AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Zettai Shonen (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26338)

Kaoru Chujo 2006-09-11 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
No props for Toyonaga Toshiyuki, Kaoru? I thought he gave one of the best performances of the year.

My mistake. He certainly did. His character tied the show together. I could also mention Saitou Chiwa's medium-sized role as the little sister. Well-made show all-round. Although I did enjoy the first half more than the second.

Guardian Enzo 2006-09-11 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
My mistake. He certainly did. His character tied the show together. I could also mention Saitou Chiwa's medium-sized role as the little sister. Well-made show all-round. Although I did enjoy the first half more than the second.

Pretty much sums it up. If the Tana arc had been a 12 episode complete series (which in my mind, I suppose it was) it might be one of my all-time top 10.

martino 2006-10-08 07:28

OK. I have the "lost" pages from the ZS thread. Does anyone have any idea on what would be the best way of formatting them?

test
test
test
test
test

gsdgfhfd

[hr]

nfgngdmndgm

cdkobasiuk 2008-01-14 21:49

I just finished watching ZS and I was very happy with it. At first I kept comparing the winter arc to the summer arc and feeling dissatisfied but by the end I felt the summer arc would have had no meaning without the winter arc. I feel the whole point was how people and faries change when they come in contact with each other (all the permutations).

cdk

Guardian Enzo 2008-01-14 21:52

Blast from the past!

The Yokohama arc was ultimately satisfying, but taken as a whole definitely the weaker of the two. The first half of this series in among my all-time favorites.

Saber Cherry 2008-01-15 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 1343602)
Blast from the past!

The Yokohama arc was ultimately satisfying, but taken as a whole definitely the weaker of the two. The first half of this series in among my all-time favorites.

I liked the first half a lot. On ANN, I would have given it a 9/10. But the series was dragged town by the second half. It was interesting, and came to a satisfying conclusion, but... it lacked the goosebump-forming sense of mystery in the first half. And the characters - unlike those of the first half - were mostly annoying and uncharismatic. So, I rated it 8/10 overall. But it is certainly worth seeing for the first half alone.

Proto 2008-01-15 00:38

Hmm.... I guess I must come back from the past to defend the second half. IMHO the reason many people didn't like it was because the background theme and values it tried to convey were essentially different from the first half. While the first half tried to express the value of understanding of your surroundings, the most important theme in the second half was understanding of ourselves, and as such it became much more introspective in nature. This is another way to view the ambivalence of the two fighting forces in Zettai Shounen. Both parts are important and necessary to understand the whole message of the series.

Deiwos 2008-06-05 02:41

Cat from Zettai Shounen

I wasn't sure where to post this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience I've made.
I need your help indetifying the breed of that cat from Zettai Shounen Anime series.
Its name's Okaka Baba. It played a major role in plot of this series.

I would like to know the name of the race.
If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Veritas 2008-06-06 18:48

It was just an ancient calico cat.

Also, there's already a Zettai Shounen thread, but hard to find as the last post was 5 months ago.

Hajiki 2008-09-10 01:50

Currently on the second Episode of the Second Arc. I can definitely begin to agree that I like the first Arc better but I will wait until the end of it before saying anything. Other then that I remember watching this a long time ago .... never really got into it until now.... and I am loving it so far ^^.

This anime does seems to go by a little slower though, but that is a good thing in such an anime like Zettai Shonen ^^.

Guardian Enzo 2009-06-10 00:56

I'm going to top this, just on the off chance someone will see it, read how much this great show was loved, and give it a chance. Why? I just stumbled across episode 1 again and it really brought back just how great this series was.

REEPER 2009-07-03 06:30

I really enjoyed this anime, if I remember rightly it was based off a novel of sorts. If so, have there been any other novels continuing the story, or taking place in the same universe, that could be animated one day ?

Guardian Enzo 2009-07-03 15:00

I know that it is based on a light novel, but I don't recall any information about a sequel or larger series.

Kaoru Chujo 2009-07-03 15:21

What a great show this was.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 2490183)
I know that it is based on a light novel, but I don't recall any information about a sequel or larger series.

I think the novel was based on the anime. The two volumes of the novel came out in August and December of 2005, whereas the anime aired beginning in May.

From their titles, the two novel volumes match the two parts of the series. So I don't think there's any more to do, unless director Mochizuki Tomomi wants to get more written.

I think it's more likely we will see something totally new done by the same staff. Mochizuki went on to write Touka Gettan, and to direct both Shinigami no Ballad and Porfy no Nagai Tabi. The writer of Zettai Shounen was Itou Kazunori, who wrote all the .hack shows. By the way, Mochizuki had a great previous track record, having written and directed Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ~Quiet Country Cafe~.

Guardian Enzo 2009-07-03 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2490235)
What a great show this was.

Tell me about it. I'm in the middle of re-watching the Tana arc for the first time since it aired. It's a reminder of how special ZS is. I love how the pacing is natural, without any concessions to artificial dramatic demands - it's like spying an unseen glance on the lives of the characters. I love how Tana and everyone in it is a character. I love how each of the Miyama sisters is unique and memorable. And I love how Ayumu perfectly captures that awkwardness of early male adolescence, uncomfortable in his own skin and baffled by the behavior of everyone around him. The writing is pretty spectacular - Ayu's "Normal things" may be my favorite line of dialogue from all of 2005.

Proto 2009-07-03 19:02

Wow, necromancy ftw! But indeed, this was quite a good series. A shame I haven't seen more series like this recently. I can only think of Asatte no Houkou actually.

REEPER 2011-07-03 18:52

Bringing this thread back from the dead once more. I wanted to know if anyone had come across an anime of the same sort, I want to feel nostalgic whilst discovering a new story. I personally haven't come across anything like it since, following this subtle masterpiece on a weekly basis was a pleasure.

Guardian Enzo 2011-07-03 23:47

I would recommend Sarai-ya Goyou, by the same director (Tomomi Mochizuki). Subject matter is very different, but it has the same wistful tone, relaxed pacing and magnificent ability to create atmospherics.

REEPER 2011-07-04 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3678020)
I would recommend Sarai-ya Goyou, by the same director (Tomomi Mochizuki). Subject matter is very different, but it has the same wistful tone, relaxed pacing and magnificent ability to create atmospherics.

Many thanks for the recommendation, I’ll certainly have a look at it.

It really would be nice to see something new in the zettai shounen universe, but I suppose it would be difficult to reproduce the same gradual transition from the normal to the supernatural.

Tactics 2011-07-06 03:20

I thought there's no ZS thread in AS :heh:

It's truly recommended for those who's looking for a masterpiece.

First half explained a grown-up boy problems.
When the second half is explaining, how a girl withstand her society after being torn by the reality that she needs to be mature to handle those things.

I'm already watched it four times.
I'm really addicted by how the story progressed :heh: