AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-03-31 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5487727)
Thanks, I ordered the RG. Though I still have my finger cross for a future HGBF Build Freedom in the future :D

Even with just a glimpse, you should know that HG Freedom is a sad excuse of a model kit. Not even the old HGUC has proportion that bad. That said, even though the RG is light-years better than the HG in almost every aspect, it’s still not perfect either. The proportion (especially for the legs and big head) is still a bit off and the vents on the face-mask are too big if you look closely. Id, say the MG is still the best representation of Freedom with the Metal Build comes next due to its high-stylized nature.

Skye629 2015-03-31 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5487822)
Even with just a glimpse, you should know that HG Freedom is a sad excuse of a model kit. Not even the old HGUC has proportion that bad. That said, even though the RG is light-years better than the HG in almost every aspect, it’s still not perfect either. The proportion (especially for the legs and big head) is still a bit off and the vents on the face-mask are too big if you look closely. Id, say the MG is still the best representation of Freedom with the Metal Build comes next due to its high-stylized nature.

The new RD looks pretty nice too, but thats not a model kit

Im waiting for a HGCE, or a BF custom (which would also lead to a HGCE), same holds true for both iterations of the Justice, and the SF

Heck 90% of the SEED/DESTINY line needs an update

Galaxian 2015-03-31 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5487822)
Even with just a glimpse, you should know that HG Freedom is a sad excuse of a model kit. Not even the old HGUC has proportion that bad. That said, even though the RG is light-years better than the HG in almost every aspect, itís still not perfect either. The proportion (especially for the legs and big head) is still a bit off and the vents on the face-mask are too big if you look closely. Id, say the MG is still the best representation of Freedom with the Metal Build comes next due to its high-stylized nature.

Sadly, MG was out of pay grade. There was only a $2 difference between the RG and HG Remastered so I went with the latter.

Skye629 2015-03-31 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5487895)
Sadly, MG was out of pay grade. There was only a $2 difference between the RG and HG Remastered so I went with the latter.

Good choice

Really there are only 3 reasons to get the HG SEED Freedom

1. You own every other kit in the line and it's the last one you need for the collection
2. A good modding challenge
3. Kitbashing/custom projects

wavehawk 2015-04-01 04:06

RG Freedom. It still has balance issues due to the weight of wings (can't be helped) but at least the waist mounted railguns are not as fragile or as floppy as the HG version.

Patriot's Blade 2015-04-01 04:54

was there any reason why the old HG C.E. Gundams & their variants had the puffy marshmallow proportions in the first place? its not just technical limitations back in the day right? the HGUC GM units had better proportions for some reason.............

LoweGear 2015-04-01 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5488209)
was there any reason why the old HG C.E. Gundams & their variants had the puffy marshmallow proportions in the first place?

AFAIK because they were using Kunio Okawara's lineart as the base for the models, and those did have the SPACEMARINEHEUG pauldrons.

Skye629 2015-04-01 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5488213)
AFAIK because they were using Kunio Okawara's lineart as the base for the models, and those did have the SPACEMARINEHEUG pauldrons.

This

Thank god they have moved away from that

Skye629 2015-04-01 07:01

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fbo-97muRG...titled-107.jpg

Pretty damn sure the foremost one is that new Zeta that Yuuma built

What are the other two???

Im guessing the rear left is the Leopard Custom unit used by Suga

The rearmost Im assuming is the SD....that Lady Kawaguchi one?

And the right one is obviously Ral's new RickDom

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2015-04-01 07:05

I ordered my first MG, the Delta Plus, and it's bound to arrive next week.

A friend of mine recommended me some time ago to get the Zeta 2.0, but I like the Delta Plus more.

Are there fundamental differences between the two? Cuz both are transforming models..

Skye629 2015-04-01 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus (Post 5488315)
I ordered my first MG, the Delta Plus, and it's bound to arrive next week.

A friend of mine recommended me some time ago to get the Zeta 2.0, but I like the Delta Plus more.

Are there fundamental differences between the two? Cuz both are transforming models..

Not really, similar transformation process, the Zeta just has more room to mess around with since it has a few more weapons/gimmicks and a neat stand

I also suggest you get a stand unless you are going to pose it just standing still

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2015-04-01 08:02

^I bought an action base along with it so I can do aerial poses and stuff..

Skye629 2015-04-01 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus (Post 5488348)
^I bought an action base along with it so I can do aerial poses and stuff..

Sweet, don't expect it to be too dynamic like the SEED MG's though

Post some pics for us when you are done :)



Come to think of it I keep forgetting to post pics of my collection/display for you guys....Maybe I'll get around to it.....sometime

Knight_SV 2015-04-01 21:44

I have the old hg freedom and yes it's terrible kit than the today's standard. I hope bandai will still resuming the all gundam project HG with a HGCE Freedom, HGAC Wing Zero EW(the RG has an issue in the head)

Blue-kun 2015-04-01 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5487479)
Quick question, which would you guys recommend RG Freedom or HG Freedom Remastered?

I got the RG Freedom as my first ever Gunpla kit because I just love the heck out of the Freedom and I'm not disappointed at all. I'm sure I could do a better job at panel lining and what not, and some day I will, but even 'almost straight out of the box' it looks rather nice.

Some somewhat bad pictures taken with a cell phone below. If you're more experienced than I am, expect to be able to make it look better, haha.



And while we're at it, sad story of today. I bought the RG Justice, cause my Freedom's been lonely in my shelf and needs his partner in crime. Couple weeks waiting, it finally gets through customs but is taxed. Then it finally gets to my town this afternoon and I call the post office to ask how much I'll have to pay, all while thinking I'll be able to go pick it up tomorrow.

Guy just tells me I can't go because they won't be open til next monday due to Easter. Or rather, more specifically, they won't open tomorrow because they're mounting a huge stage for the play about Jesus' life RIGHT IN FRONT of the PO and the entrance is blocked so they'll have the day off + friday is a holiday etc.

There goes my long weekend Gunpla extravaganza dream! :heh:

Chibiloli 2015-04-02 03:03

Hey guys, mind if I ask something? I'm looking for a particular HG kit I can use to build a mutirole unit like the Impulse, the thing is, I REALLY like the Impulse too much that I have a slight prejudice against anything else, I was thinking of either getting a Strike or a Build Strike but the colors don't really interest me, then I saw the Build Gundam Mk2 but the head was a turn-off because I realized it was an airmaster head, and as somebody who owns an airmaster, the head kinda looks goofy.

Skye629 2015-04-02 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5489065)
Hey guys, mind if I ask something? I'm looking for a particular HG kit I can use to build a mutirole unit like the Impulse, the thing is, I REALLY like the Impulse too much that I have a slight prejudice against anything else, I was thinking of either getting a Strike or a Build Strike but the colors don't really interest me, then I saw the Build Gundam Mk2 but the head was a turn-off because I realized it was an airmaster head, and as somebody who owns an airmaster, the head kinda looks goofy.

By multirole are you asking a single unit with everything it needs on it, or the ability to swap out packs/parts?

And to what extent are you going to be modifying the kit? Or are you simply looking for an out of the box build/mech that fits what you are asking for?

Im also going to assume that you are asking for a single base unit atm

Knight_SV 2015-04-02 07:57

HGBF Lightning Zeta will serve as base for HGUC revive Zeta Gundam it seems

kct 2015-04-02 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_SV (Post 5489229)
HGBF Lightning Zeta will serve as base for HGUC revive Zeta Gundam it seems

In my opinion problem with a HGUC Revive Zeta Gundam is that it might be a bit of a hard sell, especially in light of the RG Zeta Gundam. Still, given that the RG Strike and HGCE Strike can co-exist together...

wavehawk 2015-04-02 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 5489289)
In my opinion problem with a HGUC Revive Zeta Gundam is that it might be a bit of a hard sell, especially in light of the RG Zeta Gundam. Still, given that the RG Strike and HGCE Strike can co-exist together...

- Here's reasons why an HG Revive Zeta would sell:
- Cheaper than the RG (the number one reason). Remember that the old HGUC Zeta came with a Hypermegalauncher, the RG Zeta did not, and the Build Parts Hypermegalauncher isn't a perfect fit with it.
- Doesn't have the RG transformation system, so will have more robust joints to pose with.
- Easier to put together and more importantly easier to mod with other HG kit parts
- Will have a different design style from either the RG or the older HGUC Zeta (Just compare the HGUC Gundam, the HGUC G30 Gundam, the RG Gundam, and the HG Revive Gundam--they all look noticably different in terms of details)

I'm also hoping that an HG Revive zeta means that Bandai's learned from some of the flaws of the HGUC Zetaplus kit (can't torso twist even though the polycap should allow it to). The whole point of the HG part-swap transformations is so that you get a posable MS mode and a decent transformed mode


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.