AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2012-05-26 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4177000)
Anyway...

HG Exia R2
HG Reborns Gundam
HG 1.5 Gundam
HG Avalanche Dash Exia
HG O Gundam (Type ACD)
HG O Gundam (Roll Out)

Those are the 6 HG kits I will be getting. Going to also get some Mr. Hobby acrylic paints and flat top coat cans. =)

Where can I get the paints the cheapest online? I live in the US.

you dont have to list these kits every single time...

about paints, go to a hobby store. its not worth it to buy paints online. they are usually just as expensive online and you would have to pay shipping as well.
i only buy special paints online like the UV paints and pigments that i got.

Providenceangle 2012-05-26 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4176992)
i know what you mean! it really isnt that simple and i can see why they would want to cut down on costs a little.
plus, when i compare it to other brands like revell then the quality of their models is even more impressive! the revell kits look like someone made the lining channels with a butterknife :P
and im not mad when a kit like the marasai looks a little less detailed. because i like models that look exactly like they did in the anime!
also, other new kits like the MG duel have an insane amount of details! so we are getting both and they are doing it appropriately.
the marasai is a kit from an old show so it gets less details while the duel is from a show that is just now being remastered in HD so it gets more details. makes sense to me!
kits with an oldschool look already worked out well for them with all the MG 2.0 kits, too.

They still over charge for kits. Some kits should be less cost to the consumer. Especially considering I know the practical cost of running, maintaining and operating the molds. It's all the logistics and shareholders. Lots of red tape...

pumpkins 2012-05-26 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4177000)

Where can I get the paints the cheapest online? I live in the US.

not sure who imports mr hobby paints.. if you're not picky just go for kyrlon, i think it should be everywhere in the US.

suiton629 2012-05-26 09:17

I don't have a hobby store that sells paint around me, and I'm at work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.

Sometimes a day or 2 off in a week, but never on holidays.

So~~ Online is my only way to get most things aside from groceries. But even those I get online too LOLOLOL

RX93-2 2012-05-26 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4177017)
They still over charge for kits. Some kits should be less cost to the consumer. Especially considering I know the practical cost of running, maintaining and operating the molds. It's all the logistics and shareholders. Lots of red tape...

Break even points and financial risk also have to do with prices though; you need to cover that before you can even think of your profit margin.

suiton629 2012-05-26 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 4177019)
not sure who imports mr hobby paints.. if you're not picky just go for kyrlon, i think it should be everywhere in the US.

I want Mr. Hobby. =P

Just a few colors...

Red, Blue, White, Black, Yellow, Clear Orange, Clear Green, Clear Purple, Metallic Green... That's about it. =D Oh and a flat top coat.

Providenceangle 2012-05-26 09:29

Well either way, I'm happy they released the MG marasai. More kits more fun in the end. It's all a matter of being careful not to bankrupt yourself buying them all lol.

duotiga 2012-05-26 09:50

MG today is mainly on articulation than frames now

Bonta Kun 2012-05-26 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4176992)
i know what you mean! it really isnt that simple and i can see why they would want to cut down on costs a little.
plus, when i compare it to other brands like revell then the quality of their models is even more impressive! the revell kits look like someone made the lining channels with a butterknife :P
and im not mad when a kit like the marasai looks a little less detailed. because i like models that look exactly like they did in the anime!
also, other new kits like the MG duel have an insane amount of details! so we are getting both and they are doing it appropriately.
the marasai is a kit from an old show so it gets less details while the duel is from a show that is just now being remastered in HD so it gets more details. makes sense to me!
kits with an oldschool look already worked out well for them with all the MG 2.0 kits, too.

OFF TOPIC but I gotta ask, what revell kits are you getting, the American ones or the German ones?
I know the American ones are not bad while the German ones are pretty good(which are the ones I get being in Europe and all)
But as far as I've seen the Revell of Germany kits today are pretty good, just as good as top brands like Tamiya.
Also I love Revell of Germany decals, some of the best I've seen.

suiton629 2012-05-26 10:29

I go mainly for MG for:

a. scale
b. quality & color separation (i.e. no need to use stickers)
c. more pieces for price
d. articulation
e. inner frame
f. gimmick (LED's, opening hatches, etc)

It's why I try to stay from SD and RG.. And go with MG.

If they don't have a kit in MG, I try No Grade 1/100. If that's not available, then HG since we know they do everything in HG at least.

