AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Episode 210 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38905)

ElvenPath 2006-11-17 11:24

Episode 210 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • NO Manga Spoilers
    • If you don't like the fillers then DO NOT POST
      Filler discussion/news is located in the Fillers Discussion thread
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic and leave future episode spoilers out of the thread.
    • Please do not whine / moan / complain about the episode.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Xelsol 2006-11-17 14:47

Decent Episode, one thing that got on my nerves was the way Sakura and Lee were running when they were talking about Naruto.

S_C_L-1 2006-11-17 15:19

OK ep... unfortunately, it looks like 211 is gonna be a fillertastic "change your ways" kind of thing... eh, w/e... not like any 1 got their hopes up for this arc right?... right?

Quote:

one thing that got on my nerves was the way Sakura and Lee were running when they were talking about Naruto.
that was an illusion of speed... altho they didnt get the right number of frames in it... or they couldve just faded it more during the transition... oh well.

I gave the ep. a 3

Xelsol 2006-11-17 16:00

Well whatever happened to the ninja running style? You know the arms behind the back, leaning forward run.

chuckcsf 2006-11-17 17:20

Kage Bunshin...Rasengan...Kage Bunshin...Rasengan... The sad part is, it would take how many episodes until we get to the part where he developes a new jutsu?

Blaine 2006-11-17 18:22

Yeah seems like he only has 2 jutsu

Mangs 2006-11-17 21:01

!Warning! Wall of text incomming (Mangs is in a writing mood tonight :D)

This episode was bad. I was looking forward to it, and it didn't meet my expectations at all. This is some of the things that made me mad;

-Naruto used Rasengan two times during this episode, and both of them were a complete waste of chakra. A kunai with an attached exploding note would do exactly the same work.

-About the guy with that huge thing on his hand; if he could just run trough the ground, creating a path underneath the surface, why would the trick Naruto did at the end of the movie (a rasengan which caused the hole to collapse) stop him? Why couldn't he just smash his way trough the way he did earlier, after all Gantetsu created that hole in the first place with his fists :confused:

-The way Sakura and Lee was running, yeah it confused me too.

-When Gantetsu threw Naruto up from the hole in the ground, Naruto just suddenly changed his fall direction in the air and came back the same way with the Rasengan. This is weird, because it's impossible even for a ninja to change his direction while in thin air. We have wall climb and water walk jutsus, but there's yet to be found an air walk jutsu, and even if it exists we can say for sure that Naruto does not acknowledge it. I guess they could make this happen by for example causing his shadow clone to push him in the air towards that direction, but they didn't, and that makes me sad.

Good things about this episode however;

-As we all excepted, Gantetsu turned out not to be not willingly to be rescued by his friends. I must believed I was excepting him to regret what he did in the past and come along willingly to answer for his crimes, thank god that this was not the case. That he was actually a betrayer of his comrades and that they were out to get him, not to rescue him was an interesting plot, it really made me happy that the filler still had some originality to it.

-I liked the end, it was really dramatic, and especially the way Torodoki continually became angrier as time went by, and eventually broke and attacked Gantetsu. This is a weak, good point (if you know what I mean) however, because of the fact that we know Naruto is going to stop him, and even without Naruto he wouldn't succeed in taking down Gantetsu (he doesn’t even know ninjitsu, and look at that huge guy).

-I like the fact that Naruto is finally facing some decent opponents. I’m tired of watching him beating thugs and old guys. I hope we will see him pushed a little in the coming episodes.

-Even though the rasengan was wasted, useless and idiotic (like always in the filler episodes), it at least looked a little awesome when he jumped down, and I missed the great explosions from it ^_^

I’m not to sure if I’m looking forward to the coming episode or not. Truth be told I’m not too impressed with the preview for next week. I gave this episode a 2, I would have given it a 3 if the episode from last week wasn't as good, but I do believe that in an arc, you can give minus points for an episode if it's scaling down, compared to last week.

Naruto's_girl 2006-11-17 22:15

http://195.20.14.200/0/36/62/34/tris...e_de_gaara.jpgI think it was kind of intense. How would you feel if your family was killed and you thought you say who did it? I have a little bro and if it ever happend to me, I would feel so sad and alone now. So think twice about it.

