AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Boku wa Tomodachi... (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108256)

Kairin 2011-11-10 03:03

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Sumeragi 2011-11-10 04:25

This should be interesting......

Klashikari 2011-11-10 12:24

Oh man, while this episode was amusing and drawing parallels between Sena and Yozora, it also shows the very reason why I hardly stand the latter, to the point it was sometimes a bit hard to be amused by Yozora's humiliating speeches.

At least the whole Karaoke sequence put a lot of jabs here and there, and it certainly shows how awkward the club is, despite they more or less fulfilled their objective :heh:

Miraluka 2011-11-10 13:07

Again like the contrast between Kodaka team and Sena + Yozora struggling, one enjoyes other don't. At the end Sena's smile hijacker the episode ending.

Poor Maria... now she knows how Index feel on England :heh:.

Midonin 2011-11-10 13:16

BokuTomo 06 - Alone Together/Together Alone

Of all the kinds of episodes a series can have, a karaoke episode ranks way high up there. It's all about music. Music is one of the primary reasons why I love anime fandom, so of course it's going to appeal to me. I was surprised most of the first half was spent on getting there. This is a troublesome group if they have trouble even getting everyone to go on an outing. By "everyone", I mostly mean Yozora and Sena. The rest of the group seems pretty agreeable. There was no surprising song choices like Kannagi's, or embarrassing performances one door over like A Channel's (I did enjoy Rika's musical fellatio. And there's a term I never thought I'd use.), but Yozora and Sena's solo duet was... kind of touching. It's like how people in a movie can sing the same song despite being miles apart. Which is probably a metaphor for something.

potchip 2011-11-10 15:37

There are some significant changes in this episode.

First time I've seen emotion (sweat) appearing on characters in this series and there are some subtle changes in the art I can't quite pinpoint.

Hooray for some simultaneous conversation, too! That's how a club of multiple people's like.

Newprimus 2011-11-10 15:39

Lol yozora and sena are such idiots for such a supposedly cunning(yozora) and intelligent(sena) pair of people.

DasDingus 2011-11-10 20:58

I was expecting Yozora and Sena's plan to be to rent 6 rooms for one person each (at the same price as one room for 6 people) and then all of them go into the same room. This way they sing together but the karaoke parlor can't rent out the other 5 rooms. I guess that line of thinking was too logical and not vindictive enough for those two.

Also, that finishing move by Rika was delicious.

SilverSyko 2011-11-10 22:13

Ah much better than last week...half-way finished now.

First of all I need to comment on Rika. Usually I hate lecherous characters, and while her perverted "humor" is still there, she has stayed rather in-control and refrained from going very over-the-top these past two episodes. If this keeps up for the latter half, I give mad props.

Next this episode just goes to show that Yozora and Sena are becoming buddies despite how much they quarrel with one-another. There's a saying that says "good friends always fight", and that's pretty much what we're being shown here. It's amusing that the club is accomplishing their goal while completely believing they haven't made any progress at all.

Finally, the way the insert song was done was excellent. They didn't devote an entire meaningless 3 or 4 minutes to the song wasting the viewers' time with something they could watch or listen to elsewhere, they cut it down and used it as a way to confirm that Yozora and Sena do have lingering romantic feelings for Kodaka.

So it seems some developments are brewing, Sena's father wants to meet with Kodaka. I wonder why that is? Doesn't look like the next episode will be getting to that right away though judging from the preview, kind of a shame.

Flawfinder 2011-11-10 22:19

This episode is a little more serious with a big focus on Yozora's and Sena's relationship with Kodaka. Also, Maria wasn't in the episode, and the other three rightfully stayed as comedic relief without cluttering the plot. Good episode.

Quote:

So it seems some developments are brewing, Sena's father wants to meet with Kodaka. I wonder why that is? Doesn't look like the next episode will be getting to that right away though judging from the preview, kind of a shame.
I'm pretty sure it's because Sena's father knew Kodaka when he was little through Kodaka's father and just wants to meet him. But yeah, I have no idea what next episode is going to be about.

bakAnki 2011-11-10 23:33

Good episodes, Less joke but it shows us how Yozora and Sena feeling towards Kodaka, builds up future story with P... Sena's father introduction.

I like it how they extend how Kobato's trying to solve the quiz, she's too cute. And I like Rika keeps being awesome with her pervert comment (and the "Love Mic Finish" :p
The karaoke scene is great too. Yukimura as I thought singing an enka, and surprisingly Kodaka has good voice here. Though no singing Kobato? And since Maria was there on the prologue/OVA, I thought they will add her too here ^^

Judging by the next episode title and preview, it's about the silent cellphone chapter? Still hoping for story relay though >.>

Utsuro no Hako 2011-11-11 00:20

Obligatory "They aren't following the manga/light novels!" post. To be fair, the episode itself was a good adaptation of the corresponding chapter, largely because this is the first time where they devoted an entire episode to a single chapter. And on some levels, it worked better than the manga since we could hear everyone singing.

But man, they skipped a lot of stuff to get to this point -- something like three or four chapters worth of material. [mod edit: moved rest of post to Spoiler & Speculation thread]

DragoonKain3 2011-11-11 00:31

Any episode that spends more time explaining Yozora/Kodaka's childhood is a good episode in my book. Two thumbs up! :heh:

zeniselv 2011-11-11 01:46

good episode, though i never expected the karaoke would be taking the whole episode, probably for promoting image songs.

[mod edit: moved second half of post to Spoiler & Speculation thread]

Bonta Kun 2011-11-11 02:04

This was pretty good fun, I would say better than last ep but I thought last ep was pretty good as well.
Midonin mentions A Channel which I recall as a recent favorite for karaoke episode, I was especially fond of Nagi's performance:p

I have to admit that Yozora's trolling of Sena is hard to say whether I like it or not.
See, I think it's not pleasant yet I can't help but like when Sena runs off, cursing Yozora, it's oddly cute.

But then Sena got a little back at the end, house vists and meeting family is big stuff.

Meat eating meat?!:heh:

p.s Couldn't believe I saw the train driver peering out of his cabin, who would have thought they would put in such a small but rather detailed tidbit.
Stuff like that I can enjoy oddly enough......expect then the train went off in the other direction(?) lol

relentlessflame 2011-11-11 02:34

I want to remind anyone that all speculation about future content based on knowledge of light novels or manga must go to the Spoilers & Speculation thread, even if you're being vague. Some of the posts above are extremely borderline. Remember that no spoilers are allowed in anime episode threads.

Edit: I moved a bunch of posts (and parts of posts) to said thread now.

Nvis 2011-11-11 02:50

Sena-sama looks good in any outfit.

I liked how she got back at Yozora about the meeting with Papa stuff.

-Sho- 2011-11-11 04:42

So who was solving the "quiz" except me ? :D

Spoiler for Quiz:

Kanon 2011-11-11 08:07

We got to hear every single character sing... except Kobato. I feel cheated :(

I didn't enjoy Sena and Yozora's bickering as much this time around, as it was closer to one-sided bullying on Yozora's part. She takes it too far sometimes. Thankfully, that was just a small part of the episode, they got to fight on even ground at the karaoke. Sena even managed to get back at her at the end of the episode, although it doesn't really make up for what she had to endure earlier.

Kusa-San 2011-11-11 08:32

I don't really like how Yozora treats Sena. I'm sure if Kodaka tell her to shup up, she will. Kodaka should say something about that insted of thanking her about the club and all.

Also, I like how Kodaka didn't listen to Yozora and Sena and went with a room for the four of them :D

And Kobato is really cute :3