AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Astrana 2008-03-13 03:03

yep, not sure about MGs, but HGs for sure, just like

Seed, Seed Destiny, Destiny Astray, Stargazer...

JackRydden224 2008-03-13 04:03

Most main suits from an animated Gundam series has gotten the MG treatment for the excepts of V/V2, X/DX and Wing/Wing Zero (TV). So chances are that Exia will get the MG treatment.

As for the 1/100 Flag, I'm pretty sure Bandai will release all of its variants because some suckers (like me) will buy all of them LOL.

mangatron 2008-03-13 04:17

Some more large pics of Gunpla courtesy Gunota:

MG Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam
MG Zaku Minelayer
HG GN Arms Type E + Gundam Exia (Trans-Am Mode)
HG Gundam Throne Drei

My thoughts on these:

-I really need to buy a two of those MG Strike Sword/Launcher packs so I can attempt a Blast Impulse killer :heh: (lol, like that last pic on the page, "Sord Strike" :heh: )
-I'd get this Zaku mine Layer soley for the backpack. Hmm....
-I like Mobile Armors. Heck, I think I'm the only human alive who likes the EAF Mobile Armors in Gundam Seed/Destiny :heh:
-If you want to see the Drei head more closely, nows your chance. I have this weird thought of making a Gundam Aliens :heh:

duotiga 2008-03-13 07:22

release today

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/...g/10067391.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10067391

StratoSpear 2008-03-13 09:10

My bro just bought the 1:100 Scale Gundam Kyrios... By the grapes, the model is freaking huge.... even larger than 1:100 Exia... Can't imagine how massive Virtue will be.

My lists of bought Gundam 00 models w/ comments:

-HG Graham's Union Flag(My first 00 model, but crap it can't hold it's rifle well and it can't even hold the plasma blade.... Shame)

-HG Dynames (My second model and, i gotta say, it's cool... The sniper eye gimmick is truly a remarkable feature to be integrated into a HG model. Drawback: No GN Pistols... Uwaaaah:()

-HG Kyrios (Cool model, but the wings at the knee makes the Gundam look... odd. As for the transformation.... By far the simplest Gundam-> MA transformation i've seen. Looks elongated when transformed though...:heh:)

-1:100 Exia (Looks decent, but the weapons are awesome! However, due to the design of the hips, the legs' vertical movement is limited... You can't pose the Exia kneeling:twitch:)

-1:100 Kyrios (Quite huge... Never expected Kyrios to be bulky. One improvement, no "disintegrations" needed in order to transform Kyrios to Flight mode and it looks way better than the HG version when transformed.)

One note to add: If you own the HG Kyrios, you'll find that there are hardpoints behind it's legs... My guess is that it's for the multi-purpose container thingy....:twitch: Any opinions? I can't find any container hardpoints for the 1:100 version... but I may be wrong.

LightningZERO 2008-03-13 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1457901)

I'm gonna get this one. The Exia is nicer than expected, but still there will be one real Trans-Am Exia release in the future and I will still get it :D

philmein 2008-03-13 19:03

Typically I don't buy HG 1/44 model kits because of their size and lack of details, but this GN Arms + Exia looks goddamn beautiful and stunning. If one of you guys get it, please gimme a short review and if it's good, I may consider getting it in the future.

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-13 20:16

Quote:

After learning about Dynames' own GN-Arms, I don't think I'll be able to purchase this baby; I'll wait for the Type-D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1458917)
If one of you guys get it, please gimme a short review and if it's good, I may consider getting it in the future.

I'm pretty sure Makube can provide us that. :heh: He hasn't been posting in this thread very much lately; I bet his working on it and taking some pictures. =P If not, then may the wrath of his Gyan come upon me...

ReverseFate 2008-03-13 21:28

Quote:

Woah, NICE! I am so getting this one! Though I might wait and see how Type D will look first. :p

Fome 2008-03-13 22:14

Personally, I think the concept of the GN ARMS, a giant exterior armored suit to which a gundam attaches itself, is even more ridiculous than the idea of mobile suits to begin with. I mean, why not just make a separate flying machine that has all those weapons? It's not as if the gundam is powering it.

