AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Regios (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Romance in Regios (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78137)

Skyfall 2009-02-15 03:37

Romance in Regios
 
Welcome to the Romance in Regios discussion thread. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where to discuss all things romance related within Regios potential pairings.

Please note that the very nature of this discussion means that people are bound to disagree with your opinion; remember to play nicely. Usual forum rules still apply.


Thread Guidelines
  • No Shipping!
    As stated this is a Romance thread, not a place to whine about what characters did or didn't end up together. Any such posts will be deleted.
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.


  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Most importantly: have fun :)

Skyfall 2009-02-15 03:39

For the moment i am not including a poll, as not all of the potential pairing options have been introduced yet in the series. Will add the poll a few episodes down the road (most likely) :)

Master Assassin 2009-02-15 04:32

Somehow this is a topic I've been waiting for, though. Despite that I only played around with investigating Layfon's so-called "harem" just to poke some fun and laugh at it, not to support any sides of his "harem"...

However, if Missing Mail's omake were to be believed, then I guess we might already have a clue on who the members of his so-called "harem" are.

Although at this time there's little we could learn even with the information from all the manga (the ones I've read is only the main manga and also the Missing Mail side story) and anime combined together, we'll need for those in knowledge of the novels...

... especially when the total number of episodes bound to be aired for Regios won't let us have enough of it, and we are already reaching half of the season. :rolleyes:

MrTerrorist 2009-02-15 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2217948)
Somehow this is a topic I've been waiting for, though. Despite that I only played around with investigating Layfon's so-called "harem" just to poke some fun and laugh at it, not to support any sides of his "harem"...

However, if Missing Mail's omake were to be believed, then I guess we might already have a clue on who the members of his so-called "harem" are.

Although at this time there's little we could learn even with the information from all the manga (the ones I've read is only the main manga and also the Missing Mail side story) and anime combined together, we'll need for those in knowledge of the novels...

... especially when the total number of episodes bound to be aired for Regios won't let us have enough of it, and we are already reaching half of the season. :rolleyes:

Don't worry it still too early for the anime to be reaching half of the season. The anime is about 24 episodes so it's still in the beginning stages.

Master Assassin 2009-02-15 07:26

Quote:

Don't worry it still too early for the anime to be reaching half of the season. The anime is about 24 episodes so it's still in the beginning stages.
Yeah, discovered that quite late as I checked through the generic discussion thread. I thought Regios has only 12+ episodes before I checked and corrected my acquired facts about it.

... Okay, so we already have an idea of who the members of Layfon's "harem" are, but the one I still have yet to believe is Nina. I can understand Felli, Mei, and Leerin (especially), but Nina? Even though it's quite an interesting idea for me, but so far until episode 5 it's hard for me to believe although I wanted to believe it exists.

Any thoughts? Or maybe it's just too early for me to think why Nina seems to be included in that so-called "harem" :P

TrueKnight 2009-02-15 08:51

Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.

Anyways, *raise Fon-fon x Felli flag*

MrTerrorist 2009-02-15 09:44

I raise the Layfon x Nina Flag!

meh 2009-02-15 09:47

Hoping for a harem for Layfon.
Also cool with Layfon x Felli.
Most likely scenario is that nothing gets settled in the end because this isn't a romance story.
Indifferent towards Layfon x Lilin
Will be pissed off at Layfon x Nina
Will go WTF at Layfon x anyone else

Westlo 2009-02-15 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by meh (Post 2218394)
Most likely scenario is that nothing gets settled in the end because this isn't a romance story.

I personally think nothing will get settled because the original source material is still ongoing, if anyone is hoping for a conclusive romantic end it would be best if you didn't get your hopes up. Anyway even though Felli's my favorite I don't know if I would like her paired with Fon Fon. I kinda like the idea of Layton and Nina pairing up, have no real opinion on Leerin/Lilin yet because she's hardly been in the show.. and Mei = lol no chance.

Master Assassin 2009-02-15 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueKnight (Post 2218319)
Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.

Yeah I know that, and I agree with that. Heck I even pointed it out myself while blogging something about Layfon's harem. (My notes when I screencapped it: "Aww c'mon Nina I know you liked that.")

But then again the way she takes social interactions when it comes to Layfon seems so casual I can't tell much...

Or maybe there's even a pointer I missed, in which as I recall in episode 2. Remember? I just recalled that just now.

