AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Critias 2011-04-30 00:19

Tamashii Robot Spirits Gundam 00 Qan[T] Quantum Burst Ver. Black:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._281277381.jpg

Sexy. Wish the MG had those parts...

GrahamAker 2011-04-30 02:49

I am thinking of buying following MGs:-
00 Raiser
sinanju
strike freedom
Exia
infinite justice
destiny
sazabi
nu gundam

Sinanju, OO Raiser and exia are priority. But i am waiting for sinanju's ova version to arrive. if i buy exia's normal version, can i make the ignition mode gimmick using 3rd party led lights?

Appel 2011-04-30 03:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 3593270)
Is this MG MKII?:)

yup, MG 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 3593422)
I am thinking of buying following MGs:-
00 Raiser
sinanju
strike freedom
Exia
infinite justice
destiny
sazabi
nu gundam

Sinanju, OO Raiser and exia are priority. But i am waiting for sinanju's ova version to arrive. if i buy exia's normal version, can i make the ignition mode gimmick using 3rd party led lights?

as far as i know those are all really good kits (except for the OO raiser, i dont know about that one for obvious reasons) ^^ however, i doubt that there will be an OVA version of the sinanju because the design is pretty much the same as the ver.ka version so i would go with that (plus its an awesome model, i have it myself).

about exia, i think that should be possible. as far as i know the regular MG exia is identical to the ignition mode exia

Se7enSword 2011-04-30 03:52

I've got a question, i'm interested in buying Gundam models(never bought them before) but only MG Exia Ignition mode and MG 00 Qan[t] and I just want to know what size are they, in terms of centimeters/inches. Thanks in advance!

Appel 2011-04-30 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shariq (Post 3593474)
I've got a question, i'm interested in buying Gundam models(never bought them before) but only MG Exia Ignition mode and MG 00 Qan[t] and I just want to know what size are they, in terms of centimeters/inches. Thanks in advance!

i own both kits myself and just checked the height, they are about 18cm tall.
master grade models are always scale models. exia and OO qan[t] are both 18 meters tall and master grades are 1/100 scale. that way you always know how tall a model will probably be^^

Appel 2011-04-30 10:14

the MH OO raiser will be released on may 26th according to gundamguy:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...raiser_30.html

oh man... still one more month >_>

kakakka 2011-04-30 10:22

Still the weight issues huh

Appel 2011-04-30 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 3593838)
Still the weight issues huh

since the GN sword III is resting on the ground in all shots i really dont have a lot of faith that it can be posed very well...

LoweGear 2011-04-30 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3593870)
since the GN sword III is resting on the ground in all shots i really dont have a lot of faith that it can be posed very well...

Not all of the shots, and in this one it even has the beam blade gimmick attached.

Appel 2011-04-30 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3593881)
Not all of the shots, and in this one it even has the beam blade gimmick attached.

they did the same thing with the new wing gundam EW and i still havent found a way to make it hold the buster rifle :P but the OO raiser has probably pegs in the hand to secure the weapons... we will see^^

Critias 2011-04-30 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 3593422)
I am thinking of buying following MGs:-
00 Raiser
sinanju
strike freedom
Exia
infinite justice
destiny
sazabi
nu gundam

Sinanju, OO Raiser and exia are priority. But i am waiting for sinanju's ova version to arrive. if i buy exia's normal version, can i make the ignition mode gimmick using 3rd party led lights?

regarding 3rd party LED lights: I actually own a few of them to stick in all my MG Exia's, so the answer is yes. BUT...keep in mind that 3rd party ones will be as optimal as the ones that Bandai provides. For example, from personal experience, some LEDs won't be an exact fit (you kind of have to force them into the GN Drives) and some will be even be a different shade of green (not cosmetically good if you intend to use them for MS's that have 2 Drives, such as the future 00 Raiser).

