AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Halo 2 is out!!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23552)

Keitaro 2004-11-09 19:32

Halo 2 is out!!!

Halo 2 is out, going to pick up my reserved copy later on today. I'm so excited! How about you guys?

mxg 2004-11-09 19:41

NOPE im a PS2 FAN ALL THE WAY alto i have HALO for PC but i could wait for the PC version......................and it old out at 1 am this morning at my EB games

Keitaro 2004-11-09 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxg
NOPE im a PS2 FAN ALL THE WAY alto i have HALO for PC but i could wait for the PC version......................and it old out at 1 am this morning at my EB games

Its only 2PM here. Stuck at work. :(

DingoEnderZOE2 2004-11-09 19:49

SHUT UP!!! SHUP UP!!! NO MORE ABOUT HALO 2!!! I'm already completely pissed because my plans to get it by Tuesday or Monday while waiting in a huge line with all the other Halo fans went up in smoke because I couldn't trust one person I decided to be nice to, to pay me back my money I loaned her before Monday. It's also bad enough that I'm being taunted by an unknown force because of that.(Come on I go downstairs to get me something to drink then out of nowhere the news talks about HALO 2. Plus it was on during alot of commercials and also theres Halo 2 day on G4-tv.) :Sigh: I guess maybe I will have no choice but to just wait until I get my next check to get it. Oh yea btw YES I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME!

hamiko_san 2004-11-09 21:53

10 things more, you never know.

Dhomochevsky 2004-11-09 22:16

Im still not sure if I should get Halo2 or Riddick (nightvision! :) ).
Ive played through Halo a couple of times, its a great game. Im a pc gamer usually, The XBox is at my parents house, I use it only when Im there sometimes over weekends or take it with me when I visit friends. So I didnt buy many games yet... Ive got to decide on one shooter here. ;)

mantidor 2004-11-09 22:18

The hype for this game is way over the top, just like fable. Microsoft have found a good tactic that I fear. Hype sells, no matter if the game is bad. Not saying fable is bad, but Ive heard it didnt live up to its expectations, and Ive heard the same thing about halo 2. This is a bad thing for gaming in general. It means they wont be putting their efforts on making a good game, but instead they'll put all they energy on hyping it.

Dhomochevsky 2004-11-09 22:24

I didnt notice any halo2 hype (except from this forum here ;) ). Maybe thats because I dont visit any xbox related sites.
But if a game is hyped, that doesnt mean its bad... (cs:s/hl2 :heh: )

mantidor 2004-11-09 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
I didnt notice any halo2 hype (except from this forum here ;) ). Maybe thats because I dont visit any xbox related sites.

truth is I spend way too much time in gaming forums ^^; and halo fanboys there were expecting nothing short of the second coming of Jesus, but then Halo 2's single player campain ended up too short, and you cant choose your type of game online, and some other issues, like visual glitches. Minor things, of course, but fanboys were crushed when they realized their game wasnt perfect.

dkellis 2004-11-09 22:38

Quote:

Well, if you count ilovebees.com as hype, then yes, the game is rather overhyped.

But at least it's creative hype.

Personally, I'd be getting the game no matter how hyped it is. Just for the story.

Dhomochevsky 2004-11-09 22:52

Short single player?
Whats short?.. shorter than the one in halo1?
I dont care for the mp at all... may be good, but it cant pc online games.. never (and splitscreen fights suck). So single player is all that counts here + Coop maybe.

OT:
I just had to do this one now:
http://home.t-online.de/home/maik.Lo...litz%20ava.gif

:heh:

Sugetsu 2004-11-09 23:18

Well Halo 1 wasn't that great either. I mean Medal of honor could wipe off the floor with halo...

So I don't see why halo 2 should be much better than let's say... doom 3 when not even in the tecnical aspects is up to doom's level.

Bloodrage256 2004-11-09 23:24

Well I think Halo is massively over ratted, Me and my friend beat it in a few hours or something...But yeah, Everyone at my school today was talking " HALO 2 HALO 2 HALO 2!!"
I had a kid in my science class, he was called to the office over the intercom and came back with a gargantuous smile and Halo 2 in his hands. I saw a kid after school walking out the front doors with Halo 2 in his hands...he didn't make it to far, 5 kids beat the shit out of him and ran with it.

Anyways, It does look very fun, But the main problem with Halo is the repetitive moments, some levels it's the same thing over and over...I'd be like " Dude you sure we haven't been here before?!" And the guns where somewhat lame. Hopefully they do more in this game...from what I see it should be nice.

Dhomochevsky 2004-11-09 23:26

I like scifi settings, so those games have a bonus. ;)
but doom3 sucks imo. I really tried to play it through but got bored everytime after 10 minutes. so, this is not a reference.
Now, what about that halo2 single player? It should be at least as long as the first one, that would be ok.

mantidor 2004-11-09 23:29

Quote:

Short single player?
Whats short?.. shorter than the one in halo1?

yup, Ive read its too short and the ending isnt good, its like a nice single player, but definately not great. Ive read people saying its 10 hours long at best. For an absolutely amazing single player experience Id play Metroid Prime or MP2.

Quote:

OT:
I just had to do this one now:
http://home.t-online.de/home/maik.Lo...litz%20ava.gif

:heh:

O_o! its my trademark! dont use it >_<! nice effect ^_^ but seriously dont use it :hmm:

dragonz20 2004-11-09 23:35

it's a lot of fun if you wanna play a version of unreal tourney online. best online console game. there's close to no slowdown at all. don't know about the storymode. only been thru 3 stages.

Bloodrage256 2004-11-09 23:54

I just read a couple reviews most of them say the story is amazingly lame, and it only takes about 8 hours to beat the game. =(

Sounds like another overhype, But I still look forward to playing it.

Cichlisuite 2004-11-10 00:03

I got it 12 midnight yesterday freezing my ass off infront my local gamstop >.<
So far its pretty good but not ground breaking. It feels more like an expansion to the original halo than a seperate game/sequel.

DingoEnderZOE2 2004-11-10 00:41

Okay for the guys who talk about overhype I would like you guys to name one game that lived up to a hype and it was pretty much perfect Fable is soooo not an good example. Fable at best was not a great game to me.It was extremly short(For an RPG that is extremely unacceptable),not enough side missions and once I beat the game on the good side and light side it was easily forgotten. Best RPG ever my butt. And there is no such thing as the perfect game since not everyone thinks the same. We all have different opinions. There will always be someone out their who will say "This game was overhyped.Because It's "this" and "that" blah blah blah.Also people expect WAYYY TOO MUCH in some of these hyped games. And when the game isn't what they expected it becomes a overhyped game right there and we get alot of shady reviews.A hyped game doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. A hyped game does it's part if it's fun as hell to play in my opinion. And I know Halo 2 will be a fun game and won't suffer the same fate as Fable. And come on people did any of you seriously expect the Halo 2 story mode to be 17 hours?

JubeiYamazaki 2004-11-10 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantidor
The hype for this game is way over the top, just like fable. Microsoft have found a good tactic that I fear. Hype sells, no matter if the game is bad. Not saying fable is bad, but Ive heard it didnt live up to its expectations, and Ive heard the same thing about halo 2. This is a bad thing for gaming in general. It means they wont be putting their efforts on making a good game, but instead they'll put all they energy on hyping it.

Well see, Halo 2 is actually deserved of the hype compared to Fable. And imo, Halo 2 was way more pushed then Fable, Fable was the whole "Wow finally a good RPG for the XBOX", while Halo 2 had the whole "OMG OMG ITS HALO2" style hype to it. I knew Fable was going to "fail" (in what I wanted from the game) when there was no XBOX Live content for it, for a game that hyped NOT to have a content download option, I knew they didn't put enough effort into the rest of it outside core ideas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantidor
yup, Ive read its too short and the ending isnt good, its like a nice single player, but definately not great. Ive read people saying its 10 hours long at best. For an absolutely amazing single player experience Id play Metroid Prime or MP2.

That literally amazes me, how people care about single player when playing Halo 2. Halo has always been a party/multi-person style of game, what made the game so dope wasn't because it was a FPS done right for a console, but it was also fun as hell with friends weither doing co-op or deathmatches. That's why I'm so hyped about it, because it has XBOX Live, meaning I can frag like 12 different people without needing 3 systems hooked up.

If I wanted an intense story mode for an FPS I'd probably get Doom 3 or as you mentioned Metroid Prime. But for all the other reasons I'm buying Halo 2, (playing with friends, XBOX Live, ease, and fun factor) I'll buy Halo 2. They fixed most of the issues that was wrong with the first game, and added new features without taking away all the stuff that made Halo dope in the first place.