AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 623 Discussion Thread (no new chapter the week of 3/11/13) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118219)

james0246 2013-03-06 00:25

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 623 Discussion Thread (no new chapter the week of 3/11/13)

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers are now released.

HiddenMessage 2013-03-06 02:09

Yay First!
Was this a "trap"? ^^
Quick Mods, throw me a rock!

Jellal 2013-03-06 02:21

I have a feeling Tobirama is going to kill Izuna...

On this basis, it clearly leads to the reasoning to why Madara becomes resentful/hateful towards the Senju and decides to leave the leaf.

bhl88 2013-03-06 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellal (Post 4579644)
I have a feeling Tobirama is going to kill Izuna...

On this basis, it clearly leads to the reasoning to why Madara becomes resentful/hateful towards the Senju and decides to leave the leaf.

Both of them probably got in the way.

Then later, one of the Senjuu set up the 1st to betray Madara. Madara didn't want to hear the 1st's explanation.

Izayoi 2013-03-06 02:29

This flashback inside the other flashback is too long. When will we ever get out!? Maybe they will start a whole spin-off series while inside this flashback.
Edit: I just realized it has only been two chapters. So given that we take about 2-3 more chapter to get out of this flashback and another 2-3 chapter to get out of the outer flashback... It will take about 4-6 chapter to get back going on the current events.

Jellal 2013-03-06 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 4579647)
Both of them probably got in the way.

Then later, one of the Senjuu set up the 1st to betray Madara. Madara didn't want to hear the 1st's explanation.

That's probably the most likely thing to happen. :)

If I do remember correctly, didn't Izuna and Madara start sparring until they eventually reached MS?
Also, I do recall Madara or I think it was Tobi, stating he fought the 1st many times to death, in the battlefield.

Clearly there has to be some reason that leads Madara to strive to kill his childhood friend. I doubt the 1st would kill Izuna unless he was forced to, since the 2nd seems to have more of there fathers ideals towards giving no mercy to uchiha.

Aesthetic Shampoo 2013-03-06 03:33

Much better than the last chapter.

solidguy 2013-03-06 04:14

:,( kishi is not doing this with Tobirama as I hoped he would've...also wtf happened to the big Buddha 1000's hands thingy majig

ImperialFlameGod8190 2013-03-06 05:04

sorry but this is a waste of a chapter and going on break good grief its like watching fillers

Frenchie 2013-03-06 05:35

Just wanted to log in and comment on this chapter.

I've been really liking the flashbacks and the much needed exposure from both Madara and Hashirama's perspective. Izuna seems to have death flags written all over him so that will most likely be the turning event that makes Madara go bad and go against the idea of a 'peace' and a 'village' between the Uchiha and the Senju.

Aqua Knight 2013-03-06 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 (Post 4579753)
sorry but this is a waste of a chapter and going on break good grief its like watching fillers

And what do you want?

I've seen your post in Bleach section too about Bleach chapter being lame.
Let me ask you then what do you want?
The storylines in both mangas (especially in Bleach, compared to what happened in Bleach before) are nicely unfolding.

You want non-stop action? Then this is the wrong section.

Artimus_Prime 2013-03-06 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 4579779)
Just wanted to log in and comment on this chapter.

I've been really liking the flashbacks and the much needed exposure from both Madara and Hashirama's perspective. Izuna seems to have death flags written all over him so that will most likely be the turning event that makes Madara go bad and go against the idea of a 'peace' and a 'village' between the Uchiha and the Senju.

Sounds like you have been away for a while so, welcome back?? Lol
yeah these flashbacks have been enjoyable. but while we all know izuna will die, im not thinking he will die here. as far as i can tell, neither madara or izuna has the mangekyou (speculation) so a death is needed to activate them. im thinking tajima loses here to setup madara and izuna obtaining their eyes and then taking over the clan leadership. at some point madara and hashirama actually work to found konoha and since its not in existence yet, then it prolly a little early for madara to turn against his ideals. idk

Casshern 2013-03-06 09:01

Madara and Izuna might have MS from their brothers' deaths. Iirc they both activated it around the same time. I dont think Izuna is supposed to die here, since it was said that Madara was already going blind from overuse of his MS when his took Izuna's eyes.

