AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-10-25 23:15

You could always just get a regular Gundam Marker and just color in the lines you need and then immediately rub off the excess with your hands or use a thinner... =)

Sworra 2011-10-26 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3825393)
I do use stickers, mainly because I'm too lazy to do much painting. I'm not int he best of circumstances to waste whatever limited paint I have and I guess I just don't want to spend that mich time painting. Stickers are usually enough for me at the moment.

Fortunately, I do have grey as I know its widely needed for a lot of HG models and I get frustated when grey is missing.

You mean a panel marker? I guess that's quite standard fare tool needed.

======================

Thanks for the replies you two. These has been quite helpful. :)

If you want a more in deph look at the Age 1 HG, check out rrobbert184 youtube chan.. he has a great video for the Age 1

Appel 2011-10-26 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by alukado (Post 3825336)
Just found a interesting game, anyone liked this facebook game will have the chance to win a free gundam, no purchase necessary

that is a contest to win TT Hongli knockoff kits. promoting those isnt allowed here.

Butagami 2011-10-26 09:27

Yay, the rest of my order just came in :D Already assembled one Action Base, just as a warming-up to the real thing. Bought some Revell nippers, and they work awesomely! I'll start building as soon as I have some time/fine-grit sandingpaper

Bonta Kun 2011-10-26 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3825984)
Yay, the rest of my order just came in :D Already assembled one Action Base, just as a warming-up to the real thing. Bought some Revell nippers, and they work awesomely! I'll start building as soon as I have some time/fine-grit sandingpaper

Fine grit sandpaper is one way to go but I just swiped one of them nail files from my mum:heh:
Works a treat plus it can get to them hard to file places.
Should probably invest in some diamond coated files.

Butagami 2011-10-26 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3826146)
Fine grit sandpaper is one way to go but I just swiped one of them nail files from my mum:heh:
Works a treat plus it can get to them hard to file places.
Should probably invest in some diamond coated files.

Yeah, that'll go perfectly:

@shopthatsellsfilesandshit
Me: Hi, I'd like some of your finest nail files
Shopgirl: *blank stare*
Me: Oh, haha, it's not for my nails, it's for this robot model kit I'm building!
Shopgirl: *has by now slowly backed away to the safe harbor of the "personnel only" area*

JK, but anyway, I wondered if you could get a "flat-coat" kind of effect from gently sanding an entire piece (wet sanding, real fine grit)

Appel 2011-10-26 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3826302)
JK, but anyway, I wondered if you could get a "flat-coat" kind of effect from gently sanding an entire piece (wet sanding, real fine grit)

that should be possible. a flat top coat is all about adding an uneven surface with microscopic bumps that reflect the light in all directions and not just in one direction.
gently sanding the pieces would have the same effect. however, the you need very fine sandpaper and you need to it extremely evenly. id say top coat is definitely the better choice^^

Butagami 2011-10-26 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3826318)
that should be possible. a flat top coat is all about adding an uneven surface with microscopic bumps that reflect the light in all directions and not just in one direction.
gently sanding the pieces would have the same effect. however, the you need very fine sandpaper and you need to it extremely evenly. id say top coat is definitely the better choice^^

You have a point, but I'll have to find a shop that sells it first :P
It's quite hard to fight the urge to build it, now that it's lying there, on my bed, like it wants me to.

Appel 2011-10-26 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3826330)
You have a point, but I'll have to find a shop that sells it first :P

downtown we have a gamesworkshop store, their army painter super matt varnish top coat is awesome^^ very durable and you dont need a lot of it. one coat is more than enough, even though it tells you on the can to use two coats. but even with just one you get a very even and nice looking finish.

Butagami 2011-10-26 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3826336)
downtown we have a gamesworkshop store, their army painter super matt varnish top coat is awesome^^ very durable and you dont need a lot of it. one coat is more than enough, even though it tells you on the can to use two coats. but even with just one you get a very even and nice looking finish.

That's nice to hear. There IS a shop that sells revell models, I'm not sure if they sell paint with it though (they're pretty versatile, with stuff like kites and warhammer 40k figures* or something)

*I haven't the foggiest if they're really from 40k, it's just that I can't think of anything other to illustrate my point.

Edit: I think I'm gonna start building this evening anyway.... But just the head and torso! And not until I finish this assignment!

Edit2: Well, torso's finished. I made one big mistake with the top part of the cockpit-hatch. I chipped a little too much off of it. Gonna try to fix that with some careful sanding tomorrow. So far I'm impressed with the kit.
I also, somehow, managed to draw blood working on the very first part I cut out...

suiton629 2011-10-26 19:40

a better quality pic of the mg heavyarms ew ... =)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X0-ATzrLqP...DE/s1600/9.jpg

Bonta Kun 2011-10-26 20:00

That Gattling gun is the sex!:D

Can't say I'm a massive fan of the HA, I like it but not as much as alot of other models, however I would get one just for the sake of having that gattling gun!:p

suiton629 2011-10-26 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3826678)
That Gattling gun is the sex!:D

Can't say I'm a massive fan of the HA, I like it but not as much as alot of other models, however I would get one just for the sake of having that gattling gun!:p

Imagine this in MG form later... :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn7144AO-I

Bonta Kun 2011-10-26 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3826795)
Imagine this in MG form later... :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn7144AO-I

Tbh once again, I'm not actually that fond of the dual gattling guns, it's cool but I'd prefer 2 singles on each hand or 2 singles or maybe even doubles mounted on the shoulders, I've always been fond of shoulder mounted guns.

Appel 2011-10-27 03:34

alright, i just got paid. and i got paid for 1 1/2 months because i started AFTER they counted everyones hours.
you know what that means...
stop! gunpla time! >=D

pumpkins 2011-10-27 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3826318)

you can't use sandpapers which are too fine cos then you'll just be polishing it back up. which is generally what you'll do when you're removing nubs. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3826349)

Edit: I think I'm gonna start building this evening anyway.... But just the head and torso! And not until I finish this assignment!

Edit2: Well, torso's finished. I made one big mistake with the top part of the cockpit-hatch. I chipped a little too much off of it. Gonna try to fix that with some careful sanding tomorrow. So far I'm impressed with the kit.
I also, somehow, managed to draw blood working on the very first part I cut out...

!what kit are you building? :)

Appel 2011-10-27 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3827113)
you can't use sandpapers which are too fine cos then you'll just be polishing it back up. which is generally what you'll do when you're removing nubs. :)

makes sense... ive actually never used sandpaper on my models before^^ only a sanding fleece to sand down paint :P

duotiga 2011-10-27 06:59

recent done kits
not in order

HG Age-1 Normal

MG Aile Strike with Bazooka

1/100 Akatsuki
oowashi pack

shiranui pack

MG 00Q

MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise

MG IJ & SF

doing MG Red Frame kai atm =x

firefox 2011-10-27 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3827256)
recent done kits
not in order

HG Age-1 Normal

MG Aile Strike with Bazooka

1/100 Akatsuki
oowashi pack

shiranui pack

MG 00Q

MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise

MG IJ & SF

Nice!!!! I need to restart building ASAP!

Appel 2011-10-27 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3827256)

that model is supposed to be simply amazing^^ have fun with it!
i just ordered the MG Hi-NU but im thinking about adding an inexpensive kit to my order... i dont know what yet though^^