Spoiler for some parts of ep 2 recapped:


That last part of the scene I mentioned here could prove something. If a girl worrying about a guy to the extent she wants to cry (especially after what she did to him herself) could justify Nina's possible inclusion into Layfon's harem, then I guess I'll have to be content with the discoveries... for now.

EDIT: NO WAIT. I rewatched the scene again and I noticed that when she said "Not at all." she's already on the verge of tears.

... Anyway, I'm glad we're just at the beginning of the season, but then that means more possibilities to look out for; and things might change... now I'm afraid of getting my guesses wrong as the show progresses...

zibi88 2009-02-15 10:07

Well even since he was with Mei alone at the beanch he keept thinking about Lilin ^^ and offcourse she is thinking about Layfon so I can assume that this pairing is kinda best ^^ since

Lilin: loves Layfon for who he is and doesnt care about his power or stuff like that...their are childhood friends that understands each other the best

Feli: a lonely person who came to Zueli for the same thing like Layfon which is to find her own path to live.... so she found a similar person to her which is Layfon... dont know if she has a crush on him since she doesnt show any emotions (and simple thing like a smile is super rare in telekinetics.... so yeah have a all-time-gloomy-violant-loli as your girlffriend and you will be super lucky....) Feli for me is rather kinda funny character that gives little comedy into the story

Nina: she only thinks on power... and how to get it or use Layfons power for her own squad17 profit....(but its not right to make layfon the work while she is not taking it seriously...since why to bother while there is layfon who will kick everyones ass) I dont see any romantic interreaction toward Layfon..... her only objective is to gain power and that's it..... at least in ep6 she starts to understand that Layfon is WAY ABOVE HER LEVEL and doesnt need much training (well the score shows it the best... layfon score above 19,800,000 while nina not even 1milion [she got above 800,000]... so roughtly said Layfon is above 20times stronger than her ^^ strange that as for a captain her level is very close to that sniper guy...normaly she should be 2x stronger than him...)

Mei: well typical hero-complex the one who got saved by Layfon from death and here is the crush like all other girls in the school.... becouse he is cool and powerfull.... well but its rather 1sided crush (since 1v1 in the park and all that layfon was thinking is lilin...)

to put in few words in discriptions:

Lilin: pure love without any hideing meening behind it
Feli: im the same as you situation (im a tool for fighting...)
Nina: power jelousy
Mei: typical hero-complex ^^


Well it only past few episodes and to tell it more we need to see at least 2x that much episodes ^^ but anyway right now im a LayfonxLilin pairing fan ^^ since both of them keep thinking about the other one... and its rather pure without any hideing meening behind it...(like hero-complex, power jelousy or I'm the same like you situation...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2218416)

That last part of the scene I mentioned here could prove something. If a girl worrying about a guy to the extent she wants to cry (especially after what she did to him herself) could justify Nina's possible inclusion into Layfon's harem, then I guess I'll have to be content with the discoveries... for now.

nah I rather would say that she is worried becouse if she hurt him so badly he might leave the squad17 and the same the squad might end up disbounded... she feels guilty becouse it might be her fault for that to happen.... well she finally found someone to add in her squad and she already hurt that person so badly...

Feli was worried there too... since you forgot how close she was to him when he was regenerating on the bed.... so its natural for someone to worry about someone else then you hurt that person.... thre is no romance in there in my eyes...

TrueKnight 2009-02-15 10:48

Well anime is not the novel or manga. The anime may used most elements from them but so far the differ in terms of storytelling. You won't find how Felli looked like in her maid-outfit glory that's for sure. In terms of developement and relationship so far, Felli and Mei have got alot of screentime and it's clear they're into the competition.

Felli well she feels Fon-fon's the only one who would understand her because of their similiar position. Heck she even nick named him personally, so far that nick stayed exlusive with Felli x Fonfon. She also listened to Fon-fon when he plead for help, where up until ep 5 she's basically shows this 'I don't care attitude', and finally, it's Fon-fon that's capable making her smile.

I think Fon-fon is pretty important for her, not sure if Fon-fon feels the same though. I agree that most likely they'll leave the ending open ended. If that's the case then I demanded a HAREM one.

Master Assassin 2009-02-15 12:34

No, I demand the Missing Mail omake ending!

