AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   (L) Oriko Magica (Spinoff manga series) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102686)

Daniel E. 2011-03-15 02:50

Oriko Magica (Spinoff manga series)

And from the wiki:
release date: April 12th 2011
Story: Magica Quartet
Art: Mura Kuroe

A translation of the official website synopsis:

"Who is this girl that stand in front of Mami and Kyouko? Another story of Mami, Kyouko and Madoka that has never been shown in the anime."

Thread Guidelines

• Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Linking to scan sites or individual scanlating group sites are forbidden. An acceptable alternative is the series page on Mangaupdates.com.
  • Speculation and what-not is welcome. To make it easier on your fellow forum members, please enclose such speculation in clearly marked spoiler tags.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Dark Wing 2011-03-15 15:58

Oh a spin-off with Mami and Kyouko now this looks interesting. :)

Hagoshod 2011-03-18 18:37

ugh character re-designs are ugh.

totoum 2011-03-18 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagoshod (Post 3536598)
ugh character re-designs are ugh.

Same artist that did the episode 10 endcard

This has my interest because unlike the other spinoff manga it seems Urobuchi is behind the script of this one.
What will be interesting is that while many people are expecting this to be a prequel but something in the description makes me wonder if that's really the case,it says:"Another story of Mami, Kyouko and Madoka that has never been shown in the anime."

No Homura?So maybe this is an alternate timeline where Homura never became involved in the whole magical girl system?

Shadow5YA 2011-03-18 19:14

Or maybe this is before Madoka and Homura get involved. Remember that Mami and Kyoko became Puella Magi long before Madoka got involved in any timeline.

Perhaps they once worked together, but then something happened which ended in Kyoko leaving the city for another area.

Triple_R 2011-03-18 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3536607)
Same artist that did the episode 10 endcard

This has my interest because unlike the other spinoff manga it seems Urobuchi is behind the script of this one.
What will be interesting is that while many people are expecting this to be a prequel but something in the description makes me wonder if that's really the case,it says:"Another story of Mami, Kyouko and Madoka that has never been shown in the anime."

No Homura?So maybe this is an alternate timeline where Homura never became involved in the whole magical girl system?

Kazu-kun put forward a butterfly effect theory for how Madoka Magica might end. If that happens, then Homura and Sayaka never became magical girls in the first place, leaving only Mami, Kyouko, and Madoka...

Xacual 2011-03-18 19:47

I'm not entirely sure why but judging by personalities I would tend to think Kyoko was a magical girl before Mami so maybe we'll get to see that mentorship like Mami tried to mentor Sayaka and Madoka. Or maybe we'll have a third girl mentoring the both of them?

Arabesque 2011-03-18 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3536607)
seems Urobuchi is behind the script of this one.

As if it wasn't obvious how this was going to end :heh:

My guess is that this is a timeline where Homura doesn't appear in (as in she never meets Madoka) In a way, this could end up being interesting seeing if without Homura around how would thing play out (Would Madoka end up becoming a Witch here?)

zRyuu 2011-03-18 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 3536635)
Or maybe this is before Madoka and Homura get involved. Remember that Mami and Kyoko became Puella Magi long before Madoka got involved in any timeline.

Perhaps they once worked together, but then something happened which ended in Kyoko leaving the city for another area.

It's possible and I would really like the idea. Remember Mami told Sayaka in Ep 2 or was it 3? that she heard/knew about a girl that wished something for others and not for herself, but that story didn't have a happy ending. Maybe she was talking about Kyoko.

Raiga 2011-03-19 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by zRyuu (Post 3536751)
It's possible and I would really like the idea. Remember Mami told Sayaka in Ep 2 that she heard/knew about a girl that wished something for others and not for herself, but that story didn't have a happy ending. Maybe she was talking about Kyoko.

I'd totally forgotten about that. Nice observation; sounds plausible, especially since Mami and Kyouko never interacted in the anime so we don't know what their relationship was like (assuming they had one, which the premise of this manga seems to imply).

duckroll 2011-03-19 08:18

http://www.dokidokivisual.com/news/?ym=201103#350

Yesterday the publisher posted a notice on their site saying that Madoka Vol3 and Oriko Vol1 will both be delayed. They were originally slated to be released on 12th April together, timed to be out 2 weeks after the end of the anime broadcast.

This delay is probably due to the fact that the publisher is no longer certain that the anime will complete its broadcast before 12th April. It would not make sense for the manga adaptation to spoil the ending of the anime before it is broadcast, and it would not make sense for Oriko to be released either before the anime ends, since it was meant to be an "extension" of the story to keep fans busy even after the end of the anime.

There is currently no new release date for both manga, and a notice will be put up on the website when they have more details.

klare 2011-03-19 09:07

no surprise for a spin-off looking at the popularity of this show

one thing for sure, it will be very hard for the manga to present Mami's fighting style to be as cool as animated in the anime

Cosmic Eagle 2011-03-19 22:05

I'll be getting this when it is released. Kyouko and Mami? What's not to love...

And the artwork.....it's different, but it's not bad too....

Dark Wing 2011-04-20 08:48

Crazy Theory Time!

Spoiler:

yozaku 2011-04-22 02:40

cover for oriko volume 2

http://www.madoka-magica.com/books/img/books_oriko2.jpg

now i believe, oriko is a sequel

Snork 2011-04-22 07:46

too small... can't see who's in the background... and as to Madoka and Homura, wouldn't it make more sense with their positions reversed? :)

Dist 2011-04-22 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by yozaku (Post 3581304)
cover for oriko volume 2

http://www.madoka-magica.com/books/img/books_oriko2.jpg

now i believe, oriko is a sequel

How can it be a sequel if Madoka doesn't even exist anymore ?

Snork 2011-04-22 09:46

She does exist, unknown to the world. Actually, the mention of Madoka in the teaser headline made the idea of a prequel a bit weird, since even if Mami and Kyouko knew each other, they obviously went separate ways long before the whole Groundhog Month. It would have had to be different stories, one about Oriko/Mami/Kyouko, the other about Madoka [and, judging by the Vol 2 cover, Homura?].

The reason why everybody considered it a prequel was because nobody thought Mami and Kyouko would have really lived on in the end.

And if it is a sequel... Except speculahs. Mad speculahs. Oriko becoming a reincarnated Madoka or her medium. Or Madoka becoming able to roam around like Hamlet's father. Or whatever else. :heh:

zeniselv 2011-04-22 13:54

well it could be a prequel to the timline of the anime, and not to the whole thing itself.

christinemarie 2011-04-23 13:10

It's most likely a sequel, there is no indication that Kyouko and Mami disappeared as well in comparison with Homura who is in despair in the world she can't be with Madoka so she used up all her soul gem so she can be with her once again.