AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2012-08-18 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4310368)
To be honest I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't even get another AGE MG. And if we do, it'll be one of Kio's so they can just finish off with all three Asuno's having a kit. I just pray there's going to be a fourth OST so I can complete my collection of those.

We got the MG Age-1 series pretty fast. I suspect Bandai is just waiting for when to release it. They can't just flood the market all at once with all these Age kits. They're spreading out the releases I think so that they can keep the Age series relevant in the GunPla community.

Plant42 2012-08-18 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 4310331)
No its not, AGE is barely making them any money at all. both DVD/BDs and kit sales are lower than X's

doubtful, they tried that with Gen-1 and it seems like they dumped the idea quick.

Why? there is no point. AGE isnt selling well in any market, the viewer ratings are horrible aswell, Even if 15 people from this thread bought 100kits each it might double their sale ratings, but it would still be subpar

After finish building MG AGE-2 Normal(and now enjoy its awesomeness) from the structure of runners, I'm sure at least we will get the MG AGE-2DB.

Appel 2012-08-18 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4310335)
So you think Bandai is going to ditch the Age series and not bother with MG's for it?

1. series is still running
2. the bluray/dvd sales i knew weren't gonna sell since bandai is notorious for severely overpricing them
3. where's the proof that their kit sales are lower than Gundam X? seems like a lot of people on youtube and the gunpla community in general are buying the kits, reviewing them, etc
4. why do you say it's doubtful we'll get the rest of the leads + variations in mg? for example we have the mg age-2 normal that's out now. the double bullet can easily be done and the special ops variations can be released as a p-bandai exclusive

1. so? there are other shows that already finished that didnt get a lot of attention during and after their initial run as well.
2. i dont know the prices but the bluray and DVD boxes are rather irrelevant anyway, gundam shows are meant to sell lots of toys and not the show itself.
3. you are talking about people who import these kits. but bandais main market is those who actually live in japan.
ive been in osaka both during the release of the HG AGE-3 normal and the RG MK-II titans version. while i had no problem at all to pick up an AGE-3 the MK-II was sold out in a couple of hours. the same counts for all other AGE kits. they still had TONS of them lying around. not a single one of them was sold out.
4. the show isnt a TOTAL failure though. i think we will see a couple more MGs but none of the more exotic suits. maybe they will release a couple of exclusives as well but i dont see them doing that any time soon.

duotiga 2012-08-18 09:25

just to make nike happy....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...a83/age2n1.jpg....

but then compare to uc kits....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tiga83/mgv.jpg

Im starting to give up the HG Age kit & slowly wait for the main protagonist suits instead

suiton629 2012-08-18 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plant42 (Post 4310376)
After finish building MG AGE-2 Normal(and now enjoy its awesomeness) from the structure of runners, I'm sure at least we will get the MG AGE-2DB.

...and the MG Age-2 Normal (Special Ops) as a online exclusive release...

The HG version of it sold out pretty fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4310388)
just to make nike happy....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...a83/age2n1.jpg....

but then compare to uc kits....

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tiga83/mgv.jpg

Im starting to give up the HG Age kit & slowly wait for the main protagonist suits instead

Um. How is that "just to make nike happy"...?

My MG Age-2 Normal (and an Action Base 1 Black) is coming from GG. I pre-ordered it.

Znozzy 2012-08-18 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4310335)
So you think Bandai is going to ditch the Age series and not bother with MG's for it?

1. series is still running

Gundam X
Quote:

2. the bluray/dvd sales i knew weren't gonna sell since bandai is notorious for severely overpricing them
Irrelevant, most other Gundam shows are selling well, take Unicorn for example.

Quote:

3. where's the proof that their kit sales are lower than Gundam X? seems like a lot of people on youtube and the gunpla community in general are buying the kits, reviewing them, etc
Reviews on youtube are irrelevant, if youtube was around in the 90s you would've seen as many for X as for Age

Check their sales ratings, if not check the picture i posted in the AGE General thread
Quote:

4. why do you say it's doubtful we'll get the rest of the leads + variations in mg? for example we have the mg age-2 normal that's out now. the double bullet can easily be done and the special ops variations can be released as a p-bandai exclusive
Personally i am really hoping for a AGE-2 DB, but its doubtfull we will get all variants of the main gundam from all Generations due to how poor AGE is performing in terms of sales.

at the least we might see a MG AGE-3 normal and a AGE-FX.

firefox 2012-08-18 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4310382)
1. so? there are other shows that already finished that didnt get a lot of attention during and after their initial run as well.
2. i dont know the prices but the bluray and DVD boxes are rather irrelevant anyway, gundam shows are meant to sell lots of toys and not the show itself.
3. you are talking about people who import these kits. but bandais main market is those who actually live in japan.
ive been in osaka both during the release of the HG AGE-3 normal and the RG MK-II titans version. while i had no problem at all to pick up an AGE-3 the MK-II was sold out in a couple of hours. the same counts for all other AGE kits. they still had TONS of them lying around. not a single one of them was sold out.
4. the show isnt a TOTAL failure though. i think we will see a couple more MGs but none of the more exotic suits. maybe they will release a couple of exclusives as well but i dont see them doing that any time soon.

that's alot of speculation from both of you.

Bandai doens't share it's target's, even if a series does well it might not do as well as bandai hoped. These days bandai sets it's standard a bit too high i think, with seed and 00 having really boosted gundam popularity and sales, they expect every new series to do even better. this sometimes fails. Also there is too much merchandise, you can't buy everything.