Just kidding. :D

Current information in hand: Two already confirmed, as for the other two... one having somewhat good vibes with Fon-fon but not really confirmed yet (with that deadpan attitude + face it's hard to tell anything), while one... still needs more screentime for me to be able to confirm my suspicions (okay, lots of Felli is fine too, but Miss Captain needs some of her own too).

In my thoughts about 'em:

Leerin: she has an advantage since she's Layfon's childhood friend and of course, she's the first in his mind whenever he thinks of a girl...

Felli: I should say, whenever Fon-fon is involved, she's damn cute (I hate to admit it but yeah now I just did) and makes me want to laugh everytime she talks with him and end up with funny results (the "give Fon-fon his nickname" episode especially).

Mei: I get the feeling she's even far much better than Layfon, given the fact that how Layfon can actually cook as revealed in episode 6 (pffffttt--- Felli... I just can't resist wanting to laugh). Out of the three Zuellnians, I probably think she's the best when it comes to cookery, followed by Nina (in the Missing Mail manga, Layfon can't believe she can actually make tea; and even tries to imagine Nina in a maid uniform!).

Nina: Outside training and battles (and of course, when she's on good terms with Layfon) she's quite friendly that it's hard for me to discern friendship and/or any signs of feelings which makes me wonder - how is she counted as a member of the harem, again? Gosh, I got to blame the Missing Mail omake for making me believe she's in, although in the first place I really wanted it to happen somehow before the omake even came out...

zalem 2009-02-15 13:02

To be honest, I don't really like Layfon with any of the girls. I don't think any of them go well with him. LayfonxNina could work for me if she improved her character and stopped being quite so hot-headed. Until that happens though, it doesn't work. I like Felli, but I don't picture her romantically with Layfon. Mei...well, you all already know my opinion of her and she has the least chance with him anyway.

Now as to what couple I think has the best chance, that's obviously LayfonxLilin. If things get resolved romantically at all it'll be in that direction. I'm pretty ambivalent about that couple though. I need to see more Lilin before I can judge whether I really like her or not.

Cinocard 2009-02-15 14:10

I must say you have a point there.

When the girls' personality are vastly different, no one seems to really fit with Layfon. It's just hard imagining him and any of the girls walking hand in hand. Except Lilin, as of this point we don't know much about her yet.

The one that fit to be with Layfon should be lady-like, calm, and express her kindness aboveboard. A childhood friend who already understands him and can skip the blushing-process is even better.

germanturkey 2009-02-15 14:24

Raises Layfon x Lilin flag.. i mean come on. childhood friend. how can she not win?

Manji Midou 2009-02-15 17:45

o.o :stares at topic:

not much romantic development has been going on so far but from the stuff l've seen so far ...l'm hoping for either a...
LilinxLayfon pairing.
NinaxLayfon pairing.
MeixLayfon pairing.
ln that exact same order from top to bottom.

Cinocard 2009-02-15 19:06

And you don't even put Felli in there? That's strange from someone who likes to watch Regios :heh:

zalem 2009-02-15 19:08

Manji dislikes Felli, so of course she won't be on that list. Just like Mei would never be on mine (though again, I don't really even have a list. I don't like anyone with Layfon at the moment.) It's all a matter of preference afterall.

monir 2009-02-15 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2218648)
Nina: Outside training and battles (and of course, when she's on good terms with Layfon) she's quite friendly that it's hard for me to discern friendship and/or any signs of feelings which makes me wonder - how is she counted as a member of the harem, again? Gosh, I got to blame the Missing Mail omake for making me believe she's in, although in the first place I really wanted it to happen somehow before the omake even came out...

I'm placing my chips on Nina, the girl with obvious complex. As soon as she can get out of her taichou mode where she presumes she is Layfon's captain, I expect to see her exploring other thoughts regarding Layfon. Of course, a harem is never out of fashion.

Clarste 2009-02-15 19:49

Here's my take on all the possible pairings so far, based on my knowledge of narrative tropes:

Leerin: "Girlfriend by default" from before the story. It's unclear if they were "official" before he left his hometown, but if she ever shows up in Zuellni (or he goes back) I think she has the best chance. This is not because she's the childhood friend; those often lose. Then again, she's also the type of character who gets killed off for drama. We'll see.

Mei: She has no chance whatsoever. She's actually quite likely to become his girlfriend mid-series, but then she'd have to die or dramatically give him up or be rejected for whatever reason. It's impossible for her to win in the end.

