AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2013-05-22 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4692533)
Not likely IMO.
I think MG Aile Strike Rouge RM is more likely.

Obviously when talking MG it have extremely low chances, especially with the remaster stuff going on atm

Im would say a HG is the best bet for it, seeing the Astray HG releases so far (Im talking about the Out Frame being made first, then if popular enough, the then the two Testament units)

MoonLightShadows 2013-05-22 20:10

Its beautiful. The HGUC I have been waiting 6 months for. :p

HGUC 1/144 Zogok (Unicorn Ver.)

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

maknaedik 2013-05-22 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by helois (Post 4692657)
also Testament(too many reds lately.. XD )is fine,but if i'have to choose in Seed&co, i like Rosso Aegis..
if i love normal Aegis,i adore Rosso Aegis..

REDS! Hi there fellow red fan. haha!

I'll get testament and that's been decided the moment I saw it. I also like Rosso Aegis, however, I don't think it will be available in MG or even RD.

Appel 2013-05-23 15:23

Now that Rrobbert has finished his review of the old MG Aile Strike I am super curious about the MG Aile Strike RM. Mainly because of the difference in price, which is just 400 yen, so like 4 bucks or so. Which is almost completely irrelevant. So this is literally a true comparison between old Bandai kits and new Bandai kits. Same price, same Gundam, 10 years between them.

helois 2013-05-23 16:04

http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/RIMG013216.JPG

http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.c...rike-a-rm.html

suiton629 2013-05-23 16:11

Changes I can tell that the RM ver. has:

- sides of the head now has gray plastic
- more frame parts showing through in various places (Aile pack, skirt armor)
- color is more darker I think
- has a Mu La Flaga figure included
- shoulder has a new part
- articulation definitely looks vastly improved
- finger swapping
- face mask has more details
- gray piece visible on cockpit hatch
- gray piece visiable on crotch area
- knee and shin has a slit of gray showing through
- wrist area has a slit of gray showing through

Basically, it's more detailed with gray pieces showing throughout the build.

The RM Ver. is way more stylized and more of a Master Grade, whereas the older one felt more like a 1/100 No Grade with some inner frame.
I'm sure that Bandai is going to re-release this guy in the Strike Rouge color variant as an online exclusive soon. It'll be the exact same thing with Cagalli figures instead.

Skye629 2013-05-23 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4693956)
Changes I can tell that the RM ver. has:

- sides of the head now has gray plastic
- more frame parts showing through in various places (Aile pack, skirt armor)
- color is more darker I think
- has a Mu La Flaga figure included
- shoulder has a new part
- articulation definitely looks vastly improved
- finger swapping
- face mask has more details
- gray piece visible on cockpit hatch
- gray piece visiable on crotch area
- knee and shin has a slit of gray showing through
- wrist area has a slit of gray showing through

Basically, it's more detailed with gray pieces showing throughout the build.

The RM Ver. is way more stylized and more of a Master Grade, whereas the older one felt more like a 1/100 No Grade with some inner frame.
I'm sure that Bandai is going to re-release this guy in the Strike Rouge color variant as an online exclusive soon. It'll be the exact same thing with Cagalli figures instead.

Way to state the obvious

I would also like to note that the old MG Strike IS BY NO WAY A NG LVL KIT, take the actual 1/100 NG for that comparison, the old MG Strike is still a great kit

maknaedik 2013-05-23 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4694187)
Way to state the obvious

I would also like to note that the old MG Strike IS BY NO WAY A NG LVL KIT, take the actual 1/100 NG for that comparison, the old MG Strike is still a great kit

I wonder if there are any NGs with splitting armors on the legs XD

suiton629 2013-05-23 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4694199)
I wonder if there are any NGs with splitting armors on the legs XD

Probably not. I mean they're basically 1/100 scale HG kits. I doubt Bandai would put effort into engineering armor splitting on a No Grade kit. It makes little to no sense, when traditionally, it's been something reserved for MG and PG kits.

Skye629 2013-05-23 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4694227)
Probably not. I mean they're basically 1/100 scale HG kits. I doubt Bandai would put effort into engineering armor splitting on a No Grade kit. It makes little to no sense, when traditionally, it's been something reserved for MG and PG kits.

.....he was making a crack at how you thought the old MG Aile Strike felt like a NG

firefox 2013-05-24 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4694187)
Way to state the obvious

Having built myself the older 1/100 MG strike 4 times (aile, rouge, sword/launcher and noir) and the old 1/100 HG 2 times i can only agree with you ;).

