AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Tormenk 2015-02-28 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 5453180)
do you think I can get P bandai stuff in random shop in akihabara?

wondering if I can get Tallgeese 3 will I am visiting japan

It's possible. The smaller shops or the 2nd hand shops(of which there are many) are your best bets. I've sighted p-bandai exclusives like the MG destiny impulse and MG astray red frame in those shops, just have to keep your eyes peeled.

Wild Goose 2015-03-01 20:34

Sooooo guys....

Planning on getting the Murasame and Zeta Plus A1 Unicorn ver. Thoughts?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-01 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5455165)
Sooooo guys....

Planning on getting the Murasame and Zeta Plus A1 Unicorn ver. Thoughts?

HG Murasame is a decent HG. It has very good proportion and looks rather charming. It's basically the more elegant version of Astray and one of my favorite grunt suits. It's a parts-former though coz its transformation is as complex as Zeta series. Pay attention to the side-skirt armors and the weapon pegs on them as those can be flimsy and worn out if you play with them too much. And don't be too rough on the wings. Other than that, the kit is solid.

As for HGUC Zeta plus, I have no experience with it (yet).

Wild Goose 2015-03-01 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5455246)
HG Murasame is a decent HG. It has very good proportion and looks rather charming. It's basically the more elegant version of Astray and one of my favorite grunt suits. It's a parts-former though coz its transformation is as complex as Zeta series. Pay attention to the side-skirt armors and the weapon pegs on them as those can be flimsy and worn out if you play with them too much. And don't be too rough on the wings. Other than that, the kit is solid.

As for HGUC Zeta plus, I have no experience with it (yet).

Hmmm... I guess I'll go for it. Goodbye my money!

Skye629 2015-03-01 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5455270)
Hmmm... I guess I'll go for it. Goodbye my money!

As a quick note, be careful of where you get the Zeta Plus from, it had a recall issue earlier on (due to a mold defect on the head). It should not be a problem now but just a warning if you are getting from some sort of secondhand place.

Otherwise though its a really good kit from all the reviews I have seen on Youtube

Note its also a parts-former, though I really have no idea why people have such issues with it. So much more sturdy and reliable than a fully transforming kit

wavehawk 2015-03-02 07:40

The HG Zetaplus Waverider mode is excellent. MS mode--has a few quirks that I don't understand, mainly the torso twist (lack of it).

StratoSpear 2015-03-03 08:21

I just made this:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ar-d8k8xc3.jpg

Blue-kun 2015-03-03 09:08

Sometimes I wonder how I even pulled off assembling the RG Freedom, haha. Posted a few days ago I couldn't get it to hold the beam saber and rifle, and well, I really couldn't @ the saber. But then yesterday I was playing with it and I noticed that I'd been doing it wrong all along. It always did seem weird to me, but I was trying to somehow fit the rifle on the 'RG hands' instead of using the specific ones for holding the rifle, which I didn't even notice existed until I looked at the manual again, lol.

Well, it's all cool now, lol. And speaking of which, got my RG Justice ordered too. Can't wait til it gets here so I can get the Freedom's partner in crime standing next to him~

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-03 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 5456377)
I just made this:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

That's a cool paint-job, Strato. Did you base the color-scheme on a certain character? A Kamen Rider perhaps? If not then your "Blue Warrior" is still very cool ;).

kaizerknight01 2015-03-03 16:01

Doing full scratch build cosplay still counts as model ?? Right??

ZZ the husband

Quebely wife

StratoSpear 2015-03-03 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5456459)
That's a cool paint-job, Strato. Did you base the color-scheme on a certain character? A Kamen Rider perhaps? If not then your "Blue Warrior" is still very cool ;).

Nah, I didn't use anything as a base reference for this one. I just made an OOB build and thought "let's make it blue."

Then bam.:heh:

Thanks though! ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 5456635)
Doing full scratch build cosplay still counts as model ?? Right??

-snippity snip-

ZZ the husband

Quebely wife

Practically, the guy just built a human-sized mobile suit. I suppose it counts in my book. :P

Skye629 2015-03-04 07:28

Why cant the Gunpla be like this? :(

I would have gladly shelled out more for articulation in those arms

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IkEsmC_hHN...s1600/2130.jpg

LoweGear 2015-03-04 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 5456377)
I just made this:

I approve of this color scheme :)

Tormenk 2015-03-04 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5457161)

-snip-

The HG's fingers might have been able to emulate the articulation range of a spread hand as shown in the pic if they had just been more tapered instead of flat and chunky. Well High Grades has always just been to fulfill the basic design elements of a model instead of fulfilling every gimmick or function it might carry. I find Robot Damashiis' tend to carry out that promise better, at a much much higher price point of course.

~Destiny~ 2015-03-04 18:39

Imo The End is pretty much as spot on as I'd expect a HG to be. Only issue is that the index-pinky fingers come connected in one solid piece, but even still, the way they're jointed make it easy to fix.

Skye629 2015-03-04 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5457273)
The HG's fingers might have been able to emulate the articulation range of a spread hand as shown in the pic if they had just been more tapered instead of flat and chunky. Well High Grades has always just been to fulfill the basic design elements of a model instead of fulfilling every gimmick or function it might carry. I find Robot Damashiis' tend to carry out that promise better, at a much much higher price point of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 5457605)
Imo The End is pretty much as spot on as I'd expect a HG to be. Only issue is that the index-pinky fingers come connected in one solid piece, but even still, the way they're jointed make it easy to fix.

The hands are fine and easily fixable imo with slight mods, its the arms that are connected to the hand/faces that is killing it for me

Bandai just cant seem to get the long flexible arms/extensions right, hence why we don't see new kits for units like the Altron EW

StratoSpear 2015-03-05 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5457241)
I approve of this color scheme :)

Thanks! A local model kit shop owner said the same thing when I showed it to him earlier :D

Still, there are some scratches at the sides of the waist because I tried to separate the parts after I missed a couple of polycaps. Luckily, there's no need for putty to fix the damage.

Tormenk 2015-03-05 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5457821)
The hands are fine and easily fixable imo with slight mods, its the arms that are connected to the hand/faces that is killing it for me

Bandai just cant seem to get the long flexible arms/extensions right, hence why we don't see new kits for units like the Altron EW

Call it a case of the design exceeding the limitations. There's just no way any kind of design or jointed system that will allow the extensions to support the weight of the hands, even if both articulation and aesthetics were sacrificed to make it possible.

Wild Goose 2015-03-05 03:33

Plavsky particles animating The End's arms is probably how they can stay up; otherwise they just wouldn't have the structural integrity to do so by themselves.

Skye629 2015-03-05 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5457917)
Call it a case of the design exceeding the limitations. There's just no way any kind of design or jointed system that will allow the extensions to support the weight of the hands, even if both articulation and aesthetics were sacrificed to make it possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5457959)
Plavsky particles animating The End's arms is probably how they can stay up; otherwise they just wouldn't have the structural integrity to do so by themselves.

V_V

Would rubber work?

Tormenk 2015-03-06 08:49

Sadly I doubt it's possible with any sort of existing material to have both the flexibility and strength required to lift those heavy hands.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-06 10:53

^ Well, technically speaking, it's possible as long as the giant hands are lighter and the connecting long arms are heavier and have tighter joints. Still, realistically speaking, I don't know if Bandai can make them like that. Maybe by making the giant hands hollow and makes the connecting arms solid as a rock with tight-but-flexible joints connected by special polycaps? I don't know.

Patriot's Blade 2015-03-06 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5457161)

i now i just realized it has "an exposed brain" on the top part head cavity which is probably Devil Gundam inspired,

as for the flexibility for the tentacle arms on the The End gunpla, to me there's this material which is these soft metal strips that is used in those cheap bind files, depending on the quality they are easily bendable enough & at the same time can hold up weight, so far Bandai only gave us wires for MSes with remote guided cable arms launching gimmicks like the Zeong, but not tentacle armed guys like the Endless Waltz Altron Gundam who may or may not required the use of a stand to support the arms in action poses, which to me looks dorky :heh:

AHT 2015-03-06 19:18

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WVp1xqgs6z...ntitled-17.jpg

Rising Dragon 2015-03-06 19:30

Ha! Someone made it!