Felli: They have a nice chemistry and I like the fact that they have similar problems and can relate to each other through that. Also there's an element of being each other's "secret keeper" in that they can be honest around each other in a way that they can't around others (on certain kinds of topics anyway). Felli has also been given a lot of focus from quite early on. However, as much as I'd like to see this, its very unlikely to happen. She's afflicted by the "tsundere curse" and will remain friend-zoned in all likelihood. Good friends though, who compliment each other in their skills and have a lot of trust when it counts.

Nina: She's the wild card at this point. Narratively, she's obviously the primary heroine from the beginning, but there's really a distinct lack of romantic interaction or subtext between her and Layfon. Frankly, you could probably replace her with a male character without changing very much at all. They have a combination of "buddy" character development (while at the part time job mostly) and a "cop versus superhero" kind of rivalry during the platoon parts. If she ever steps up as a love interest I could see her winning, but if she doesn't then she'll just never have been in the running. It's not like heroines have to be paired with heroes.

TrueKnight 2009-02-15 19:57

Hmm we don't know yet. With 18 more episodes remaining ep there are still huge chunk of chances for developing the story and Fon-fon's interactions with the girls. Cover 11 of novel consist Felli in the front followed by Leerin, Nina and Mei last lol. I'm still hoping for Fonfon to melt Felli's ice like that useless red-haired guy did with the ice girl in Kimikiss. So yeah here's still betting on Fonfon x Felli.

SageGaiGar 2009-02-15 22:58

Mei's basic problem is she's the Moe blob. Cute.. yes but still a moe blob.

Redlar 2009-02-16 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueKnight (Post 2219366)
Hmm we don't know yet. With 18 more episodes remaining ep there are still huge chunk of chances for developing the story and Fon-fon's interactions with the girls. Cover 11 of novel consist Felli in the front followed by Leerin, Nina and Mei last lol. I'm still hoping for Fonfon to melt Felli's ice like that useless red-haired guy did with the ice girl in Kimikiss. So yeah here's still betting on Fonfon x Felli.

Well, I wouldn't put too much faith in the covers. Volume 9 seems to show a three-way confrontation between Felli, Leerin, and Nina in date-style clothing, with Fon trapped in between the three of them at night, though that might be like back of the book summaries: Promising something that isn't quite what happens in the book."
Spoiler for For the novels, not sure if that's allowed in the context of romance discussion:
There's definitely a big chance for Nina, who seems to be the stereotypical Shonen anime heroine/romance interest. Leerin's entrance is sure to destabilize any relationship Reifon makes, and Mei seems to remain a contender throughout the series.

But I'm also hoping for a Fonfon x Felli ending. A Fleecy is fine too. (Freezy is obviously Engrish at its best.)

Master Assassin 2009-02-16 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlar (Post 2220172)
Well, I wouldn't put too much faith in the covers. Volume 9 seems to show a three-way confrontation between Felli, Leerin, and Nina in date-style clothing, with Fon trapped in between the three of them at night, though that might be like back of the book summaries: Promising something that isn't quite what happens in the book."
Spoiler for For the novels, not sure if that's allowed in the context of romance discussion:
There's definitely a big chance for Nina, who seems to be the stereotypical Shonen anime heroine/romance interest. Leerin's entrance is sure to destabilize any relationship Reifon makes, and Mei seems to remain a contender throughout the series.

But I'm also hoping for a Fonfon x Felli ending. A Fleecy is fine too.

... Whoa. The anime needs to get to that part quick! O_O

So, if you say so (in the spoiler)... that means I need to doubt Nina's "qualification of inclusion" into the harem no more, right?

That means another one of my suspicions cleared. Same goes for Felli. Man, Layfon's surely has a power which unwillingly makes him a chick magnet. Probably his Kei doesn't only contain that zomglolwutSaiyajingawdhax power, but some special... *cough*pheromones*cough*

Redlar 2009-02-16 06:25

Yeah, Nina's going to become more noticeable in those terms. If Felli isn't careful, she might lose in the anime.