DVD sales are not irrelevant, if so they wouldn't even be released in other continents. It's a way of making publicity for the brand and to get new fans, because gundam series are rarely shown outside japan on TV. And yes they are nothoriously overpriced. I always wait till Beez or Animelegends release the entire serie in 2 boxsets, alot cheaper!.

AGE alrready was special because it was having MG's during the airing of the series, something never done with a mainline series. Mostly you get MG'sa few years later. Also the 1/144 HG kits from age are really good qualitywise, which does hamper MG sales. Personaly i don't like AGE-3 suits, but i love AGE-1 and AGE 2 stuff.

Personally i've only seen a few episodes so i can't judge the quality of the series, but it didn't look that bad.

Znozzy 2012-08-18 12:07

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4536/agedata.jpg

*3, *9,531 **9,531 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed HD Remaster Blu-ray Box vol.2 Limited Edition

Bonta Kun 2012-08-18 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4310388)

I was thinking over just other day want I wanted to do with the AGE series. I'd like to get the MG but atm only the AGe-1 and Spallow are one's I d get.
So thought I'd leave the MG's alone since I see the G-EXE not being likely to get a release and just go for all HG.
However after thinking about it, I'm not sure I want to sink alot of money into the AGE(which I'd probably end up doing with loads of HG), so I might do the same and just get AGE-1/2/3 as MG and leave it at that.
And if by chance the G-EXE or Bouncer gets a Mg then guess I can pick that up as well.
But can't see me getting to into AGE at this point now.
HLJ's new updated shipping fee thingy, has severely bumped up the price to ship some models now. In some cases more than the model itself like the IWSP.

Appel 2012-08-18 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4310590)
HLJ's new updated shipping fee thingy, has severely bumped up the price to ship some models now. In some cases more than the model itself like the IWSP.

really? i didnt notice that so far. the shipping for my MG blitz was just as high as it always was, i didnt notice a significant difference.

also, i just saved my MG strike freedom! again! XP out of curiosity i checked the new action base connector. it is clear afterall and i dont trust clear plastic.
and what do you know! it already had a crack in it...
so for now it will have to stay grounded on my shelf. shouldnt be a problem though, even of it does fall over it wouldnt fall off the shelf.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-18 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4310777)
also, i just saved my MG strike freedom! again! XP out of curiosity i checked the new action base connector. it is clear afterall and i dont trust clear plastic.
so for now it will have to stay grounded on my shelf. shouldnt be a problem though, even of it does fall over it wouldnt fall off the shelf.

I suggest to put it in a kneeling pose until you find a solution. Better to be safe than sorry ;)

Appel 2012-08-18 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4310780)
I suggest to put it in a kneeling pose until you find a solution. Better to be safe than sorry ;)

i hate kneeling poses^^ plus, in a pose like that you cant see it when it is on the very top of the shelf XD
it is standing rather securely right now. if it falls over backwards it hits the wall, if it falls over forwards it will still be on the shelf. it would literally have to jump to fall off the shelf^^

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-08-18 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4310853)
i hate kneeling poses^^ plus, in a pose like that you cant see it when it is on the very top of the shelf XD
it is standing rather securely right now. if it falls over backwards it hits the wall, if it falls over forwards it will still be on the shelf. it would literally have to jump to fall off the shelf^^

Well, then let's hope it doesn't fall over again ;)

duotiga 2012-08-18 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4310590)
I was thinking over just other day want I wanted to do with the AGE series. I'd like to get the MG but atm only the AGe-1 and Spallow are one's I d get.
So thought I'd leave the MG's alone since I see the G-EXE not being likely to get a release and just go for all HG.
However after thinking about it, I'm not sure I want to sink alot of money into the AGE(which I'd probably end up doing with loads of HG), so I might do the same and just get AGE-1/2/3 as MG and leave it at that.
And if by chance the G-EXE or Bouncer gets a Mg then guess I can pick that up as well.
But can't see me getting to into AGE at this point now.

what i'm thinking is for MG the main protagonist (Age-1/2/3/FX & the variants) & the most Legillis (if happen to be out) , as for HG , is depend on which i like then i would get (as of now only Zedas, farsia, Age 1 variants, Age 2 variants & age 3 normal)

casval cehack 2012-08-18 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4310777)
really? i didnt notice that so far. the shipping for my MG blitz was just as high as it always was, i didnt notice a significant difference.

Clear parts are clearly suspect.

Znozzy 2012-08-19 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4311192)
Clear parts are clearly suspect.

Yeah, its like you can see right through them and know what they are hiding ;)

X207 2012-08-19 18:59

i do hope they release the Zeydars MS, its one of the few i want from AGE .

suiton629 2012-08-19 19:04

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QGPTzs3jKQ.../s1600/99e.jpg

So apparently, the cockpit for Legillis is on the head. This would make an amazing MG.

Agree?
Disagree?

bio9205 2012-08-19 19:12

Amazing if they manage to pull it off. I really hope we see it in MG, but the cockpit is probably one of the things that's stopping Bandai from making one. It's going to be a feat of engineering, given how small it's going to be. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Bandai scrapped the head cockpit altogether if we're going to get a MG Legilis.

MakubeX2 2012-08-19 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4312580)
Amazing if they manage to pull it off. I really hope we see it in MG, but the cockpit is probably one of the things that's stopping Bandai from making one. It's going to be a feat of engineering, given how small it's going to be.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9104/m7011.jpg