AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

darkstrife 2009-08-07 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2566619)
I would have to agree to wait for the next one out for the MG. But i have built my friends Unicorn and with how many parts you have to put together the finish will just get in the way. If you do buy the finished one you either leave it in attack mode or not cause its just a pain to change it. Plus you risk scratching the finish. If you really want one then i suggest the regular MG unicorn that way you can at least customize it to how you like things.

well the transformation doesn't bother me as i'll always leave it in destroy mode (i dont like the unicorn mode). however how is the poseability of the kit in general and when you built the titanium version, did you get a lot of sprue marks on the kit? if so, was there some way you fixed it (do you have any pics)?

Amber.Dawn 2009-08-07 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2566880)
well the transformation doesn't bother me as i'll always leave it in destroy mode (i dont like the unicorn mode). however how is the poseability of the kit in general and when you built the titanium version, did you get a lot of sprue marks on the kit? if so, was there some way you fixed it (do you have any pics)?

Articulation-wise, it's kind of like an old MG (90 degrees for elbows, 40 for knees). However, I don't mind. It's one of the few kits that looks good just standing there.

Sworra 2009-08-07 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2566880)
well the transformation doesn't bother me as i'll always leave it in destroy mode (i dont like the unicorn mode). however how is the poseability of the kit in general and when you built the titanium version, did you get a lot of sprue marks on the kit? if so, was there some way you fixed it (do you have any pics)?

Sorry i only built the regular MG Unicorn and that was enough for me.. If you had the finish on it, i bet it would be a pain to position the parts in and to fit. There are a lot of angles and tight pieces. I don't think the sprue's change between the Titanium finish and the regular MG but you will have marks left from certain pieces like the foot area, some around the legs as well. The kit pretty much hides some what of the marks but you will notice it on the titanium finish. If you want the challenge then the titanium finish would be one

A source that i read from a website about metallic coating or coating period is that you can always gain the same finish with the regular kit with out the sprue marks left on the kit using your own paints. Even if you touch up the marks the paint doesn't always match. Hope this helps.

darkstrife 2009-08-08 03:41

hey guys i really appreciate all the tips and advice in regards to the unicorn gundam. i'm still mulling over whether to purchase it or not. just wondering though, in regards to the sprue marks on the parts, i was thinking of just using the Gundam Marker Silver (GM05) and just apply that over the marks on the pieces. i know that silver won't match 100% to the titanium colour but i reckon its close enough.

i'll also apply decals on to the gundam as well so hopefully it would cover up any slight colour mismatches... what do u guys think?

Calvin329 2009-08-08 06:03

Hey guys, I have MG Exia Ignition Mode, and I'm trying to assemble the LED light, but I've found that the screw for the part is very tight, and I can only force it in with a screwdriver to about 2/3 of the way in.

Is there an easy way to assemble the LED light, or am I just too weak XD?

Ardi220288 2009-08-08 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvin329 (Post 2567661)
Hey guys, I have MG Exia Ignition Mode, and I'm trying to assemble the LED light, but I've found that the screw for the part is very tight, and I can only force it in with a screwdriver to about 2/3 of the way in.

Is there an easy way to assemble the LED light, or am I just too weak XD?

Hmm that's strange mine is pretty fit in. Try to check if you positioned the screw correctly.

ingandeul 2009-08-08 14:56

Man, that sale on the Titanium Finish Unicorn Gundam looks better and better every time I look at it. It is cheaper than original and comes with the gatling gun! /shrug

cupcakes4chris 2009-08-08 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingandeul (Post 2568384)
Man, that sale on the Titanium Finish Unicorn Gundam looks better and better every time I look at it. It is cheaper than original and comes with the gatling gun! /shrug

i don't think it comes with the gatling gun, does it?

cf18 2009-08-08 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes4chris (Post 2568484)
i don't think it comes with the gatling gun, does it?

It don't. The only thing it have over the regular release is the titanium coating, and extra water slide decal for the V fin.

ingandeul 2009-08-08 17:23

Ah, yeah it doesn't. My fault. I just saw a picture of one and didn't realize the guy redid the gatling gun from earlier. :( Still, it's cheaper!

Calvin329 2009-08-08 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardi220288 (Post 2568379)
Hmm that's strange mine is pretty fit in. Try to check if you positioned the screw correctly.

Yea um I fixed one LED. The other one... it looks as if I've screwed it properly, but the LED either doesnt turn on or flickers. (it only works properly if you press onto it, so I'm assuming that's a contact problem?)

Ardi220288 2009-08-09 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvin329 (Post 2568686)
Yea um I fixed one LED. The other one... it looks as if I've screwed it properly, but the LED either doesnt turn on or flickers. (it only works properly if you press onto it, so I'm assuming that's a contact problem?)

I'm guessing you might screw it a little bit forcefully sometimes that might happen since I don't have problem with mine :heh:

GrahamAker 2009-08-09 01:46

what is preferable robot damashi or hg 1/144?

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-08-09 03:15

I go with Robot Damashi, they're finely detailed and are extremely durable.

Calvin329 2009-08-09 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardi220288 (Post 2569156)
I'm guessing you might screw it a little bit forcefully sometimes that might happen since I don't have problem with mine :heh:

Nah, one of the LED is like permanently retarded. Oh well, thanks for your help anyway.

narcotaku 2009-08-10 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvin329 (Post 2569297)
Nah, one of the LED is like permanently retarded. Oh well, thanks for your help anyway.

i think the grooves for the screw might have worn out, it happens real easily with these LEDs and therefore there's not enough force to secure the battery down, so what I would do is wrap some tape around the screw to make it thicker and then screw it in, just wrap everything but the head

furato 2009-08-10 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhus12 (Post 2569181)
what is preferable robot damashi or hg 1/144?

Depends on what you're looking for. If you like building kits, painting etc. then definitely HG because RD is preassembled action figure, not model kit. If you want to play with them extensively in all sorts of action poses, then RD. If cost is a concern, then HG, because RD is about 1,000 yen more expensive.

Sir Dearka 2009-08-10 04:35

Robot damashiis are durable but somehow it feels that they are more "toyish". The degree of detail may be similar, but I often see that the paint somehow makes them look more... cheap. But that's just me.

I love Code Geass Damashiis but the Gundam ones... not so much. With the exception of Gadessa.

Alexus_Z3 2009-08-10 11:56

Finally my MG Exia arrived. This will be my first time building a MG - is there any precaution or tips that I should take? I love the kit and I don't want to screw it up :upset:

yusawateva 2009-08-10 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 (Post 2572127)
Finally my MG Exia arrived. This will be my first time building a MG - is there any precaution or tips that I should take? I love the kit and I don't want to screw it up :upset:

don't rush, check twice before you lock two pieces together (make sure you are not missing anything like a polycap inside before snapping two piece shut) pay attention and have fun


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.