AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-03-27 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 6333361)
Even though the lore says that the Unicorn is the only one capable of withstanding a beam magnum recoil so it has that gimmick , I wanna say that this one is a budget Neo Zeong with legs.

This would be a minor spoiler but even Banagher's custom Silver Bullet Suppressor still can't withstand the Magnum's recoil in the movie. That's what the spare arms are for, like RD mentioned in his comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 6333427)
Either way it's stupid. >.>

That stupid gimmick actually saved lives in the movie though. So...keep at it, Banagher! :D

John117xCortana 2019-03-27 22:17

He's only got about 5-6 shots. After that...no more arms.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-03-27 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by John117xCortana (Post 6333510)
He's only got about 5-6 shots. After that...no more arms.

That's why he used the Suppressor in a mission that doesn't need too many Magnum shots. In the movie, he only needs one or two Magnum shots to achieve the goal ;).

Router25 2019-03-28 03:25

It just shows that they really censored any means of replicating the Unicorn, even if it's just the arm and torso unit.

wavehawk 2019-03-29 04:12

On the one hand it does seem dumb.

...but on the other hand, they at least used the one MS model that could plausibly ditch a broken arm and replace it (Gundam MkV/Doven Wolf/Silver Bullet Type)...so kudos at least to that instead of trying to use a JEsta or Jegan or Gear Zulu and try to explain it otherwise...

GN0010 Nosferatu 2019-03-29 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 6333427)
Apparently Banagher's Silver Bullet has to switch hands every time it uses the Beam Magnum, so Unicorn is still the only one that can utilize it.

Either way it's stupid. >.>

Word. Seriously I couldn't help but just laugh at the idea.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-03-29 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 6333866)
Word. Seriously I couldn't help but just laugh at the idea.

Well, the idea of changing your arm instead of your clip after firing a shot is inherently silly. It can pass as a Looney Toons comedy skit even :heh:.

That's why I admire Narrative for taking such idea seriously. Just like how Zeta took Quattro Vagina's name seriously ;).

wavehawk 2019-03-30 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6333915)
Just like how Zeta took Quattro Vagina's name seriously ;).

Yeah. If your main villain's name is Jamitoff "....", you kinda understand why he wants to conquer the world, right? :heh:

LoweGear 2019-03-30 05:11

You would think that instead of designing a complex system of arm replacement, they could've just given Banagher a weapon that doesn't blow the mobile suit's arm off each time it fires. :heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-03-30 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 6334168)
You would think that instead of designing a complex system of arm replacement, they could've just given Banagher a weapon that doesn't blow the mobile suit's arm off each time it fires. :heh:

If you've seen the movie, you'll know that the Magnum is one of few powerful long-ranged compact beam weapons capable of doing what Banagher needed to do at the time.

Too bad Mineva's Sleeves don't have one of those sniper cannons used by the Living Dead Division in Thunderbolt :heh:. But even those cannons don't have the same power as the Magnum.

wavehawk 2019-03-31 02:54

I just had a horrible thought:

In a future Super Robot Wars game they'll have Banagher's Silver Bullet trying to one-up Koji with the number of Rocket Punches...

John117xCortana 2019-04-06 04:49

Isn't the Jesta basically a Unicorn frame without the Psychoframes? So technically speaking it should be able to handle the Beam Magnum.

Getting one would be the problem though.

wavehawk 2019-04-08 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by John117xCortana (Post 6336116)
Isn't the Jesta basically a Unicorn frame without the Psychoframes? So technically speaking it should be able to handle the Beam Magnum.

- Comparing the Jesta to the Unicorn is like comparing a RGM-79N GM Custom with the RX-78-4 NT-1 Alex. Yes, they have the same base, but concessions were made for cost and ease of build. Still more powerful than a GM or stock Jegan, but not built nearly to the specifications of the original.

It MIGHT be able to handle the Beam Magnum, but I'm not convinced it can. Because we don't even know if the Psychoframe integrated structure is one of the reasons the Unicorn can handle the Beam Magnum.

...or do we?

wissenschaft 2019-04-14 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 6336883)
- Comparing the Jesta to the Unicorn is like comparing a RGM-79N GM Custom with the RX-78-4 NT-1 Alex. Yes, they have the same base, but concessions were made for cost and ease of build. Still more powerful than a GM or stock Jegan, but not built nearly to the specifications of the original.

It MIGHT be able to handle the Beam Magnum, but I'm not convinced it can. Because we don't even know if the Psychoframe integrated structure is one of the reasons the Unicorn can handle the Beam Magnum.

...or do we?

The Jesta most certainly can not handle the beam magnum. That weapon is pretty much an overcharged beam rifle and its noted to cause malfunctions in lesser mecha. So its exclusive to the RX-0 series.

RRW 2019-04-16 18:28

https://i.imgur.com/Whr2aWy.jpg

lmao, never thought they actually going to released this

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...ease-info.html

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-04-16 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5761059)
...Seriously Bandai, how about an MG that I would actually want to buy, like the F90? *sigh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 6110865)
MG F90...
*sob*

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 6173536)
F90

Bandai where's my MG or HG F90...why...

