku II! i think its obvious that bandai has a LOT of faith in the RG line.

im certain that we will see a little more diversity with the RG line. bandai promotes it because of its "incredibly flexible frame". but lets be serious here, bandai probably just wanted a new line of models which are incredibly easy to plan and cheap to develope. with the RG line all they need to do is make new armor for an existing frame and they have a new kit^^
and i think because of that they can take more risks and release kits that probably wouldnt sell very well in MG form but still make a lot of money with them.

bandai always loved selling us the same runners over and over again. with the RG line they now actually have a line thats build around that very concept! XD

also, my airbrush is on the way! im really excited about this! :O

Meaning like the RG's inner frame is basically or is the sme with all kits??

I never bought one nor saw one in real life...

Appel 2011-08-29 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3747040)
Meaning like the RG's inner frame is basically or is the sme with all kits??

I never bought one nor saw one in real life...

yup, they are pretty much all the same. there are some slight alterations for the strikes frame to get the armor on but the basic frame is still the same.

you can look at the runners of the frames on dalong.net. compare them there if you want to^^

edit: lemme post them here as well:

rx-78-2
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg01/p/rg01_r08.jpg

chars zaku II
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg02/p/rg02_r07.jpg

aile strike
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg03/p/rg03_r07.jpg

zaku II mass production type (same as chars zaku obviously)
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_r06.jpg

the layout on the runner of strikes frame is a little different but the pieces are the same.

suiton629 2011-08-29 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3747044)
yup, they are pretty much all the same. there are some slight alterations for the strikes frame to get the armor on but the basic frame is still the same.

you can look at the runners of the frames on dalong.net. compare them there if you want to^^

edit: lemme post them here as well:

rx-78-2
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg01/p/rg01_r08.jpg

chars zaku II
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg02/p/rg02_r07.jpg

aile strike
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg03/p/rg03_r07.jpg

zaku II mass production type (same as chars zaku obviously)
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_r06.jpg

the layout on the runner of strikes frame is a little different but the pieces are the same.

Dude. Your pix don't work.

Add the tags to them...

[img]...website...[/img]

ssbb210 2011-08-29 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3747184)
Dude. Your pix don't work.

Add the tags to them...

[img]...website...[/img]

press enter to get it work

suiton629 2011-08-29 22:08

gginfinite@gmail.com

Exia Repair 3... Now if that was a real MG kit... If only~





















I especially like how they show off the Exia, Exia Repair 1, Exia Repair 2, and Exia Repair 3...

LoweGear 2011-08-29 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3747044)
yup, they are pretty much all the same. there are some slight alterations for the strikes frame to get the armor on but the basic frame is still the same.

you can look at the runners of the frames on dalong.net. compare them there if you want to^^

edit: lemme post them here as well:

rx-78-2
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg01/p/rg01_r08.jpg

chars zaku II
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg02/p/rg02_r07.jpg

aile strike
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg03/p/rg03_r07.jpg

zaku II mass production type (same as chars zaku obviously)
http://dalong.net/review/hg/rg04/p/rg04_r06.jpg

the layout on the runner of strikes frame is a little different but the pieces are the same.

The basics are similar yes, but they're not "the same" Advanced MS joint runners. It's quite clear that there are noticeable design differences between each inner frame that would prevent each frame from being interchangeable with another mobile suit design. For instance, the Strike's inner arm frame is noticeably thinner than the RX-78's, and of a completely different design, and the Strike actually has an entire torso piece that is not present on either the Zaku or the RX-78 frames.

SonicSP 2011-08-29 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3746726)
that is true^^ if you are a 1/144 collector than the RG line is pretty much the best thing ever XD i mean, the RG kits are even more detailed than MG kits in some spots...
but if you dont care about the scale then in this case you should really go for the MG version. the RGs that have been made so far are only a little bit less expensive than the MG version. the difference is like 10 bucks.

What I like about 1/144s are that there's so many of them, so I can pose the RG alongside more kits than I can with the 1/100. A lot of suits don necessarily get the 1/100 scale treatment, relative to the 1/144. Posing suits of different scales next to each other feels weird to me. Also, RGs save more space and are likely much harder to engineer with such articulation and detail for that size. If one truly does not care for scales though, it may be better to go for the cheaper one which is the RG in this case since it's already cheaper.

Oh RG 00 Raiser, my lonely heart longs for you......

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-30 00:47

Well, at least, for R3 there is a GN Long Rifle Kit if the Hobby Japan also released it.

Appel 2011-08-30 06:42

woo! just got my airbrush^^

first off, i am amazed what you can do with just 2ml of acrylic paint and the same amount of water! :O this is SOOO much cheaper than buying spray paints!

but as i suspected, the brush that came with the set eats^^ you cant control how much air flows through it, you can only control the amount of paint that comes out by twisting the nozzle. i will definitely pick up a new one today, even a cheap one for 5 bucks or so would do just dendy for me.

pumpkins 2011-08-30 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane (Post 3747472)
Well, at least, for R3 there is a GN Long Rifle Kit if the Hobby Japan also released it.

:confused: its included with this month's copy of hobby japan?

suiton629 2011-08-30 06:58

By the way, where do you guys go to buy GunPla the cheapest in the US? o_O

LoweGear 2011-08-30 10:38

MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G boxart: :love:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4499/007sgu.th.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.