Providenceangle 2012-05-26 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4177147)

Oh and I go mainly for MG for:

a. scale
b. quality & color separation (i.e. no need to use stickers)
c. more pieces for price
d. articulation
e. inner frame
f. gimmick (LED's, opening hatches, etc)

It's why I try to stay from SD and RG.. And go with MG.

If they don't have a kit in MG, I try No Grade 1/100. If that's not available, then HG since we know they do everything in HG at least.

You were just asking about paint. Why does colour seperation matter if you paint your kits? You can just paint the areas seals would go.

Appel 2012-05-26 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4177094)
OFF TOPIC but I gotta ask, what revell kits are you getting, the American ones or the German ones?
I know the American ones are not bad while the German ones are pretty good(which are the ones I get being in Europe and all)
But as far as I've seen the Revell of Germany kits today are pretty good, just as good as top brands like Tamiya.
Also I love Revell of Germany decals, some of the best I've seen.

i have no idea actually :O so far i have built the revell starship voyager and the tomcat. no idea which branch made them. but as far as i know its the german branch.
compared to bandai the quality was terrible though. slightly warped and bent pieces, they didnt come out of the mold correctly here and there, it was just more frustrating overall.

and to stay on topic, i have just finished the last model that i got in japan, the HG AGE-3 normal.
http://www.abload.de/img/img_1034ylya0.jpg
here it is next to my somewhat salvaged jesta (at least it looks presentable now... the frosting was so bad the entire kit was completely white!)

someone here said that the AGE-3 was a waste of money. i completely disagree! its an awesome model^^ great articulation, very sturdy overall and many subtle channels for panel lines. i really dont regret that i bought it!
on the other hand i got it for just 1200 yen, i guess a kit really needs to be a total failure to be disappointing at that pricepoint! XD

Providenceangle 2012-05-26 11:53

The age 3 is pretty cool. I think I would use it for kitbashing though. Some cool stuff I could use to make one of a kind suits. Probably even bash the age 2 and 3 normal lol.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-26 16:12

Your Age-3 looks good, Appel. And yeah I’m sorry for your Jesta :heh:. You can use it for kitbash though ;).

As for me, I’ve done finishing my Pink Tieren. Cute pink gunpla collection starts now :D!

Appel 2012-05-26 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4177527)
Your Age-3 looks good, Appel. And yeah I’m sorry for your Jesta :heh:. You can use it for kitbash though ;).

As for me, I’ve done finishing my Pink Tieren. Cute pink gunpla collection starts now :D!

naa, ill keep it as it is. it looks ok now, far from perfect but at least it isnt completely white anymore XP it was SUCH a pain to get rid of that!

im not a big fan of the tierens in general to be honest^^ you did a good job on it though!

Bonta Kun 2012-05-26 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4177581)
im not a big fan of the tierens in general to be honest^^ you did a good job on it though!

Yea, they kinda ddropped the ball there me thinks.

Tieren looks like something you'd find in Front Mission or AC but even then, they would do a better job at looking cool than what Bandai has done with the Tieren.

I don't need every MS to look "cool" but I really am not fond of the Tieren either.

However the pink works, I think I might pick up some pink paint and try something out:p

Appel 2012-05-26 17:39

i never understood why the taozi was pink anyway :P
sure, grey would be boring and it is piloted by a girl but still... on the one hand the gundam franchise is supposed to be more realistic but then they throw bright pink and shiny golden machines at us! XD

Providenceangle 2012-05-26 19:59

Anyone build the Kyrios 1/100 ng? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up. I don't mind having to do mods to it, just wonder if it's a complete and total waste of money.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-05-27 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4177721)
Anyone build the Kyrios 1/100 ng? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up. I don't mind having to do mods to it, just wonder if it's a complete and total waste of money.

It's a great kit, good mobility and very solid. You should give it a try.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-27 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4177605)
i never understood why the taozi was pink anyway :P
sure, grey would be boring and it is piloted by a girl but still... on the one hand the gundam franchise is supposed to be more realistic but then they throw bright pink and shiny golden machines at us! XD

Strangely enough, since Gundam SEED Destiny, there’s always a customized pink suit in a Gundam series:

SEED Destiny: Zaku Concert Lacus
00: Tieren Taozi (Soma’s)

Maybe it’s a new trend? Maybe pink MSs sells well or something? :heh:

As for the logic in having pink suit in the middle of a battle...well...maybe it’s to seduce the enemy? It works with Allelujah & Flit :D.