Astrana 2008-03-13 22:28

I am still debating about getting GN arms...

beamknight87 2008-03-13 23:02

this thing seems pretty big... but I'm still with an eye open every weekend in case I see the 1/500 Dendrobium which frankly catches more my attention...

trowa babeliii 2008-03-13 23:04

reposting because i think it's not convenient for people to see

http://i30.tinypic.com/33xu938.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2888inl.jpg

more images at http://babeliii.multiply.com/photos/...gundam_dynames

comments are welcome

LoweGear 2008-03-13 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 1459229)
I mean, why not just make a separate flying machine that has all those weapons? It's not as if the gundam is powering it.

Actually it is both things you're saying.

The GN Arms is an independent weapons platform as shown in episode 21 and 22 capable of fighting by itself. However, in needs a Gundam's GN Drive to power it for longer operations, which is why the Gundam attaches itself - to provide power for the GN Arms energy-hungry weapons.

-----

Back on topic:

Larger boxart pic for GN Arms Type E + Gundam Exia:

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-13 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 1459229)
Personally, I think the concept of the GN ARMS, a giant exterior armored suit to which a gundam attaches itself, is even more ridiculous than the idea of mobile suits to begin with. I mean, why not just make a separate flying machine that has all those weapons? It's not as if the gundam is powering it.

It's a tradition of badass-ness. Though we understand its impracticality, we can't deny the fact that doing these kinda stuff makes the show really badass. Bigger + badder = totally badass!(well, most of the time :heh: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1459309)
this thing seems pretty big... but I'm still with an eye open every weekend in case I see the 1/500 Dendrobium which frankly catches more my attention...

I got my 1/550 Dendrobium, along with 1/550 Nueu Ziel, two days ago. And to much of surprise, the majority of the kit is molded in white. Not only that, but also the small figures that comes with it aren't molded in colors. Horrible! :( But oh well, it's still a decent kit, nevertheless. But if you can get the 1/400s instead of these, then go for it. They're slightly bigger, more detailed, and the small figures are actually molded in color! =O They cost almost an arm and a leg, however... Oh, and check dalong; he recently reviewed both models.

EDIT: Salamat for the high-def pic, Lowe. I thought the other GN-Arms was just a stand-alone unit; turns out it's the Type-D with Dynames on it! =O

mangatron 2008-03-13 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverseFate (Post 1459149)
Woah, NICE! I am so getting this one! Though I might wait and see how Type D will look first. :p

As The Unknown beat me to the answer, that is Type D in the Type E boxart I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1459352)
I got my 1/550 Dendrobium, along with 1/550 Nueu Ziel, two days ago. And to much of surprise, the majority of the kit is molded in white.

I... did warn you about it, right? :heh: :heh:

LightningZERO 2008-03-14 00:32

I find it funny that the instruction manuals for the GN Arms Type E actually confirms Trans-Am Exia is 3 times faster (and powerful):heh:

Astrana 2008-03-14 01:44

lol, not sure if anyone mentioned this, on the box art of GN Arms Type E + Exia, in the background u can see Dynames with GN Arms, all that is different are the 2 arms lol.... I am thinking about getting the Exia one, not too sure about the Dynames one...

philmein 2008-03-14 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1459023)
After learning about Dynames' own GN-Arms, I don't think I'll be able to purchase this baby; I'll wait for the Type-D.

I'm pretty sure Makube can provide us that. :heh: He hasn't been posting in this thread very much lately; I bet his working on it and taking some pictures. =P If not, then may the wrath of his Gyan come upon me...

lol, now that you mentioned it, he did get the 1/100 Virtue before the actual release date. I bet he does have the GN Arms. Oh please Makube, please, give me a response! PLEASE!!!! :P

I wish there was a GN Arms for the 1/100 Exia. But, damn, can you imagine the size lol? Not to mention the mullah $$$. :(

StratoSpear 2008-03-14 02:46

Two GN Arms!!? Nadleeh has a SHIELD!? What's going on here? Someone please enlighten me....