AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Tormenk 2009-03-14 11:59

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I did miss the Raiser Sword part among the new images, my bad.

Scavenger 2009-03-14 15:14

Robot Damashii Regnant is friggin huge.

http://tamashii.jp/special/robot_dam...00245&level=02

50 CM wingspan.. Yikes! Huge box unless you can pull some parts off.

LoweGear 2009-03-14 15:18

The box shouldn't be any larger than many Master Grade boxes then :heh:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-03-14 15:49

It shouldn't cost less than 100 bucks either. That mother is gonna EXPENSIVE.

Calvin329 2009-03-14 16:47

I doubt many people would buy it, it'll be heaps expensive.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-03-14 16:50

If a mere two pack of Seravee and Seraphim cost nearly 50 bucks, than something like Regnant has gotta be double that.

JayCee 2009-03-14 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna.F.Seiei (Post 2272071)
hey thanks!!! its sure is a big help!! one more question...do u spray something tat sort of remove the gloss of the plastic?(i think its something call finishing spray)

Use a matt top coat spray or semi gloss if you prefer. Most gunplay builders prefer using Mr hobby top coat range. But feel free to find alternatives

MrCapcom 2009-03-14 18:24

Here you go Sir Dearka

Got my video review up on youtube for it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1exPxRkmds
And here is a pic of Destiny MG I just finished well its not finished I still gotta panel line and chrome paint some more stuff

Spoiler for What my shelf looks like now:

I changed everyone's poses and such

Un1ver5e 2009-03-14 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the Man (Post 2271838)
5. Ultra-Fine Tipped Sharpie - Essential for panel lines. They have actual Gundam Markers with a point that small, but the Sharpies are a hell of a lot cheaper and do the same job just as good.

Just enquiring, are the Sharpies permanent? I use mainly Gundam markers because besides having sharp tips(for the first few uses anyway), they allow me to use my finger to rub across the lines, making them cleaner. A permanent marker which does not allow you to rub away the excess ink will not be as effective.

I'm trying to source for a cheaper alternative though, preferably with a metal tip. Any suggestions?

vektar 2009-03-14 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2272863)
I'm trying to source for a cheaper alternative though, preferably with a metal tip. Any suggestions?

I use a Pigma Micron 005 to do my panel lines. It actully has a finer tip then the gundam fine point marker pen, so it gets in the lines much better, and it rubs off most surfaces if you mess up.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...m/IMG_0382.jpg

Dan the Man 2009-03-14 23:06

Quote:

Just enquiring, are the Sharpies permanent? I use mainly Gundam markers because besides having sharp tips(for the first few uses anyway), they allow me to use my finger to rub across the lines, making them cleaner. A permanent marker which does not allow you to rub away the excess ink will not be as effective.

Actually, the sharpies do rub off with enough elbow/thumb grease. It comes right off with little trouble, though it does smear a bit, so I'd rub a bit more just to get that extra ink off.

Tkpenalty 2009-03-14 23:18

Quote:

Yes they are, but you could use a cotton bud dipped in very diluted methylated spirits if you want to remove the lines.

Dan the Man 2009-03-14 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkpenalty (Post 2273195)
Yes they are, but you could use a cotton bud dipped in very diluted methylated spirits if you want to remove the lines.

... Rubbing alcohol works too. Sounds less complicated than diluted methylated spirits... :D

cupcakes4chris 2009-03-14 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2273155)
I use a Pigma Micron 005 to do my panel lines. It actully has a finer tip then the gundam fine point marker pen, so it gets in the lines much better, and it rubs off most surfaces if you mess up.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...m/IMG_0382.jpg

Cool, where can i find one of those in the us?

Un1ver5e 2009-03-14 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2273155)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the Man (Post 2273187)
Actually, the sharpies do rub off with enough elbow/thumb grease. It comes right off with little trouble, though it does smear a bit, so I'd rub a bit more just to get that extra ink off.

Thanks, I'll pop by the neighbourhood stationery store later and try them out.

MrCapcom 2009-03-14 23:48

I got mines from micheals on baltimore pike was like 5 bucks or so

Tkpenalty 2009-03-15 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the Man (Post 2273218)
... Rubbing alcohol works too. Sounds less complicated than diluted methylated spirits... :D

I said diluted for a reason, because if its 100% ethanol then you may end up having the meth eat more than the permanent marker lines.

Ottocycle 2009-03-15 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCapcom (Post 2272801)
Spoiler for What my shelf looks like now:

An interesting perspective on this picture would be that the gigantic Destiny is now going to chop up the puny SF below it. (For stealing its series title screen or something?) :p

Did you intend to show it like that?

Akyra 2009-03-15 09:32

Just wondering, if I am missing a part from the runners, can I contact Bandai and get them to mail me a replacement? Thing is, this is a HG 1/100 Gundam Maxter from G Gundam....

EDIT: I only found out there's a part missing when I got up to that particular part (it's missing the lower torso where it connects to the front and back skirts and the legs)

Also, how much is it

Tormenk 2009-03-15 11:34

This kind of service is not available, to my knowledge. Even the next best solution, ordering parts from Bandai only works in Japan.

You can try ordering runners from Hobbylink Japan though I have no idea on the costs since I have never used their services before.