AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/Extra RPG Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90411)

Nerroth 2010-07-14 17:23

There are two flash games up.

The first one, with Caster Extra, is at this link; there's a Saber Extra game up, too.

Try not to play either at work.

Spoiler for Saber Extra game:

Flinch 2010-07-15 10:36

Anyone got pics of all the new characters?

Cherry_Lover 2010-07-16 15:58

Actually, judging by the new Saber minigame they've released, she's some kind of Roman aristocrat. It's not certain who yet, but she's almost certainly not Joan of Arc. Although, interestingly, a "Roman aristocrat" could just about fit with her being Arturia....

GDB 2010-07-16 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover (Post 3143963)
Although, interestingly, a "Roman aristocrat" could just about fit with her being Arturia....

How? Italy and Whales are quite far away.

Flinch 2010-07-16 16:44

Arthurian mythology

Cai, his foster brother, was roman, as was Cai's father, Ector.

Arthur's legends stems from 6th century Britain

Cherry_Lover 2010-07-16 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 3144018)
How? Italy and Whales are quite far away.

Yes, but the Roman empire was also very big, and included (most of) Britain.

The time of King Arthur was when the Roman empire was collapsing (or, rather, had collapsed, by his time), and they withdrew their armies from Britain in order to defend the core of the empire, leading to the invasion of various 'barbarian' tribes (IIRC, the Saxons were actually invited to come there to fight off other invaders, and then decided to take Britain for themselves).

Since Arthur was high-ranked Briton (obviously...), it's likely that he would have been Romanised, and thus it's not inconsistent with those videos for Red Saber to be Arturia.

RadiantBeam 2010-07-17 09:33

Well, it certainly looks like it could be a lot of fun. The new world designs look cool, and it's a very nice surprise to see that this time around Rin has been partnered up with Lancer; I'd love to see that since those two were quite a pair in UBW.

All in all, I think it's definitely very promising. If a patch was released for the game, I'd definitely find it.

Flinch 2010-07-20 01:50

Arthur was not born in Whales like his sisters, but England itself. Tintagel (I might've misspelled that) was the castle/fiefdom of Igraine's husband, whom she betrayed out of her love for Uther. The Duke of Tintagel (I can't remember his name) was the father of 3 daughters, (forget the first one, she really didn't have a role), Morgaine (who wed Lot of Orkney, and had four sons, Gawain, Agravain, Gaheris, and Gareth), and Morganna (also known as Morgan le Fay, who was the mother of Mordred). NONE of them are Roman, but in fact, British. Additionally, Arthur isn't really his name, it was Gwydion by birth, Arthur was the shortened form of Arcturius, given to him by the Saxons. Gawain was known as Gwalchmei, Galahad I known as Lancelot (meaning Elf Arrow), and Gwydion II known as Mordred (meaning Evil Council... ironic)

Do not try me on Arthurian mythology, you are almost guaranteed to lose.

Arbitres 2010-07-20 08:18

Quote:

Tintagel (I might've misspelled that)
Arbitres grammar nazi squad coming through! *scans* Your clean, Flinch. It's spelled correctly. :)

Quote:

Well, it certainly looks like it could be a lot of fun. The new world designs look cool, and it's a very nice surprise to see that this time around Rin has been partnered up with Lancer; I'd love to see that since those two were quite a pair in UBW.

All in all, I think it's definitely very promising. If a patch was released for the game, I'd definitely find it.
Indeed. To summarize it beautifully:

Spoiler for bit of language:

Cherry_Lover 2010-07-20 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flinch (Post 3149293)
Arthur was not born in Whales like his sisters, but England itself. Tintagel (I might've misspelled that) was the castle/fiefdom of Igraine's husband, whom she betrayed out of her love for Uther. The Duke of Tintagel (I can't remember his name) was the father of 3 daughters, (forget the first one, she really didn't have a role), Morgaine (who wed Lot of Orkney, and had four sons, Gawain, Agravain, Gaheris, and Gareth), and Morganna (also known as Morgan le Fay, who was the mother of Mordred). NONE of them are Roman, but in fact, British. Additionally, Arthur isn't really his name, it was Gwydion by birth, Arthur was the shortened form of Arcturius, given to him by the Saxons. Gawain was known as Gwalchmei, Galahad I known as Lancelot (meaning Elf Arrow), and Gwydion II known as Mordred (meaning Evil Council... ironic)

Do not try me on Arthurian mythology, you are almost guaranteed to lose.

