AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120505)

Kairin 2013-07-06 22:34

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

MeisterBabylon 2013-07-07 00:42

Kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! The magificent loli and the ero-buddy retuuuuuuurn!!

jeroz 2013-07-07 02:27

so far looks good. Still not a big fan of Illya's voice but I guess they can't really change it. As a manga reader I find this first episode decent.

ZeroSama 2013-07-07 04:20

Illya-chan:love:, Luvia-sama:bow:, rin......:nono:. Hopefully rin won't be to big a part of this.

Densetsuhakai 2013-07-07 05:39

Well,that was delightful. :D
Kinda strange to see your favourite Actiondrama Characters in a Action/Comedy/Mahou shoujo setting.Definitively going to continue to watch this series.Since it seems to be a interesting spin off,maybe I will pick up the Manga sometime soon as well. :)

Dextro 2013-07-07 06:06

That was insanely funny. Just the kind of thing I was missing after Carnival Phantasm ended :heh:

D-KLAC 2013-07-07 06:58

well after seeing this i might hang around to watch magical illya series.

give how it goes might good stuff to watch & with already sentai got license that most already assume that sheh & mela back again for it dub version.

& saber like characters will re-cast dub again.

ookamigirl 2013-07-07 07:49

This is an unusual version of Fate series.
All the same characters, just in a different story.
This is like Fate meets Mahou Shoujo.
The bathroom part was totally ROFL though.
This is too much magic loli for my taste.
Dropping it.

GDB 2013-07-07 09:56

Loved it. Good adaptation, looking forward to more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ookamigirl (Post 4750314)
This is too much magic loli for my taste.

You couldn't tell it would be full of magic loli from just the promo images, let alone the PVs?

Shinhwa 2013-07-07 17:24

I wonder what plans Type-Moon has for prioritizing this series over Heaven's Feel route :I

Unknown Soldier 2013-07-07 18:41

It's fair to say that this first episode exceeded all expectations I could have had for it.

The censorship during the bathroom scene was quite hilarious. Literally Illya's entire body was a patch of white. They aren't even being subtle about how badly they want people to buy the BDs at this point. I hope the BDs sell well so they will also animate 2wei!

Myssa Rei 2013-07-07 19:22

I just love how the voice of Kohaku just gives Ruby that diabolical "I'll do it anyway because it's funny" edge.

DorkingtonPugsly 2013-07-07 19:38

Well that was lovely. Just what I was expecting. Illya's cuteness is just out of this world.
I quite like this rendition of the characters too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier (Post 4750979)
The censorship during the bathroom scene was quite hilarious. Literally Illya's entire body was a patch of white. They aren't even being subtle about how badly they want people to buy the BDs at this point. I hope the BDs sell well so they will also animate 2wei!

Yeah I might have to get the blurays myself. I desperately need her uncensored.

Shinhwa 2013-07-07 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 4751030)
I just love how the voice of Kohaku just gives Ruby that diabolical "I'll do it anyway because it's funny" edge.

Ruby and Sapphire are both based on Kohaku and Hisui afterall! XD

Algent 2013-07-07 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4750897)
I wonder what plans Type-Moon has for prioritizing this series over Heaven's Feel route :I

Only mentally sicks people want to see Heaven Feel adapted :sad:.
Anyway it's not the right place to speak about it ^^'.

About that episode well, probably the most boring start I saw in a while, I'm going to leave them 3ep but right now I'm not interested at all by what I saw.

Master_Yoma 2013-07-07 21:21

Very nice and funny start

gecd 2013-07-08 00:58

another good OP song from ChouCHou:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier (Post 4750979)
It's fair to say that this first episode exceeded all expectations I could have had for it.

at least it was more dignified censorship than BETA laser class

Malkuth 2013-07-08 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4750897)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algent (Post 4751141)
Only mentally sicks people want to see Heaven Feel adapted :sad:.

Greetings from another mentally sick person :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algent (Post 4751141)
Anyway it's not the right place to speak about it ^^'.

Since there is no thread to discuss it alone, let me constrain the arguments on the original statement: "Why adapt Illya instead of Sakura" since it has more to do with Illya, the original creator, and many of the complains I read here.

First of all Illya is based on a manga which as a medium is easier to adapt in an anime than a visual novel route. Second Sakura's route is hard to read/watch, the atmosphere is grim, hopeless, and the ending is quite bitter; all of which make it very unpopular. Illya's manga is the polar opposite... light-hearted, self-referential, and filled with positive energy which makes it easy to watch. Consider how studios almost always tone down novel material in fear of losing a major part of the audience (recent examples are Shin Sekai yori, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero). Illya has the only the danger that it will get banned in some ultra-conservative countries, which are a niche market and almost always ignored when having to make executive decisions.

Now personally, I'd rather watch HF, but realistically speaking if it ever gets adapted it will have to be modified so much, that it won't be interesting anymore (like the PS-all-age-version). Now preferring to watch something, does not mean that I can not enjoy (for different reasons) what they actually do offer, Illya in our case. I definitely don't want Type-Moon to become like Key creating new games/novels every couple of years by changing only the background story and the school uniforms. They do put out new work, and when it's not convenient to animate, there is still a plethora of spin-offs and doujinshi to work with.

ReddyRedWolf 2013-07-08 05:42

Mai Kadowaki's voice gave me a heart attack. Miyu Matsuki is recognizable as she recently voice Kuuko in Nyaruko.

LOL at the Are you my master position with Illya and Rin.

Being post Madoka and Ruby with those orbs on the side with those wings like ears Illya is suspicious of the magical girl offer.

Unknown Soldier 2013-07-08 06:37

Illya's just genre-savvy, that's all. And she's probably seen Madoka, she's smart to initially turn Ruby down.