AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Ben-To (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102122)

MrTerrorist 2011-02-22 08:07

Ben-To

http://i.imgur.com/G19eQ.jpg
The light novel action comedy "Ben-To" is becoming an anime.

Plot:
The story revolves around a poor high school student named Yō Satō. Satō goes to the supermarket one day and discovers a bentō (boxed meal) on sale at half price. Just as he reaches to grab it, he ends up on the floor unconscious. Satō has just entered the fierce, no-holds-barred "supermarket survival battle" for half-price bentō.

Basically the plot goes something like this:
The main character Yō, lives in a highschool dormitory that serves breakfast only so the dorm students have to buy their own lunch and dinner which is unlucky for the main character as he's poor. Luckily, there's a supermarket that sells half-price lunch boxes (Bento, hence the tittle). The catch? The moment the lunches become half-price, the supermarket turns into a survival of the strongest battle royale arena where the customers fight each other to get the lunches first!

After getting his ass kick too many times, Yō has enough and joins the Half-Pricer's club who's purpose is to train it's members to fight other customers and win their lunches.

After reading about the novels on randomc.net, i'm glad it's finally getting an anime. I wonder who's gonna voice in this anime?

Source
Official website

j0x 2011-02-22 08:10

haha ye i heard this news first somewhere else, and im looking forward to it
what is the genre of this anime is it shounen + action ?

Ravenblitz 2011-02-22 08:15

Animu about Lunch Boxes huh? let's see how it goes and satisfy my cravings for a good anime :heh:

website still in construction but saves the girl on pc haha

applejuice 2011-02-22 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckmox (Post 3499608)
haha ye i heard this news first somewhere else, and im looking forward to it
what is the genre of this anime is it shounen + action ?

It's gag/comedy + action + school setting, from what I know. It's pretty famous one also, knowing that it was listed in "Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!".

j0x 2011-02-22 08:36

thanks for the info, comedy+action and high selling light novel too, so only thing left is a good studio that will animate this with justice

kemal_1915 2011-02-22 10:23

I have waited for this one for a long time
This is an action packed series with a lot of humor

Midonin 2011-02-22 10:29

Getting some Baka Test vibes from the premise, but with less Hideyoshi. Anything that bills itself as a wacky comedy has my interest from the get-go.

SwiftStrike 2011-02-22 10:30

yay more light novels getting anime.

RRW 2011-02-22 12:57

seem interesting. there is high chance that this will darkhouse anime

serenade_beta 2011-02-23 01:37

Ohh...! This!
I know nothing about the story and haven't read it, but I once searched for light novels illustrated by the person who does Luminous Arc and found this.
But... The anime character designs =/= novel's art, so kind of worried...

totoum 2011-02-23 02:57

Quote:

Satō has just entered the fierce, no-holds-barred "supermarket survival battle" for half-price bentō.
I literaly LOLed after reading this,that alone makes me want to check this out when it comes out.

kuroishinigami 2011-02-24 11:08

Hmmm... doubt an adaptation would make this interesting. What makes the novel interesting was the monologue and the (hyperbolically) description of the bentou's deliciousness. Oh well, the anime should be a good marketing material for the novelist to rake up extra sales.

kemal_1915 2011-03-14 21:13

This novel got 6th place in "Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2009", 8th in 2010 and 5th in 2011.
So it is famous enough to get an anime, I wonder why they make it sooner.

Here is some of the characters:
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1...10e90ecd6f.jpg
On the right are our MCs: Sato Yo and Yarizui Sen

And here is one of the fight scenes:

And remember, they are fighting for a half-price Ben-to!

Mizuno 2011-03-15 02:02

lol these bentos better have some godly benefits if I have to risk my life over them! :heh:

Miraluka 2011-03-15 02:16

I'm looking Kngou Banchou there? :heh:

Fighting for the sake of delivering the bento of love... yay?

Seriously, I need at least to try those novels or the first l.n.

surerman 2011-03-15 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 3532064)
lol these bentos better have some godly benefits if I have to risk my life over them! :heh:

may be the eater can gain superhuman power?:D

If you see One Piece (the only episode I save to my HD) where Sanji get his overprotected-over food-syndrome), it's was such a good lesson to watch.

When starving, even if you have the whole world of money and your partner have a piece of bread, you'll likely abandon your money to grab his bread and won't stop till you get it.

Lets just see if this anime give such a good lesson like that and didn't focus over fight or joke.
*added to watching list*

MisaoFan 2011-07-03 15:33

Confirmed to air this fall.

Mizuno 2011-07-03 16:47

Source? :D

And if it's true, best Fall ever without a doubt.

Kunagisa 2011-07-03 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 3677601)
Source? :D

And if it's true, best Fall ever without a doubt.

According to moonphase, source is from this month's JumpSQ, which went on sale literally just now at 7/4 (I THINK).

Suzuku 2011-07-03 20:19

It's being produced by David Production (Level E).

Director: Itagaki Shin (Basquash, Kuroneko, Devil May Cry)
Series Composition: Fudeyasu Kazuyuki (Milky Holmes, Kampfer)
Character Design/Animation Director: Hirata Katsuzou (Angel Beats!)
Music: Iwasaki Taku (Kuroshitsuji, Kuroneko, Katanagatari, Gurren Lagann, Kekkaishi, Soul Eater, Witch Hunter Robin)

This could either be strangely satisfying or absolutely horrible. Best part is the music I guess.