After years of begging and crying, Bandai finally heard you, wavehawk :D.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

wavehawk 2019-04-18 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6339082)
After years of begging and crying, Bandai finally heard you, wavehawk :D.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

And they're making all 26 Mission packs!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

...and it's...P-Bandai...
https://p-bandai.jp/hobby/f90project...AwQDN7KDWmqWsU

....*

Illsteir 2019-04-19 01:41

Looks like a teaser for the upcoming RG Nu Gundam:
https://i.imgur.com/pw8HLsG.jpg

wavehawk 2019-04-19 02:46

I'm actually wondering if Sunrise will ever go back into the Formula era at some point, right after Hathaway's Flash. I know a lot of people here hate the smaller MS designs, but I'd really like them to go into depth with this time period (where older 'big' MS first had to contend against the 3rd Generation small scale suits)and hopefully fix the issues with the Gundam F91 movie somehow...

Hell if they made OVA shorts for the F90 and Silhouette Formula series, I'd be thankful.

Why am I mentioning all this? Well, I'm thinking it interesting that we're getting a few Formula generation kits (F91 v2.0, Vigna Ghina Re:100 vaiants and now the F90) out just recently. Might be looking too fat into it...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-04-19 22:41

WOW!!! A set of 36 Maganac corps complete with variation parts?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PglsAN4Yb...%2B36%255D.JPG

Bandai's craziness never cease to amaze me. I haven't felt this baffled since they announced HG Neo Zeong.

And the custom Maganacs are still coming...

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T1AdtI6Y5...d%2BCustom.JPGhttps://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dOr0BAQv0...l%2BCustom.JPG

LoweGear 2019-04-20 21:09

That's cute Bandai.

Now, can we get an HGAC Heavyarms after the Sandrock comes out please? :)

Illsteir 2019-04-20 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 6339913)
That's cute Bandai.

Now, can we get an HGAC Heavyarms after the Sandrock comes out please? :)

I wish they won't stop there. I want an updated 1/144 Gundam Geminass (Robot Spirits pic for reference). The old one's getting harder to find.
https://i.imgur.com/3Qoz04g.jpg

LoweGear 2019-04-20 22:04

G-Unit might be a much harder sell for HGAC given how niche it is, and unfortunately it doesn't have the Universal Century's clout to support it. :heh:

wavehawk 2019-04-21 06:21

It could or could not work--Three of the G-Unit kits were basically the Geminass base kit: Geminass, Geminass L.O. Booster, and Aesculapis. From a technical standpoint, you could get quite a bit of reuse out of the molds. Marketing-wise, may not be all that big a deal seeing as there's a resurgence of Wing kits anyway.

Now that I think about it, that might not be a bad idea: just reusing the Leo mold one more time to make the Leo-S would already make a bit of money---even if you don't know what the Leo-S is...how can you say no to that design:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130102145739

...and given our luck, P-Bandai. Because of course. -_-

Illsteir 2019-04-22 20:11

As expected, the next RG in the Gundam Base Tokyo reveal is the Nu Gundam.

It seems that it doesn't have the "Invoke" gimmick seen in the Master Grade Ver ka.

wavehawk 2019-04-27 07:13

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dammit, Wufei. Always overcompensating for something..

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-04-30 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 6339542)
I'm actually wondering if Sunrise will ever go back into the Formula era at some point, right after Hathaway's Flash. I know a lot of people here hate the smaller MS designs, but I'd really like them to go into depth with this time period (where older 'big' MS first had to contend against the 3rd Generation small scale suits)and hopefully fix the issues with the Gundam F91 movie somehow...

Hell if they made OVA shorts for the F90 and Silhouette Formula series, I'd be thankful.

Why am I mentioning all this? Well, I'm thinking it interesting that we're getting a few Formula generation kits (F91 v2.0, Vigna Ghina Re:100 vaiants and now the F90) out just recently. Might be looking too fat into it...

Here's your answer, wavehawk:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
The June issue of Kadokawa's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine published a 40-page prologue chapter on Friday for a new Mobile Suit Gundam F90 FF (Fastest Formula) manga

Nobuyoshi Ino is writing the manga's scenario, Sejoon Kim is in charge of the character design, Yasuhiro Moriki is in charge of the mechanical design, and Kiyoshi Imanoya is drawing the manga. The manga will officially launch in the magazine's August issue on June 26.

The manga is part of Bandai's "F90 A to Z" project that also includes plastic models.

The original Mobile Suit Gundam F90 manga ran from 1990-1991 and had one compiled volume.

So, there you have it.

And since this is a gunpla thread, I need to post something about gunpla. So here's a review of the "new" MG Ex-S Gundam (pretty much 1.5).

wavehawk 2019-04-30 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6341705)
Here's your answer, wavehawk:

- Oh Please God, don't let it suck...:upset:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-04-30 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 6341712)
- Oh Please God, don't let it suck...:upset:

Considering that the original F90 manga is rather bland and bog standard, the new manga should have nowhere else to go but up, unless the people behind the FF manga intent to make it superbad :heh:.

