AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can't seem to put up a new avatar. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21308)

aahhsin 2004-09-29 20:56

can't seem to put up a new avatar.

Well, only in the Custome avatar feature.

I'm sure it's 100x100 under 50kb. Yadda yadda.

Just won't upload. Anyone having the same problem?

NoSanninWa 2004-09-29 21:00

Interestingly Lexander just told me that he has the same problem. I'm suddenly wondering if there is something wrong with the forum.

davidlionheartZ 2004-09-29 21:16

dont know if this is the right place to post this~

Um i have a prob my avatar wont show as it did before i mean i choose another avatar but it wouldnt let me then now i deleted my old avatar cuz it wouldnt accepted it and now it would let me even put any avatar from my pc just the gallery ones can anyone help me plz :help:

NoSanninWa 2004-09-29 21:26

I just attempted to change my own avatar and failed. We've definitely got a problem here. Unfortunately it is beyond my ability to deal with so we'll have to wait for GHDpro or Mb81 to take a loot at it. I'd bet that MB81 was fiddling with the server settings to improve our performance and made a tiny boo-boo.

Sorry, for not taking your problem more seriously Lex. It seems that I can only change avatars in the admin console. On the bright side, if I hadn't tried, you wouldn't be going "Mero mero me~" now. ;)

Superchop 2004-09-29 22:09

Hmm...that's strange...i was able to change my ava...i changed it to a couple different ones...(only unless the problem was fixed in the time between this post and NoSanninWa's)

i'll leave it changed for now to show that i was able to change it...but i'll change it back to my original either later tonight...or tomorrow

davidlionheartZ 2004-09-29 22:28

nada

well i still cant do nada nothing so the prob still going on =/

hobobaggins 2004-09-29 22:42

<--- had the same problem. repeated uploading solves this. (upload spaaam!)

also you might want to try both URL linking and off your computer.

hooliganj 2004-09-29 23:08

Hmm, I just switched to a 45k animated avatar on the first try. Maybe this is also tied to the server being under heavy load during the day?

I'll leave Kisaragi-mama to dance for a couple of days before I switch back, as proof that it still works.

hobobaggins 2004-09-29 23:21

did you upload from PC, or from URL? that could be the difference ^^

davidlionheartZ 2004-09-29 23:28

O_o

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobobaggins

UUUhhhhhh it works now :thinker:

hooliganj 2004-09-30 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobobaggins

I uploaded straight from the PC, no problem.

sarcasteak 2004-09-30 02:48

I don't have any problems, either, so I guess it's resolved now?

NoSanninWa 2004-09-30 03:02

I'm afraid that I still can't upload a new avatar so I don't think it is resolved.

_Sin_ 2004-09-30 09:50

Could I request that the bug where you don't get a Pop-up for new PMs gets fixed as well since Mb81/GHDpro have to look into the forum software anyway?

GHDpro 2004-09-30 10:00

Did some tests of my own, and couldn't duplicate the problem. Since I don't have direct
access to the scripts (that are on the server) nor database access etc, let alone access to
the server in general, I don't really have the ability to fix it.

What's the error you get btw? The generic "your avatar is not 100x00 etc. etc" or something?

NoSanninWa 2004-09-30 16:47

It still doesn't work for me.

There isn't any error message. It simply doesn't happen. When I click on the "save changes" button the page reloads as it is supposed to, but the avatar hasn't changed. (I know there isn't any problem with the avatar because I'm trying to switch back to my classic av.)

aahhsin 2004-09-30 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It still doesn't work for me.

There isn't any error message. It simply doesn't happen. When I click on the "save changes" button the page reloads as it is supposed to, but the avatar hasn't changed. (I know there isn't any problem with the avatar because I'm trying to switch back to my classic av.)

yay it finally worked! I just kept uploading again and again.

hooliganj 2004-09-30 19:51

Now I can't switch either. I tried loading off of photobucket 5 times, and then straight from my PC ~10 more times. I'll try again tonight to see if server load affects this, since that helped with the 'Loading Error' problems.

Superchop 2004-09-30 20:36

Hmm...i still haven't had any problems changing my ava...a while ago i changed back to my normal one and i never got an error (uploaded straight from pc)

I'll try again randomly over the night to see if anything goes wrong...

--EDIT--

Well...guess i spoke too soon :heh: right after i posted this i tested it out and it didn't let me change my ava...

hobobaggins 2004-09-30 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahhsin
yay it finally worked! I just kept uploading again and again.

score one for the HoBo.

you know im gonna tell you i told you so :D ... .... except for those who may smite me.