AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Little Busters - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116772)

Kairin 2012-12-14 12:38

Little Busters - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Team Rocket Elite 2012-12-15 20:56

A pretty good episode. I thought they did a good job merge the two plots together along with many of the test of courage route variations. I wish they used Mio a bit more though. It took a long time before they bothered introducing her and now she still isn't getting much screen time.

MartianMage 2012-12-15 20:59

I feel like... I've wasted 22 minutes of my life with this episode...

It was utterly pointless and I didn't even like this episode.

Klashikari 2012-12-15 21:14

I really didn't expect the test of courage would take the full episode, and color me quite... annoyed by that.
It is yet again another episode that is way too slow to have its own setup and pacing, which lead to some "filler-ish" impression instead of having a successions of "fun stuff" but still focused on making a team for a baseball match (however random Kyousuke may be with his non baseball activities).

Really, the person(s) in charge of the script have little idea of the priorities, and it is alarming to see that we are in a half intro/half every day events period despite it is already the 11th episode, with only 3 factoring Komari's arc.
If they really wanted to give character interactions and developments, they shouldn't take tons of random fun sequences from the VN out of their order, but instead use the main ones, which are conveniently a good chunk related to baseball practice.

As of now, remove this episode, and it contribute really little to what happened so far, be it in term of plot or characters. It really sounds like an OVA/side story to be honest, which can work for a VN to have several SoL scenes as "interlude". But for a narrative style in anime format? Not really.

At least, the first half was sort of better animated, although things nosedived with marble and corridor CGI and the "ghost" scenes.

Side random rant: Wait... wait, is it me or they finally made Haruka call Yuiko "Anego"? It... came out of nowhere, I almost thought it would never occur. nonetheless that's quite a huge leap from their absolutely lack of interactions the past 5-6 episodes :heh:
And then switching to... yui-nee? Err what?

Aesthetic Shampoo 2012-12-15 21:20

...It's like every Sunday i have to watch a show that's almost entirely comprised of pointless, boring, filler episodes.

~Yami~ 2012-12-16 02:42

yay... another filler...
in this pace, I think Little Busters! will need around 50 episodes to finish like Clannad did :heh:

I like the teams so much... manly team, scared-cute girls team, and finally anego with her two followers team :heh:

Benigmatica 2012-12-16 08:47

Man, are we sure that J.C.Staff is not wasting their time doing random things?

Triple_R 2012-12-16 09:05

I enjoyed this episode. I found it amusing, cute, relaxing, and pleasantly silly.

Nonetheless, I can see where more critical posts are coming from. I think that the LB! anime is suffering from the case of where what's there is good, but it's so off from what's expected that it nonetheless disappoints many viewers.

By Episode 11 of a Key anime, most people expect lots of emotional impact and heartwarming drama. And this episode is decidedly lighter than that. And this anime as a whole has been decidedly lighter the entire time with the exception of the last episode or two of the Komari arc.

Speaking of the Komari arc, it's hard to understand JC Staff devoting so little time to it when they're devoting so much time to expanding out these sorts of "minor quests" episodes.

Right now, LB! comes off to me as a Tari Tari-esque mostly lighthearted vaguely "slice of life" type of show. I appreciate it at that level, but I certainly get the impression from VN players that this isn't what LB! is all about.

Silverwyrm 2012-12-16 10:45

so I had a good laugh at the "its just a corpse" line

bhl88 2012-12-16 12:12

Something dramatic on the next episode... probably...

Kanon 2012-12-16 12:18

That was pointless... yet amusing... but mostly pointless. This little test of courage shouldn't have taken up the whole episode.

The ending was very silly. A freaking bird, what :heh:

ThereminVox 2012-12-16 13:01

I like most of these characters, but if I didn't know any better, I'd think the anime had no idea where it was going with any of this, and was just faffing about to buy time. But that's impossible, because it's adapted from a long-completed VN. Not only that, but one that has a fairly good sized following.

Anyway, not my favorite episode by a long shot, though some good moments. I'm starting to think I should just go through the VN, which I'd avoided because I thought it would take too long, but at the pace the anime is going, I feel like I could start now, and still lap them before the end.

kitten320 2012-12-16 15:05

Creators sure love to waist time here... really, with such pacing I feel like they could fit everything in 12 episodes...

Well at least it looks like we will have Mio's arc next... hopefully.

Burden 2012-12-16 20:41

They're wasting a surprising amount of time. One arc in one season...?

Sound of Azure 2012-12-16 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 4477186)
I enjoyed this episode. I found it amusing, cute, relaxing, and pleasantly silly.

Right now, LB! comes off to me as a Tari Tari-esque mostly lighthearted vaguely "slice of life" type of show. I appreciate it at that level, but I certainly get the impression from VN players that this isn't what LB! is all about.

To be honest, these light-hearted moments have been the best parts of the show for me so far. Hopefully JC staff can do a good job with the future arcs. I don't have much of an opinion on Mio so far, so I hope her bit is enjoyable, and not too over the top.

Regarding the episode, the whole eagle thing came out of nowhere for me, but the rest of the episode was a lot of fun. The characters were clumped up in groups that corresponded to how much I enjoy their parts, which was amusing.

ronelm2000 2012-12-16 21:59

Lol a Test of Courage + a Mysterious Lifeform plotz. Win. As least, for me. :P

Texas84 2012-12-16 23:18

So why can't it just be fun? I enjoyed the heck out of that.

I guess we'll never find out what happened in the principal's office. I kept expecting Kawasumi Mai to show up and help.

Archon_Wing 2012-12-16 23:24

Well, how fitting! That's exactly what I was thinking about this episode. :heh:
http://i.imgur.com/jup0S.jpg

I was pretty much like Mio the whole episode, barely awake.

The hell? This episode might as well not exist. Sure, filler fun bringing up the idea of slow peaceful days was nice but it's sooo flat. I mean those poorly drawn springs really drive home the episode-- stretching something out for so long will ruin it, even if it's good.

The best way to describe this episode was that it was burned on the outside and raw on the inside, though the rather lousy animation/visuals are just >.> Mio and Anego are worth +3 for 4/10. That just shows you how much I think about the episode without them... and they didn't even do much. :p

Edit: Well, eagle was awesome. Why did they name it tweety?

Team Rocket Elite 2012-12-16 23:51

In Japanese it was Pi-chan. I think "Pi" can be used as an onomatopoeia for bird tweeting so the subbers went with Tweety.

Gohan78 2012-12-17 05:38

The test of courage was one of the funniest parts of the VN, so I was pretty disappointed by this adaptation. Again this director shows a lack of sense of timing and the jokes fell flat to me (except maybe a couple of gags). They stretched the plot too much, even including the subplot about the "mysterious lifeform". Considering that we are almost at the halfway point with only Komari's arc resolved, I am worried.