Wonder if Suiton696 has ever built a 1/100 HG and MG strike? The MG Strike 1.0 was the first modern MG kit with complete inner frame and super posable joints, while the 1/100 HG, being a very solid kit has limited articulation and no inner frame. The 2 are very different, like day and night.
Now if he had compared the Strike 1.0 to say a way more modern 1/100 HG/NG Astraea gundam then he might be right , but he didn't.

i've ordered the new strike 2.0, I will see for myself how it holds up to the "older" 1.0 and if all the fuss is really worth it...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-24 01:44

And all the commotion above was caused by suiton who doesn't know what he's talking about, ladies and gentlemen.

RX93-2 2013-05-24 01:51

I have the old strike and it is a very good kit, the only real issue is the ankle armor attachment.
Other then that it is perfectly good to this day and if we didn't have the (probably amazing) RM version it would hold up no problem.

StratoSpear 2013-05-24 01:59

Is that testament RD an exclusive?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-24 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4694655)
Is that testament RD an exclusive?

IIRC so far, there's nothing that signify it as being an Exclusive item, but who knows? Right now, we can only hope that it will be a regular item when it's released.

loon1688 2013-05-24 05:48

It has been a while didn't post & build Gunpla......
Latest collection..... RG Destiny Gundam......

suiton629 2013-05-24 05:51

So no Wings of Light effect pieces?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-24 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by loon1688 (Post 4694800)
It has been a while didn't post & build Gunpla......
Latest collection..... RG Destiny Gundam......

I always enjoy your photos, loon. They are nice to look at, refreshing, and have nice angles and poses too. You should post here more often ;).

duotiga 2013-05-24 06:16

For RD Testament is a regular release

As for the 1st MG Strike kit , my only complaint is the weak ankle guard joints else the kit is fine

Akyra 2013-05-24 10:24

Wow, the RG Destiny looks better than my MG Destiny (the one with the WoL effects)

loon1688 2013-05-24 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4694803)
So no Wings of Light effect pieces?

no..... do you think it worth to get it? almost same price wif 1 RG kit..... MG wing more nice..... compare with RG 1

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-24 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by loon1688 (Post 4695142)
no..... do you think it worth to get it? almost same price wif 1 RG kit..... MG wing more nice..... compare with RG 1

Honestly, I think the RG's WoL is uglier than the MG one. So no, I don't think it's worth it with that price. Still, if you have too much money, you can always waste them on expensive stuffs ;).

suiton629 2013-05-24 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4695154)
Honestly, I think the RG's WoL is uglier than the MG one. So no, I don't think it's worth it with that price. Still, if you have too much money, you can always waste them on expensive stuffs ;).

I bet Bandai is already planning more RM Ver. for Seed/Seed Destiny kits, and I'm guessing the MG Destiny RM Ver. is one of them. I'm sure they'll release Wings of Light as an online exclusive when it'll probably just be taking it from the same one from the Extreme Blast Mode version.

Skye629 2013-05-24 13:39

I wonder, is it possible to easily mod the HGs WoL to fit the RG's?

And NO Suiton, Destiny does NOT need a RM kit, it's hands down one of the best MG out there ATM and about everything is spot on besides the lack of WoL, and if you are going to shell out all that cash for a exclusive online WoL then you might as well go for the FBM, which comes with additional effect parts and silver plated inner frame parts (and a kickass box)

suiton629 2013-05-24 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4695350)
I wonder, is it possible to easily mod the HGs WoL to fit the RG's?

And NO Suiton, Destiny does NOT need a RM kit, it's hands down one of the best MG out there ATM and about everything is spot on besides the lack of WoL, and if you are going to shell out all that cash for a exclusive online WoL then you might as well go for the FBM, which comes with additional effect parts and silver plated inner frame parts (and a kickass box)

You think that it'll be 100% impossible or not likely for Bandai to do a RM Ver. of more kits? They did confirm that the RM Ver. will be a series of kits.

Providenceangle 2013-05-24 15:45

Personally, I'm not a fan of WoL but, you can easily make some. Just buy a clear piece of plastic. You can get them, just like styrene sheets. Trace a pattern, spray with some clear paint, Clear coat. I've actually considered doing this for my HG hi nu. Again, not really a fan of it so... lol

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-05-24 16:03

If anyone's interested: RD Full Armor Unicorn is now in stock at HLJ. Got my payment request just now

Skye629 2013-05-24 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4695361)
You think that it'll be 100% impossible or not likely for Bandai to do a RM Ver. of more kits? They did confirm that the RM Ver. will be a series of kits.