Well, whilst you're right in terms of modern-day geography (Tintagel is in Cornwall), the meaning of the word "England" is "land of the Angles", and the word "Wales" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word for "foreigner". So, whilst King Arthur's birthplace was in what would be modern-day England (although there are a lot of Cornish people who don't like that idea, because Cornwall, like Wales itself, was an independant kingdom for some time after the Kingdom of England formed, has it's own language (which is very closely related to Welsh) and has a natively Celtic culture, rather than the Germanic culture that the rest of England has (thanks to the Saxons)), at the time it was part of what would now be called "Wales" (although at the time it was just "Britain"), as opposed to "England", which was (by definition) occupied by the Saxons.

You may know a lot about Arthurian mythology, but when it comes to British geography, you don't have a chance, because I am actually British.

Nerroth 2010-07-20 12:08

Song.

Flinch 2010-07-20 12:14

I'm more skilled with geography on a worldwide scale than that of an individual country. I was unaware that London was a part of Wales in the 6th century.

Either way, the red looks simply awful.

Also, is anyone else reminded of Rozen Maiden when they hear that song? It sounds a LOT like the opening to Rozen Maiden Traumend. (I'm too lazy to put in the umlaut)

Cherry_Lover 2010-07-20 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flinch (Post 3149950)
I'm more skilled with geography on a worldwide scale than that of an individual country. I was unaware that London was a part of Wales in the 6th century.

Well, it's more that Cornwall (Cornwall is nowhere near London, and the Saxons may well have conquered London by then, I'm not entirely sure) was part of the area ruled by the ancient Britons (who Arthur led, and who were the ancestors of the Welsh) back then, as opposed the part of the area ruled by the Anglo-Saxons (who are the ancestors of the English). The name "Wales" was an Anglo-Saxon word that may not have existed back then, and if it did Arthur certainly wouldn't have used it.

Flinch 2010-07-20 15:12

Arthur was in London as the Saxons invaded it again. Cai did not have a sword, so he sent Arthur to fetch his. He saw Caliburn, and drew it, and ran back to Cai. He finds Cai with a mace, standing over a dead guy (Cai received a wound to his leg which made him forever walk with a limp at that point) and Ector, recognizing the sword, instantly kneeled before his king.

The Saxons were repelled, and Merlin told Arthur to seek the aid of King Leodgrance, who was one of the few "Rival Kings" that was determined to keep the Pendragon throne for Arthur. Oddly enough, Leodgrance was under siege, yet was saved by Arthur and his handful of knights. Leodgrance gave Arthur his allegiance, both of his sons as noble knights (Bedivere and Lucas, who were ironically the last two knights Arthur had) and his daughter, Guinevere. Oh, and let us not forget the most important gift, the round table.

Nerroth 2010-07-22 01:27

There's a somewhat NSFW vid of what happens if/when you complete the Saber flash game.

Oh, and the game is out today in Japan, apparently.

Keroko 2010-07-22 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover (Post 3143963)
Actually, judging by the new Saber minigame they've released, she's some kind of Roman aristocrat. It's not certain who yet, but she's almost certainly not Joan of Arc. Although, interestingly, a "Roman aristocrat" could just about fit with her being Arturia....

Roman? And nobody called Julius Ceasar yet? I'm surprised.

GDB 2010-07-22 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 3153534)
Roman? And nobody called Julius Ceasar yet? I'm surprised.

I think most people are hoping they don't do another random gender bending for nouveau Saber.

Cherry_Lover 2010-07-22 13:56

Spoiler for Red Saber's identity:

mAc Chaos 2010-07-22 14:51

lool, not that twist again. :P It only works once.

Cherry_Lover 2010-07-22 14:54

Well, here they've done it twice in one game.
Spoiler: