AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   School Rumble (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Second Term Episode 3 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31141)

Catgirls 2006-04-16 10:44

Second Term Episode 3 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode of School Rumble Second Term. In the future we'll try and create the thread before each weekend ready for when the episode airs.

While none of the School Rumble anime series have been licensed yet, they are produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this forum.
  • Asking where you can find School Rumble downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing School Rumble fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading School Rumble.
  • Asking for playback help for School Rumble episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

This restriction applies to
  • School Rumble (first series)
  • School Rumble OVA
  • School Rumble (second series)

School Rumble manga has also been licensed by Del Rey.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs either.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Episode 2]Wait, does the Bloody Mary Faction mean what I think it means[/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Episode 2:

hi no ken Jebus 2006-04-16 15:01

Spoiler:

Omniscient 2006-04-16 17:25

Episode 03 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

YakuMoFan~ 2006-04-17 00:28

I havent watched it yet , But im hoping its good, So far, as you have told xD

knightsljx 2006-04-17 08:58

Spoiler:

Onizuka-GTO 2006-04-17 09:54

Oh...My.....HARUHI!

I wish i didn't download that LQ speed fansub by "Ore wa Otou-san".

oh the fonts.....the fonts..DEY BURN ME EYES!.... >.<

while the episodes was ok, i wish there was more harima x eri/yukomo

:(

Forever 2006-04-17 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Oh...My.....HARUHI!

I wish i didn't download that LQ speed fansub by "Ore wa Otou-san".

oh the fonts.....the fonts..DEY BURN ME EYES!.... >.<

while the episodes was ok, i wish there was more harima x eri/yukomo

:(

Well i died laughing watching some unknown sub from somewhere when they spell karasuma-kun as kamasutra-kun

Aidan 2006-04-17 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightsljx
Spoiler:

I completely agree. One of my favorite movies.

Anyway this episode was in one word: awesome.
I love how they make the dramatic scene light hearted. Although the scene between Tenma and mr. turtle… >.<
that was a bit too much.

wiseman 2006-04-17 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightsljx
Spoiler:

I think the same as you too.

look is this!!

Spoiler:

i posted another one here

Shadowscar 2006-04-17 14:25

I was saddened by this episode, 2 had built this episode up so well and then everything came crashing down :(

Decagon 2006-04-17 22:50

Spoiler:

FlyByNite 2006-04-20 21:21

they're really blowing throughthe manga I expected the survival game to take up like four episodes at a minimum and they did it in two.

Spoiler:

ayyo 2006-04-20 22:41

Spoiler:

KaneDragon 2006-04-21 00:50

Heh. Harima waiting for Hanai before shooting Mikoto = Win. Miko-chan~ XD

And I don't know what's in the manga, but two episodes is plenty for this survival game. Moving on...

DrewGSR 2006-04-21 03:37

Lmao, I could've sworn through the battle scene of this episode I thought I was watching a Chow Yun-Fat / John Woo movie. Esspecially with the gun fight , now that you mentioned it totally is like the movie Equilibruim. Anyways I thought the episode was great and entertaining.

Definately Harima's delay finishing shot on Mikoto was awsome, waiting for Hanai so he can see it lol. Thats just plain evil yet genuis at the same time.

Wandering_Youth 2006-04-21 03:57

Boo hoo! The whole survival game was so interesting and I have to agree with others that it ended a tad too early.

Spoiler:

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2006-04-21 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Boo hoo! The whole survival game was so interesting and I have to agree with others that it ended a tad too early.

Spoiler:

The question in your first sentence is answered by your own second sentence.

Wandering_Youth 2006-04-21 09:24

Let me rephrase that.

How come there is blood in episode 3 yet there was no blood anywhere in episode 2. Did the directors screw up or something?

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2006-04-21 10:02

Quote:

Let me rephrase that.

How come there is blood in episode 3 yet there was no blood anywhere in episode 2. Did the directors screw up or something?

You already answered the question yourself.

The episode 3 battle footage is different, because it is modified by Akira for her film project. The blood, the drama, the freeze frame... They are all there to spice up the film. Akira is a master with CG blood, it appears.

Swampstorm 2006-04-21 10:03

Quote:

Let me rephrase that.

Episode 2 is viewed from the usual perspective. When characters get shot by the airsoft guns, they play dead.

Episode 3 is viewed from the perspective of the movie that Akira is recording. When the game ends, the screen zooms out from Akira's computer. Episode 2 felt closer to the manga, since they went with more 'normal' action sequences. The action scenes in Episode 3 were very much exaggerated in comparison - the addition of the blood and the fight scene on the roof pushes the episode to be almost a caricature of the manga chapters that it was based on. I thought it was an interesting effect.