AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shin Sekai Yori (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117782)

White Manju Bun 2013-02-08 00:23

Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shin Sekai Yori, Episode 19.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

NoemiChan 2013-02-08 02:24

Spoiler for speculation:

Key Board 2013-02-08 17:52

Terrifying episode

annoying cliffhanger, though

Yes, It was intentional, but still..

Izayoi 2013-02-09 01:17

That cliffhanger... Now I have to wait for next week.
It wasn't too interesting waiting for them to find out the obvious but it was still a decent episode. Also this was not exactly how I imagined the Cantus user, he looks scary... Reminds me of something out of a horror game... Corpse Party.

Edit: I realized I slipped and voted like a 6 on the poll. I meant to pick 8/9. fml.

frubam 2013-02-09 01:31

Yeah, it was kinda grating for the hospital staff NOT to say who was the culprit, beating around the bush instead of just saying "it's a fiend". I'd imagine that he was brought up thinking he was a queerat, given that scream when he saw the other queerats dead in the hallway. That cliffhanger is brutal too =0(.

apotheosis 2013-02-09 01:39

Incredibly intense. All the slow buildup is really paying off & the wait this week will be excruciating.

Not sure how they can get away either .. but I suppose 100 feet separation means they can do something clever with cantus & water to divert attention and slip into the trees perhaps.

roon 2013-02-09 01:57

Oh god, playing up my fear of abandoned hospitals…

Agreed that it was grating for the hostages to not outright say who the culprit was -- seriously, wouldn't that be the first thing you spit out? But if it was accurate to the book, that sort of thing does play out better in creating suspense textually.

I'm guessing the screaming and appearance are from being raised without the ability to control cantus. More than the episode cliffhanger, I'm concerned with the way Tomiko sounds in the preview... hoping it's not a death flag, but with everything that happened this episode, it's difficult to hold any hope for much of the cast to survive.

Between this show and Psycho-Pass, really can't wait for next week.

ChronoReverse 2013-02-09 02:25

I kept thinking "Poor Communication Kills" when he wouldn't just say "It's a Fiend you fools!"

Not that it would have changed anything but still.

Incidentally, can you only target Cantus visually? There's a death feedback for if you kill another human but what if you decide to just blast "whatever is behind this door" at full force without looking?

Theo 2013-02-09 03:13

Goddamned psychic velociraptors...

Warm Mist 2013-02-09 03:37

Uh, guys, one of the women in the hospital was having bursts of panic and full-on psychosis, I think it's understandable that they wouldn't be able to properly communicate with anybody in that situation.

Amazing episode, 10/10.

EroKing 2013-02-09 03:47

Not to mention it would have delivered less impact to the episode. It was just better the way is was done here.

ScudFace 2013-02-09 04:15

I don't think the director was trying to "beat around the bush". What he was trying to do was convey the sense of horror and helplessness that doctor was going through to a point where even speaking of it was too much to handle.
This show has a way of making my skin crawl like no other anime . Its like there is always something evil lurking in the background...

NoemiChan 2013-02-09 04:44

Wow.. that's a pleasant episode.. A little creepy though...

About the next preview... so the village got destroyed? Where is Mask Peeker and Hot Grandma?

Entravity 2013-02-09 04:48

Yes, the atmosphere is incredible this time. Not as much of the regular information and foreshadowing but still awesome nonetheless.

Archon_Wing 2013-02-09 05:51

Well that was really intense. All that buildup and descriptions of the terrors of the demons, and this is just after the queerats were held off. That just kept up a really nice sense of pacing and tension.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2013-02-09 06:12

It's like watching a horror movie. The moment they enter the hospital, every second is intense and filled with suspense.

Justice Knight 2013-02-09 06:36

the entire ep is like a resident evil in hospital and this conversation crack me up

Spoiler:

NoemiChan 2013-02-09 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Knight (Post 4547519)

Spoiler:

You know, when the doctor said this... my eyebrow raised during that scene... It's like an inserted joke..

ookamigirl 2013-02-09 07:30

Queerats vs humans.
Yakomaru must be behind some of it.
He was suspicious right from the start.
Well, their rebellion is not a surprise.
It was bound to happen sometime.
That demon was kinda surprising though.
Especially since they always killed all potential demons.

kuromitsu 2013-02-09 07:40

Oooo cliffhanger~ :heh: Very nice and intense episode, though wow, it was dark, literally. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by roon (Post 4547320)
Agreed that it was grating for the hostages to not outright say who the culprit was -- seriously, wouldn't that be the first thing you spit out? But if it was accurate to the book, that sort of thing does play out better in creating suspense textually.

Sort of.
Spoiler for book:
The anime goes out of its way to not say the word while also going out of its way to allude to it, I guess they're planning to do a Huge Revelation despite they're also making it obvious what we're dealing with... :heh: I suppose they're counting on the visual impact.
Spoiler for book:

I do wonder why they didn't show how Satoru was steering the boat and how he noticed the other boat following them... :heh: it was a bit out of the blue. (Or maybe they did show it, and I just didn't realize because it was too dark?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 4547337)
Incidentally, can you only target Cantus visually? There's a death feedback for if you kill another human but what if you decide to just blast "whatever is behind this door" at full force without looking?

As long as you don't realize that you might be attacking another human you should be OK, but if there's any doubt... And of course you're pretty much a goner when you realize that you have killed another human.