AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   The Walking Dead (AMC Series) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97263)

Dilla 2010-09-07 19:07

The Walking Dead (AMC Series)

Quote:

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.
Based off a 2003-ongoing comic.

Will watch.

justinstrife 2010-09-07 19:40

Looking forward to it. :)

james0246 2010-09-07 19:58

Yeah, I heard about this series over a year ago, and I have been eagerly awaiting it release since. A lot of the writers/directors of Breaking Bad (the best AMC drama, so much better than Mad Men) are working on the first season (sadly only 6 episodes), so my anticipation has only risen.

Spectacular_Insanity 2010-09-08 02:11

Zombehs!

I wanna watch it. I'm putting it on my TO DO list. :)

Irkalla 2010-09-08 02:31

I'm half sold on this, but I have to see the pilot to really decide if it's worth my time or just another plotless hack-slash zombie thing.

justinstrife 2010-09-08 03:00

All I gotta say is, put me in that world during the outbreak, and I'm joining half of Texas and going on a nationwide Zombie hunt. :p

Qikz 2010-09-08 03:41

I'm not really convinced by the trailer if I'm honest. I might wait to see the pilot.

ttdestroy 2010-09-08 07:58

If this wasn't on AMC I wouldn't even consider it but seeing as this ain't really their cup of tea, and they already have two award winning shows I'm in for the pilot at least.

Kyero Fox 2010-09-08 08:02

any news on when this is coming out? Ive been waiting for a Zombie TV Series. too many movies.

oh.. halloween........ obviously :eyeroll:

Sheba 2010-11-01 11:13

Who else have watched the first episode? I did and this felt great. The pacing was rather good, I can't really comment on the acting, but as far as the adaptation job is concerned, I am thoroughly satisfied by this first episode.

This series is a must see for zombie fans and people who were upset by the fanservice in Highschool of the Dead and wanted something with more drama and less anime sillyness.

Sides 2010-11-01 11:19

Watched it, and i liked it. Poor pony... I wonder how much the cost is for each episode is, i mean only props alone must have cost a fortune, for a TV series.

NorthernFallout 2010-11-01 13:12

Finally it arrived. And it sure delivered. Just plain excellence and beautifully destroyed land/cityscapes...

Dilla 2010-11-01 14:42

I loved it and I was genuinely disappointed that it was only a hour and a half premiere. I thought it was a two hour debut going into it.

james0246 2010-11-01 15:11

Very nicely done. Very few Zombie films focus on the real emotional power of a zombie in the family (what it does to the family dynamic, and what it can do to yourself as you are forced to deal with a loved one's change), or the simple pity one can feel for these ravaged creatures, but Walking Dead delivers both emotional high points quite powerfully. Damn good first episode, with very good make-up/prosthetics effects, very good acting (with some decent dialogue), and a great set-up for things to come.

Additionally, thank god the show is on at 10/9 PM and not earlier. I can now watch the Fox Sunday line-up, switch to Walking Dead, and then finish off the night with new Adult Swim shows. My Sunday vegetative state is now ensured for the next 5 weeks :)…

GuidoHunter_Toki 2010-11-01 19:12

james0246 bascially summed up my feelings about the show. The best, most emotional take on the zombie theme I've seen.

AMC once again delivers a stellar series. I doubt Walking Dead will reach the quality of Breaking Bad, but I still expect great things from this show.

justinstrife 2010-11-01 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3326734)
Very nicely done. Very few Zombie films focus on the real emotional power of a zombie in the family (what it does to the family dynamic, and what it can do to yourself as you are forced to deal with a loved one's change), or the simple pity one can feel for these ravaged creatures, but Walking Dead delivers both emotional high points quite powerfully. Damn good first episode, with very good make-up/prosthetics effects, very good acting (with some decent dialogue), and a great set-up for things to come.

Additionally, thank god the show is on at 10/9 PM and not earlier. I can now watch the Fox Sunday line-up, switch to Walking Dead, and then finish off the night with new Adult Swim shows. My Sunday vegetative state is now ensured for the next 5 weeks :)…

I agree completely. It was an excellent start, and I look forward to upcoming episodes.

Lost Cause 2010-11-01 21:11

Seen it and LOVED it!! Especially the "crawler" in the park! That one just blew me away! And the emotional turmoil of the Father and son who's mother/wife had been turned really tugged at me! It's a GREAT show and finally I have something to watch on Sunday nights!
Oh, and the lead character (the sheriff) uses a revolver, at least for a while! I hope you all took note of that?

Kyero Fox 2010-11-01 21:35

DAMN! I MISSED IT >< FFFUUUU

what channel does it come on?

NVM i got it, channel 55 here, is it gonna come on again today?

Dilla 2010-11-01 21:55

The first episode re-airs Friday at 10:00 pm.

Kyero Fox 2010-11-01 22:20

I really wish i had knew ahead of time...