Lunarskylar 2013-03-06 09:26

I find it so cute that tobirama and izuna have their own little rivalry as well

Hunter 2013-03-06 11:31

A probable course of event would be that this clash will see the death of Madara's father in a way that makes the Uchiha siblings feel responsible for, awake the MS as a result and drive an edge between Madara and Hashirama.
Years later Madara went blind, Izuna offered him his eyes and subsequently died in battle possibly at the hand of a Senju which sent Madara further into hatred with the final straw happening when his clan finally chose Hashirama over him as leader because they saw him as a warmonger who caused his brother death out of greed for power.
And there we go from a nice kid striving for peace to the melodramatic, egomaniacal and overpowered undead we got to know.

james0246 2013-03-06 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter (Post 4580038)
A probable course of event would be that this clash will see the death of Madara's father in a way that makes the Uchiha siblings feel responsible for, awake the MS as a result and drive an edge between Madara and Hashirama.

Seems most likely. In fact, maybe both father will die, only Hashirama will be the only one to be able to forgive the incident.

---

I like how their story is unfolding. The pace is still a little slow, but at least all the panels this chapter felt relevant to the actual story (unlike the pathetic Itama). The use of the skipping stones as a means of progress in both their relationship as well as skill was nice, especially how Kishimoto tied in the stones at the end of the chapter as a means of telling the other to run.

ChronoReverse 2013-03-06 12:01

I liked this chapter. Madara and Hashirama are believably friends, more than Naruto and Sasuke in fact.

It's chapters like these that remind me how Naruto can be so uneven. Sometimes you get stupid garbage like the part where Sakura was "going to kill Sasuke" but then sometimes you get stuff like this, which while also kinda silly (a flashback inside a flashback!) still remains interesting.

Haven't seen Hashirama use any mokuton though. I wonder if he has that power yet.

james0246 2013-03-06 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 4580069)
I liked this chapter. Madara and Hashirama are believably friends, more than Naruto and Sasuke in fact.

:confused: It's exactly the same, only condensed to two chapters. Literally, the entire structure of their friendship is a condensed copy of Naruto and Sasuke's early days right down to the exaggerated rivalry over simple tasks and how "cool" the Uchiha looks versus the lame friend (etc).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 4580069)
Haven't seen Hashirama use any mokuton though. I wonder if he has that power yet.

I'm kind of expecting the ability to pop up during the upcoming fight between the fathers.

ChronoReverse 2013-03-06 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4580092)
:confused: It's exactly the same, only condensed to two chapters. Literally, the entire structure of their friendship is a condensed copy of Naruto and Sasuke's early days right down to the exaggerated rivalry over simple tasks and how "cool" the Uchiha looks versus the lame friend (etc).

There's a major difference. They talk. A lot and about their dreams and hopes, finding that they have that in common. The plans they've made to improve the world show how these two have a deeper connection than Sasuke and Naruto did.

Madara doesn't even have the whole superiority complex thing Sasuke did which is surprising. Hashirama was better in some skills already as shown by the rock skipping thing but Madara doesn't go "OH NOES, HE'S BETTER THAN ME". They even fool around with each other with both playing the idiot (seriously, this kid Madara is the most likeable Uchiha for me so far).

I've always wondered why the Senju and Uchiha would join together and this gives a good enough reason. If the utmost leaders of both groups were both dreamers and were childhood friends, then they would have both the ideology and the authority to make it happen.

Ulquiorra 2013-03-06 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4580092)
I'm kind of expecting the ability to pop up during the upcoming fight between the fathers.

I hope not. I am liking this blast from the past with ninja being sneaky ninja. Well, ninja with magic powers. Rather than the full blown wizards/mutants Kishi would later make them.