And before anyone ask: yes, I've read the F90 manga. It's actually a pretty boring read IMO, especially if you have experienced many Gundam stories before it. People can say anything about the crazy Crossbone manga but at least that one is interesting......ly silly :eyespin:.

wavehawk 2019-04-30 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6341718)
Considering that the original F90 manga is rather bland and bog standard, the new manga should have nowhere else to go but up, unless the people behind the FF manga intent to make it superbad :heh:.

- What I mean is that I hope this new F90 manga isn't going to be terrible.

The art is passable for a Gundam manga but still nothing that excites me. Hopefully they can do something different--The manga F90 only mentions 2 F90 units, but there's been at least confirmed 3 (Including the Cluster Gundam). But if you've ever collected the old Gundam F90 kits...
https://i.imgur.com/85KtfLy.jpg
from the V-type kit manual

I swear this pic shows two, maybe THREE Gundam F90 MS of the Unit 1 variety.

So...could the mangaka be writing about another F90 unit? or will he rehash the manga? Or will he actually make a manga adaptation of the old SNES F91 game?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-04-30 13:05

^ I only see two F90s in that pic.

I guess we'll just have to wait what the FF manga will be. That project actually adds to my confidence that Bandai/Sunrise will do the F90 anime eventually if they're really committed to the "UC Next 100" project. The old F90 manga is ripe for an overhaul or loose adaptation by making the story more interesting. Hopefully, if that happens, it also means that they will redo F91 or at least make a sequel to F91 before all the craziness that happens in Crossbone.

Rising Dragon 2019-04-30 13:18

Only two F90s were ever created. The Cluster Gundam, while being part of the same series, is an F90III-Y, and actually a notably different machine due to using a Core Block System unlike the F90s or the F90II they were combined into. According to the wiki, the F90III-Y was developed from the F90, rather than being developed alongside them.

That picture shows both F90s. The Cluster Gundam wasn't colored green, so it's not that machine that's shooting at Unit 1.

wavehawk 2019-05-01 08:32

I'm not sure about the green machine. It's either a Jegan or maybe just lit differently? The outline seems to be similarto an F90, and I swear that's a V-fin...but then again considering how fuzzy this is and how bad my eyes at my current age are now...I never got a clear answer about it.

Either way, I'm finally getting a revised F90 kit I hope to get soon. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll have all that english text that's been cropping up in current Bandai MGs...

If they do make an F90 anime, it better be an OVA, not a TV series. At least should be Unicorn-quality work (that's hoping for a lot)...and yeah, a series that leads into an F91 series of OVAs (actually taking time to flesh out the story over multiple episodes instead of cram-packing it into a movie) would be desirable.

AHT 2019-05-07 23:30

RX-104FF Penelope
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6AUIKrUcAYBnrn.jpg

Gundam Sandrock
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ag2GpVUAAJwZ_.jpg

P-Bandai: RG 1/144 Tallgeese III
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RNiL4BASW...lgeese3_02.jpg

RRW 2019-05-08 00:18

Going to get that tallgeasse. Even if i have to pay p-bandai luxury

wavehawk 2019-05-08 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHT (Post 6343230)

- Remind me again what things the Xi Gundam and Penelope have in common. other than the bas MS (Odysseus Gundam)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 6343241)
Going to get that tallgeasse. Even if i have to pay p-bandai luxury

- "Lelouch Vi Brittania Compels you! PAY P-BANDAI PRICES!!!"

Rising Dragon 2019-05-08 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 6343266)
- Remind me again what things the Xi Gundam and Penelope have in common. other than the bas MS (Odysseus Gundam)?

Xi Gundam has a built-in, streamlined version of the Minovsky Craft Flight System that the Odysseus Gundam's Penelope equipment uses.

Chibiloli 2019-05-08 05:45

So, have you guys finally been able to get P-Bandai kits now? I’ve found Some sellers on certain shopping sites that isn’t Amazon that can give me a good deal on P-Bandai kits, said sellers only sell locally though, so people from Tate can’t order them, so far, I got myself the Woundwort and P-Bandai Leo’s, I’ve got a Rebawoo on the way now.

LoweGear 2019-05-08 06:20

So not mentioned above: they also announced an MG Gunner Zaku Warrior Lunamaria Hawke colors, an announcement so out of left field I don't know what to think of it. Considering how many variants the Zaku Warrior has, looks like they have yet another design to milk for all its worth.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Dm5kEXkyU...luna-maria.jpg

wavehawk 2019-05-08 07:54

Well, in its defense at least the MG Zaku Warrior has got a sharp updated look to it, so there's that.

P-Bandai Availability Down Under is hit or miss. I have one source for it and it;s pretty hit or miss. He's definitely picking up the MG F90 for me, but isn't sure if he can grab the S and E pack. Yes I know it's not the top tier mission pack for the F90, but I want to collect all 26 mission packs....