Ichimaru 2006-11-18 02:45

this eps made rock lee look like an idiot of a ninja, expecially when he fell into the river

dude must know how to swim, or he can mold chakra and walk on water like jesus

Xelsol 2006-11-18 03:04

Well for one, he can't mold chakra so he wouldn't be able to walk on water. As for swimming, remember in the chuunin preliminaries, when he was fighting Gaara? When he dropped the weights from his ankles, damn things must have weighed a couple pounds each. That was back then, imagine how much those weights have increased by now... You try swimming with like 500 pounds pulling at your legs.

Mr. DJ 2006-11-18 06:50

though Torodoki is too dumb to think that Gentetsu was actually protecting his little brother from INHALING SMOKE

yes I can understand his being pissed...I can't quite think of the word...just right now Toro is being a idiot.

besides Lee and Sakura's running...the only other thing that bugged me is when they did profile shots of Gentetsu, his body would be 3/4 shot, but his head would be 1/2 shot...

Also...does anyone else feel reminded of T. Hawk from Street Fighter?

Guido 2006-11-18 11:27

Nothing of a big surprise comes off into this episode, however, Naruto actually deduced a highly logical reasoning concerning the Shinobazu taking advantage of their home turf atmosphere and terrain when it won't matter whether Todoroki and Naruto had trusted Gantetsu to lead the way or not.

For a change Naruto thought with logic.:eyespin:

Aside from that, the fight with the drilling-claw guy was not impressive but presented in such oft put manner or stick too much to the filler's routine.

zamme 2006-11-18 12:36

Me like.

Me think it's good except Rasengan spam and lousy animation such as Lee-Sakura running reduces a point from a near perfect filler class episode.

Me give 4/5 for good story, char design and that guy with that arm in that fight that he lost in that hole.

juggen 2006-11-18 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelsol (Post 743548)
Well for one, he can't mold chakra so he wouldn't be able to walk on water. As for swimming, remember in the chuunin preliminaries, when he was fighting Gaara? When he dropped the weights from his ankles, damn things must have weighed a couple pounds each. That was back then, imagine how much those weights have increased by now... You try swimming with like 500 pounds pulling at your legs.

Things gets lighter in water though, so if he can walk/run with 'em, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to swim with 'em too.

Guardi 2006-11-18 12:43

This episode sucked big time. It even made me laugh because most of the time it looked like the animaters just didn't put any effort in this episode.
Things that looked stupid:
- When the bad guy shot with his umbrella, it just looked stupid
- When the boat fell off the cliff, look at narutos animations. Right, there wasnt even an animation, they just turned him upside down... omg
- the boat exploded wtf!?
- the kids threw with swords and other weapons instead of daggers
- the kid was running super slow, still lee who ist super fast cant keep up with him. the way HOW they ran looke idiotic.
...and there is a lot more

the whole script of the episode was a mess.
Like i said, this episode just looks like the producers of naruto have no motivation at all to make this show

sorry for bad english

edit: Do me a favor and watch Death Note. The best anime ive seen in a long time next to Mushishi. The last episode was superb.

itachiofakatsuki 2006-11-18 14:09

it was just another fill it was pretty dumb and just wierd....................

S_C_L-1 2006-11-18 14:26

That drill hand guy's character design was like a non-badass sound genin (Dosu Kinuta in specific)... those guys actually had interesting weapons.

OR, maybe his MECHA drill arm is chakra activated? (lol)

Electroguy 2006-11-18 15:52

Next Episode airs on the 30th of Nov.

This ep was garbage.

Naruto & Rock Lee are arguably two of the most powerful ninja's in the entire series of "Naruto" yet they seem to be destined to suck very hard and very often in these god-forsaken fillers.

Gantetsu ,as I speculated from the moment I saw him, is proving himself to be a good guy. The rest of this arc is too predictable and too lazy. I really don't know how much more of this I can take....:(

full metal x 2006-11-18 18:42

This is killing me the ep suck way way to much filler and lee and naruto suck comon you can do better then that. Again naruto to much abuse on rasengan comon show some taijitsu???

Mangs 2006-11-18 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggen (Post 743828)
Things gets lighter in water though, so if he can walk/run with 'em, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to swim with 'em too.

Excuse me, but are you stupid? :eyebrow:

So you are saying that if you can wear a full, plate mail armor and walk and run around in it, you can swim with it too?