It does look nice, and I still expect to see it in the finale.

Skye629 2015-03-06 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5459060)
Sadly I doubt it's possible with any sort of existing material to have both the flexibility and strength required to lift those heavy hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5459165)
^ Well, technically speaking, it's possible as long as the giant hands are lighter and the connecting long arms are heavier and have tighter joints. Still, realistically speaking, I don't know if Bandai can make them like that. Maybe by making the giant hands hollow and makes the connecting arms solid as a rock with tight-but-flexible joints connected by special polycaps? I don't know.

Would rubber work?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-06 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5459595)
Would rubber work?

You mean for the connecting long arms? I don't think it will work. Rubber will be too soft and too flexible to hold a proper pose with those giant hands.

Patriot's Blade 2015-03-06 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHT (Post 5459584)

somewhere, Tryon 3 is crying in his bedroom, still no one can hold a candle to his awesomeness that is ~LIGER GLARE!!!!!~ :heh:

Skye629 2015-03-07 15:56

Bottom right, I think we all know where this is going right?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x1jgxLWXCi...Untitled-8.jpg

bio9205 2015-03-07 18:57

Good eye! MG Zeta 2.0? :P

Really want the Hyaku, but all that chrome is going to make it really pricey... Sigh.

Speaking of The End, a possible way to let its huge hands 'fly' would be to give them separate transparent stands, like the Rozen Zulu's Incoms, and then use a flexible rubber for the arms. A shame Bandai's not including that.

Galaxian 2015-03-07 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHT (Post 5459584)

It would be perfect for the fight against Minato and Tryon 3.

Illsteir 2015-03-07 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5460600)
Bottom right, I think we all know where this is going right?
-snip-

They included the leg transformation even though the Wave Rider feature was scrapped in-universe. Are the planning to release an MG Delta Gundam in the future?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-07 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illsteir (Post 5460867)
They included the leg transformation even though the Wave Rider feature was scrapped in-universe. Are the planning to release an MG Delta Gundam in the future?

That looks like it. Otherwise, there’s no point in that pseudo-leg transfomation. Then again, with bandai execs, you can rarely read what they’re thinking. Sometimes, something that should be obvious (such as releasing Hyaku Shiki 2.0 along with Zeta 2.0 & Mk.II 2.0) took them this long to be done. Yet, sometimes they release something that seems random and out-of-nowhere like MG Zaku Cannon, MG Sinanju Stein, MG Turn X, etc (not that I’m complaining, those are great kits).

Anyway, I’m expecting a release of MG Mega Shiki first before they go one step further in MG Delta Gundam, but again, you never know.

wavehawk 2015-03-07 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 5460765)
Good eye! MG Zeta 2.0? :P

That already exists. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10081017

I think he's either talking about an MG Delta Plus (which already exists - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10149213) or the Hyaku Shiki Kai which is hinted at in the corner.

Or else it's the Re/100 Dijeh.

Knight_SV 2015-03-08 01:12

MG delta gundam will coming soon

StratoSpear 2015-03-08 01:24

Or Bandai can be evil and release P-Bandai conversion parts to turn the Hyaku Shiki into the Delta Gundam.

wavehawk 2015-03-08 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 5461152)
Or Bandai can be evil and release P-Bandai conversion parts to turn the Hyaku Shiki into the Delta Gundam.

Oh, Spear...
~~~STOP. GIVING. THEM. IDEAS!!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-08 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5461175)
Oh, Spear...
~~~STOP. GIVING. THEM. IDEAS!!

Nah, I bet them Bandai execs already have a list of “evil ideas” waiting to be executed :uhoh:. Now it’s pretty much up to their mercy and generosity to not release highly-demanded items as exclusives. I already got hit pretty hard by MG Tallgeese II & III exclusives. Those bas***ds....

wavehawk 2015-03-08 03:22

MG F90... *sob* MG F90~~!!!!

kaizerknight01 2015-03-08 07:26

1/1 gunpla/cosplay with various gimmicks