No such thing as impossible, I would say highly unlikely

By your logic the next in line for a RM would be the Freedom or Strike Rouge, since theyre older kits, those have more chances for a RM than Destiny do

maknaedik 2013-05-24 20:59

I've been a fan of RM series ever since its pilot episode. It holds the first spot in TV ratings for its time slot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_Man_(TV_series)

It's just sad that the MG Destiny Heine Custom doesn't come with WoL effect part :(

firefox 2013-05-25 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4695466)
If anyone's interested: RD Full Armor Unicorn is now in stock at HLJ. Got my payment request just now

Way ahead of you, it's paid and ready to ship ;)

I buy RD for suits i find interesting but not interesting enough to warrent building then in HG/RG/MG/PG.

With extreme limited time RD is a (rather expensive) alternative to fill my shelves ;)

I allready have the older 1.0 unicorn gundam, which wasn't bad, just bought this guy for the option parts

duotiga 2013-05-25 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4695451)
Personally, I'm not a fan of WoL but, you can easily make some. Just buy a clear piece of plastic. You can get them, just like styrene sheets. Trace a pattern, spray with some clear paint, Clear coat. I've actually considered doing this for my HG hi nu. Again, not really a fan of it so... lol

From my knowledge 3rd party is going to make the WoL for RG Destiny . Saw the teaser photo in Facebook

Providenceangle 2013-05-25 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4696146)
From my knowledge 3rd party is going to make the WoL for RG Destiny . Saw the teaser photo in Facebook

I won't buy it either way. I only suggested something. If I was interested in WoL, I would make my own. I'd want it to look exactly the way I want it to.

suiton629 2013-05-25 09:24

So apparently the upcoming Metal Build Exia Repair I has conversion parts to make it the Repair II variant.

>_>

Damn it. We need that freakin' MG Exia R2 with R3 conversion parts. Come on Bandai!!!

StratoSpear 2013-05-25 09:50

I must be one of a kind idiot to actually seek an RX-78-2 MG at this point... It's hard to find one anywhere! Or I'm just not looking at the right places.

Worse comes to worst, I'll just wait for the 3.0

Another question, is there an RD exclusive of a green psycoframe Unicorn Desmod?

suiton629 2013-05-25 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4696346)
I must be one of a kind idiot to actually seek an RX-78-2 MG at this point... It's hard to find one anywhere! Or I'm just not looking at the right places.

Another question, is there an RD exclusive of a green psycoframe Unicorn Desmod?

>_>

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RX-78-2+MG

Click that link and you'll be able to find listings for MG RX-78-2.

StratoSpear 2013-05-25 10:32

That's a rant of me not being able to physically find one in shops, dude. I don't really have the privilege of internet-purchasing, ya' know?

suiton629 2013-05-25 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4696385)
That's a rant of me not being able to physically find one in shops, dude. I don't really have the privilege of internet-purchasing, ya' know?

Well, if you're not gonna buy online, then you're better off just waiting for the MG RX-78-2 Ver. 3.0 to be made available at your local shops.

firefox 2013-05-27 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4696325)

So apparently the upcoming Metal Build Exia Repair I has conversion parts to make it the Repair II variant.

>_>

Damn it. We need that freakin' MG Exia R2 with R3 conversion parts. Come on Bandai!!!

For the far less gifted among us...
You have both as the normal, allready released!!!!!, metal build Exia comes with conversion parts for making Exia Repair 3...

So buy 2 of each and you can have all 4 forms displayed! and that for only 600$, bargain if you ask me ;)

firefox 2013-05-27 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4696346)

Depends on what version you want. MG's are regulary reprinted, so if you want a particular allready released version that is out of stock you may need to wait a few months.

I usually pre-order the reprint then build something else in between until it's released. Or you can go for 3.0, unfortunately it's allready sold out in alot of shops, but as it is a new model it's always reprinted the month after release.

There are alot of exclusive RD's, in fact to much of them. There is an exclusive glowing version RD unicorn gundam, it shines red, but if i recall correctly there is a green glowing one too, released in december. Expensive thing.

found it at a online shop:
http://www.toyarena.com/images/4543112814197.JPG

duotiga 2013-05-27 05:54

Be grateful that bandai release the all forms of Exia in metal build but can use the MG to complement.