TrueKnight 2009-02-16 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlar
Spoiler for For the novels, not sure if that's allowed in the context of romance discussion:

Epic win. Now I just had to follow this series to the very end in order to see this comes to fruitition! :D

*further waves Fon-fon x Felli Flag *

Cinocard 2009-02-16 11:16

But...Volume 11? Now I'm wondering if we can get anywhere with 24 episodes.

willyvereb 2009-02-16 11:19

My thoughts about the heroines relationship with Lay-Fon:
-Leerin:archtype:"childhood friend". Probably Lay-Fon's "former" GF. She's the one who knows him the longest and probably the best.Role:firing up the romance, (probably) support.
Win(in sense of romance) possibility: High
-Feli:Archtype:"mysterious loli". A near emotionless doll in appearance. She found him somewhat similar to herself and begin to attracted to him. The second most powerfull person in Zuleni, but relucant to use her powers because she feels like she's used.Role:comrade in arms, moe factor, comedy element.
Win possiblity: Medium
-Mei:Archtype: "damsell in distress". She saved by Layton at the start of the story and begins to attracted to him. She sees him as some kind of knight and the most dedicated to the romance.Role:moe factor, comedy element
Win possibility: Low
-Nina:Archtype:"knight"? A honest and friendly person who's very hard-working. She's the last of the "harem". polar opposite of Feli both in looks and personality. Yearning for more power to protect the weak(and Zuleni) more effectively. She's been trough some painfull situations and has a very kind inside. She considers Lay-Fon as a friend and comrade for now.Role:comrade in arms, leader.
Win possibility: High(currently Lay-Fon shows the most interest to her)

Urei 2009-02-16 12:30

Great, a new shipping ground. Not? Anyway, going for Felli for obvious reasons :)

Manji Midou 2009-02-16 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlar (Post 2220172)
Spoiler for For the novels, not sure if that's allowed in the context of romance discussion:

Hmm, epic lost for felis maybe?
Layfon probably told her to get lost and she couldn't handle the rejection.

Master Assassin 2009-02-16 12:54

Quote:

Hmm, epic lost for felis maybe?
Layfon probably told her to get lost and she couldn't handle the rejection.
Where'd that come from... Things don't work that way.

Girls don't respond to a rejection with the guy looking surprised (and confused, maybe) and they themselves blushing like mad before fainting. They would be depressed.

Manji Midou 2009-02-16 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2220690)
Where'd that come from... Things don't work that way.

Girls don't respond to a rejection with the guy looking surprised (and confused, maybe) and they themselves blushing like mad before fainting. They would be depressed.

She was so depressed she fainted?:heh:

what l find interesting is that mei is still around...considering she is a minor character?

willyvereb 2009-02-16 13:10

not quite right cuz ppl rarely blushes when depressed...i think she's deadly emberassed(loli-echi element?)...

Urei 2009-02-16 13:11

I'd love to see that in animation :D

Master Assassin 2009-02-16 13:12

Even then, did you even take into account she was embarrassed and blushing while Layfon was shocked while the two other girls barged in when they are together...

... I can't really feel any sense coming out from that statement "Felli fainted because she was depressed while blushing and looking embarassed..." that would be a weird response to a rejection. Of course, Layfon looking surprised might be because of that but... still, it doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe I'm just too tired to think that it actually made any sense... time for the bed. >_>

Manji Midou 2009-02-16 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2220714)

Or maybe I'm just too tired to think that it actually made any sense... time for the bed. >_>


No, l'm just trying to be difficult with you on purpose in a playful way.:heh:
but in all seriousness...l dunno how that scene favors any of the girls

willyvereb 2009-02-16 13:28

Maybe a bit Feli, but it's not something that realy counted as big effect.(if you consider that everything exept her hair far from big:P)

Cinocard 2009-02-16 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji Midou (Post 2220728)
No, l'm just trying to be difficult with you on purpose in a playful way.:heh:
but in all seriousness...l dunno how that scene favors any of the girls

What? It favors Layfon the most, and the reason I'm even bothered with the harem is because of Layfon himself. So no matter what comes out, it's pure win :D

Manji Midou 2009-02-16 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyvereb (Post 2220739)
Maybe a bit Feli, but it's not something that realy counted as big effect.(if you consider that everything exept her hair far from big:P)

true.....but perhaps she was confiding in him something personal....and never expected the others to overhear her and collapsed from the embarrasment...that could also explain layfon's shocked expression

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinocard (Post 2220748)
What? It favors Layfon the most, and the reason I'm even bothered with the harem is because of Layfon himself. So no matter what comes out, it's pure win :D

How does it favor him....?
l don't have access to the novels....so l got no clue:heh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.