AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cannot start Media Player Classic! :( (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78634)

Tempester 2009-02-28 23:44

Cannot start Media Player Classic! :(

Whenever I choose to play an MKV file, nothing happens and the program can't seem to start. There are no error messages or anything; my computer just keeps running normally. It's as if I never clicked to play the MKV file. I have my default MKV player set to Media Player Classic and the program is supposed to start, but it doesn't.

My computer is a 2 and a half-year old laptop/notebook with less than 1 gb memory. It has deteriorated externally and lost most of its battery life but has apparently been functioning just fine. I don't want a new laptop just so I can play MKV.

incube 2009-03-01 00:04

Hmm you should check at the window task manager (ctrl + alt + del if mpc is running at the process tab. Sometimes a similar things happens to me with other programs and after ending the process and retrying it starts properly.
And did install anything new or change your computer's config before this problem started happening?

Tempester 2009-03-01 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by incube (Post 2243864)
Hmm you should check at the window task manager (ctrl + alt + del if mpc is running at the process tab. Sometimes a similar things happens to me with other programs and after ending the process and retrying it starts properly.

Is it simply called "mpc"? I can't find it anywhere in the processes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by incube (Post 2243864)
And did install anything new or change your computer's config before this problem started happening?

What I recall doing is changing my hard disk to a larger size and copying all the data and programs as an exact copy from one to the other. I don't think I did anything else.

GHDpro 2009-03-01 07:47

It's mplayer.exe afaik.

But simply rebooting will also do the trick.

felix 2009-03-01 09:27

I've noticed recent versions of mpc having trouble (not that old ones didnt have wierd issues on some systems themselvs).

If you are using CCCP, go to Start Menu and use the Settings option located in the CCCP folder. Skip over the first screen and in the seccond register everything to ZoomPlayer. See if your videos play correctly now.

Tempester 2009-03-02 00:02

Never mind. I fixed it by replacing the .exe file with a download from the internet. :D

Yay, I can take screenshots now.

holyalexander 2009-03-02 00:54

i think you should download a codec or something..

Shadow Kira01 2009-03-02 12:21

I have less than 500mb of memory and mkv files work fine except a glitch here and there. Sometimes, I get some serious lags but it does work. Try installing a CCCP codec package and maybe, switch to VLC Player. The program isn't big and neither does it require lots of memory to run either. I prefer VLC over Media Player Classic which I also have.

Millenia 2009-03-26 21:03

Hey now I have problems using Media player classic too :(
I try to play my mkv and even normal avi files in it and it opens up and give me the "send error report" but instantly vanishes and lingers in my task manager... :(
Has windows gave an update that has totaby buggered the use of MPC?

I have tried uninstalling, restarting, downloading version 6.4.9.0 and 6.4.9.1 for windows XP and it gives me the same trouble.

Im out of options. What the hell has happened?

Craymel 2009-03-27 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Minato (Post 2247015)
I have less than 500mb of memory and mkv files work fine except a glitch here and there. Sometimes, I get some serious lags but it does work. Try installing a CCCP codec package and maybe, switch to VLC Player. The program isn't big and neither does it require lots of memory to run either. I prefer VLC over Media Player Classic which I also have.

VLC doesn't make use of cccp (or any codec pack) so what's the point of installing cccp if you're just going to use VLC?

SeijiSensei 2009-03-27 09:32

Try smplayer. Like VLC it's self-contained and uses mplayer and its associated codec libraries. If it doesn't help, just remove it. It shouldn't leave anything behind that would interfere with other players.