AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ouran Host Club (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Ouran Host Club Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32024)

xris 2006-05-09 13:23

Ouran Host Club Q & A

This thread is for those with questions about the Ouran High School Host Club anime and manga. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the manga (or any non-anime source). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read this FAQ.

Spoiler tag example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler] becomes

Spoiler for title:

iamandragon 2006-05-12 07:52

Just watched episode 1....so funny...when is this anime aired on?

Catgirls 2006-05-12 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamandragon
Just watched episode 1....so funny...when is this anime aired on?

It airs Wednesdays at 12:50 AM (Japan time). You can convert that time to your local time zone via this site: TimeandDate.com. For example: this show airs Tuesday at 11:50 AM for me (EST).

iamandragon 2006-05-13 06:13

Ooooooo thanks. Though I found out that the english subs are aired on Wednesdays on f--sub.tv...(if you want to to know the whole URL of fan---.tv please pm me)

riznar 2006-05-21 00:00

Do we know how many episodes it will run for? The thread in the general section doesn't say.

NoSanninWa 2006-05-21 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by riznar
Do we know how many episodes it will run for? The thread in the general section doesn't say.

That number is currently unknown.

iamandragon 2006-05-21 14:48

It's still ongoing, though IMO 13-20 episodes will be optimum. Too long and the jokes will get repeatitive which is not good...

roxfan 2006-05-21 16:47

Shoboi Calendar has 13.

Dagger 2006-05-21 16:59

On the other hand, there are apparently going to be nine DVDs released, and the first DVD has two episodes, so that would point toward about 26 episodes (assuming that there will be DVDs with 3 episodes, which seems more likely than DVDs with just one episode).

Shiroth 2006-05-23 08:34

Ouran just comes across as a 13 episode series to me - of course i'd love it to be 24/26 episodes long.

Seems as though the first episode is going to have two episodes, i'm seeing more along the lines of a 12 episode series.

Noodlehead 2006-05-24 18:06

I seriously can't see Ouran as a 13 episode series. It gives off a Furuba vibe for me, except crazier and less serious, so anything less than 26 episodes seems odd.

Anyway... here's an official confirmation of how long the series will be. It's from NTV's English website.

Looks like it will be 26 episodes after all. =D

~ Noodlehead

Catgirls 2006-05-24 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodlehead
Anyway... here's an official confirmation of how long the series will be. It's from NTV's English website.

Looks like it will be 26 episodes after all. =D

Excellent! Nice find. Thanks. :)
Quote:

Ouran High School Host Club - 30 min x 26 eps. / Japanese Track

Aiya Kasai 2006-06-26 21:22

Uhmm....is Ouran Host club shonnen ai?

I dun really know anymore...and...I want to know before I watch it.

riznar 2006-06-26 21:46

It has lots of buttsecks and grunting.

No not really really.

It's a harem anime.

Aiya Kasai 2006-06-26 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by riznar
It has lots of buttsecks and grunting.

No not really really.

It's a harem anime.

xD...very funny

eh...um..whats harem? My vocab doesn't have that word *feels dumb*

riznar 2006-06-26 22:20

Just watch the entire first episode, you don't have anything to worry about, but I don't want to spoil anything. ;)

Aiya Kasai 2006-06-26 23:04

OOohhhh i get it now. Thanks for answering my question...:)

Pale Sqwish 2006-06-27 01:24

what does 'Moe' mean? The Otaku girl kept saying it O_o?

NoSanninWa 2006-06-27 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Sqwish
what does 'Moe' mean? The Otaku girl kept saying it O_o?

Well, it is generally accepted that it is impossible to explain the meaning of moe in English words, but perhaps you might get it if you read the five posts starting here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...337#post381337

According to kj1980 those posts make a great description of moe (as well as a really good 4-koma manga).

spyder101v2 2006-07-01 15:29

Wait, what channel does Host Club air on??

myopius 2006-07-03 02:45

Hopefully this doesn't sound odd (I'm serious), but are the reactions of the girls toward members of the host club legitimately caused? Of course they're exaggerated, but are these things girls in the real world would really generally find moe? If those girls didn't pick up on the hosts' goofiness and/or reject them offhand, of course (most real girls would, I'd... hope).

I'm just genuinely curious, I always think popular culture is more in touch with women's psychology than I am and so am interested to observe these things.

Edit: In response to spyder101v2, I just checked anidb and it says Nippon Television Network is related to it--not sure if that helps.

spyder101v2 2006-07-06 17:57

thank you dude : )

Shirobane 2006-07-09 00:44

Hmm, I've got a question I've been wondering for a while. The guys of the Host Club fit their architypes well...all except for one, how does Morinozuka Takashi (Mori-senpai) fit into the "wild" archetype?

bubu 2006-07-09 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by myopius
Hopefully this doesn't sound odd (I'm serious), but are the reactions of the girls toward members of the host club legitimately caused? Of course they're exaggerated, but are these things girls in the real world would really generally find moe? If those girls didn't pick up on the hosts' goofiness and/or reject them offhand, of course (most real girls would, I'd... hope).

If you see the number of yaoi fangirls that are around these days, I think that plenty of girls would go all "moe" for the twins and Honey+Mori...and Tamaki is gorgeous. I'd swoon for him!

As far as Mori, he's not the wild type like "wild and crazy guy"...more like a wild animal in touch with his natural instincts, like when he could sense where Honey was when he got lost in episode 7. At least that's what I think.:p

domino 2006-07-09 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirobane
Hmm, I've got a question I've been wondering for a while. The guys of the Host Club fit their architypes well...all except for one, how does Morinozuka Takashi (Mori-senpai) fit into the "wild" archetype?

I think they're referring to the way he's a kind of a loner (always silent in the background). He has short messy hair and wears his uniform blazer unbuttoned + shirt untucked, so his appearance is also sort of "wild" :heh: But I think the main appeal is that he's like a "wild wolf" loner who can't be tamed or something? The type who will pat you on the head and treat you like a little sister instead of a girlfriend...

Renge 2006-08-17 13:29

Not sure if this belongs here but where can i download the episodes? please and its safe right?

Potatochobit 2006-08-17 20:33

u can get the shows here

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/791.html

i might have missed it but is a new fansubbing group taking over this project? i checked out lunars website and it didnt list ouran host club as an active project

Frozen_Skye 2006-08-23 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatochobit

i might have missed it but is a new fansubbing group taking over this project? i checked out lunars website and it didnt list ouran host club as an active project

I was wondering why there hadn't been subs for so long. I was beginning to panic thinking that they liscensed Ouran or something.

I understand that subbing takes alot of effort and time so I'm not gonna hassle our wonderful sub groups about that. However, I'd like to find out the reason for the delays.

domino 2006-08-23 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I was wondering why there hadn't been subs for so long. I was beginning to panic thinking that they liscensed Ouran or something.

I understand that subbing takes alot of effort and time so I'm not gonna hassle our wonderful sub groups about that. However, I'd like to find out the reason for the delays.

Rumor has it that the delays are because a Lunar staff member is temporarily absent (busy with school or moving or something). I hope that's the case, because it would be a shame if the dropped it after doing such a wonderful job for 17 episodes. I'll patiently wait for them to return, because while I appreciate the other fansub group's efforts, their translations are miles off and are in serious need of editing. It takes away from the true "Ouran experience". :P

Can anyone verify if this Lunar rumor is true or not?

NoSanninWa 2006-08-23 01:48

It says on Lunar's forum
Quote:

Originally Posted by TekNiks
The translator for this project is busy moving right now so things will be delayed for a little bit.

domino 2006-08-23 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It says on Lunar's forum

Oh, so the rumors are true after all. Thanks for pointing out the source. :) I wish them luck in their move, then.

Noodlehead 2006-08-23 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by domino
Oh, so the rumors are true after all. Thanks for pointing out the source. :) I wish them luck in their move, then.

Ray's done his move and has already translated episodes 18 - 20, so I guess those three are in the later processes as of now... with some luck, we should see them out by the end of this week. Maybe Lunar is planning a triple release? :D

Anyway, as for where I got this information, this is what he wrote last Friday in the Ouran FAQ thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Ray
Ok, well I am done moving, so I am back. (but don't turn this into a welcome back thread)

Just as an update:

Did we drop this series?

Answer: NO YOU SCHMUCK. Things just stalled when I was moving around. Actually more than one of us was on vacation. You guys get it when we say we have lives, now? lol

But anyhow, 18-20 are past me. Check back in the near future.
Ballpark however you want when they will be released, but just don't ask for it.

~ Noodlehead

horsdhaleine 2006-08-23 12:54

did lunar stop subbing ouran? are FRoP subs good and reliable?

JanthraX^ 2006-08-23 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsdhaleine

read the previous 6 posts above yours,

domino 2006-08-23 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodlehead
Ray's done his move and has already translated episodes 18 - 20, so I guess those three are in the later processes as of now... with some luck, we should see them out by the end of this week. Maybe Lunar is planning a triple release? :D

Anyway, as for where I got this information, this is what he wrote last Friday in the Ouran FAQ thread:

~ Noodlehead

That's good to hear. :D Yay, I can finally get my weekly ouran fix again~

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsdhaleine

The answer to both is "no" :heh:

Neomang5 2006-09-14 22:05

C'mon now, the FrOP subs arent BAD. They're not brilliant, but then at times, neither are Lunar's. FrOP is probably a much smaller group aimed at getting the releases out as quickly and accessibly as possible. Lunar has more members to check and edit the subs before encoding.

Dont knock them unless you can do a better job.

kismis 2006-09-15 11:01

just wondering- will there be a OHHC season 2?

i just can't get over the fact that its ending so soon

songs4eva 2006-10-09 22:20

so how many episodes are there in the series?

Kurochiisaineko 2006-10-09 22:28

The series is 26 episodes long. I wish there was more I can't get enough of Mori-kun.

Chinsuke 2006-10-16 20:47

I know that this is really out there but I was arguing with my friend and I need an answer... Is Bisco Hatori (the author of the manga) a male or female??