GrahamAker 2011-04-30 11:57

@Critias: Thanks for the guidance and kindly post some pictures of your Mg Exia.
I am deadsure that sinanju will get the MG ova version

LoweGear 2011-04-30 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3593890)
they did the same thing with the new wing gundam EW and i still havent found a way to make it hold the buster rifle :P but the OO raiser has probably pegs in the hand to secure the weapons... we will see^^

The 00 Raiser will be using the same manipulator hand system as the newer MG's from the looks of it, which will result in a firmer grip. Not that the GN Sword III will be lacking in security, as its designed to latch unto the forearm itself.

Another shot with the MG 00 Raiser using the GN Sword III raised.

Appel 2011-04-30 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 3594007)
@Critias: Thanks for the guidance and kindly post some pictures of your Mg Exia.
I am deadsure that sinanju will get the MG ova version

i really dont think so. there were slight color differences between the novel (or rather ver.ka) unicorn und the OVA unicorn and they changed a few things to improve the articulation of the legs.
but the ver.ka sinanju and the sinanju that appears in the OVA are identical. they simplified a few things to make animating the suit easier but other than that its the same design. they also dont have to fix anything on the sinanju, it didnt have many flaws.
and besides, the ver.ka sinanju is still very popular, even the titanium finish version is in production again while you cant buy the ver.ka unicorn anymore. there is just no need for an OVA version

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3594025)
The 00 Raiser will be using the same manipulator hand system as the newer MG's from the looks of it, which will result in a firmer grip. Not that the GN Sword III will be lacking in security, as its designed to latch unto the forearm itself.

Another shot with the MG 00 Raiser using the GN Sword III raised.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-70dq247Aic.../s1600/111.jpg

looks like the regular trigger finger/thumb/three fingers together-hand. so that would mean it does have a peg in the palm and a hole in the weapons to secure them. depending on how well that works (it doesnt work at all on my impulse but very well on my MK-II for example^^) it probably will be able to hold it. but will it be able to hold it in any pose without any tricks? that is my biggest concern. the new wing EW cant hold its rifle properly because its the old MG hand without a peg on it.
we will see^^ but since exia can hold its massive blade im pretty positive that OO raiser can hold it, too

duotiga 2011-05-01 03:25

ok...im total hardcore =x


Appel 2011-05-01 04:30

thats awesome^^
the one in the back is the metal composite version, right?

helois 2011-05-01 08:28

Pluricorn!
:heh::heh::heh::heh:

duotiga 2011-05-01 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3594906)
thats awesome^^
the one in the back is the metal composite version, right?

the right side is the metal composite :eyespin:

prism ver have yet to open it up :heh:

SonicSP 2011-05-01 10:02

That shot of 00 holding two GN Sword IIs looking upwards is a win for me as I super love the GN Sword IIs, The one where it was wielding the Sword Staff with the shield is kind of awesome as well, in spite of the fact that I dislike using the staff.

Appel 2011-05-01 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3595137)
That shot of 00 holding two GN Sword IIs looking upwards is a win for me as I super love the GN Sword IIs, The one where it was wielding the Sword Staff with the shield is kind of awesome as well, in spite of the fact that I dislike using the staff.

i agree, thats a great shot!
and about the staff... didnt setsuna just use that configuration just once and was disarmed almost immediately? XD yeah, i dont think im gonna use that :P

SonicSP 2011-05-01 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3595205)
i agree, thats a great shot!
and about the staff... didnt setsuna just use that configuration just once and was disarmed almost immediately? XD yeah, i dont think im gonna use that :P

Yeah he only used it once but I do not like how it looks in general personally. Its a great design concept in my opinion for the MS, but I just do not aesthetically associate with it.

Rising Dragon 2011-05-01 16:43

It might look better had they given the GN-Sword II a blade more akin to the GN-Sword II Kai's.

SonicSP 2011-05-01 22:14

Yeah, but that would be against the original design of the original II. On my part, I personally liked the square end in the original than the pointy end of the Kai, which is a bit strange because I did not warm up to that square when it first appeared.

Akyra 2011-05-02 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3594873)
ok...im total hardcore =x


Lol...that's a lot of Unicorns...

Oh yeh, what's that SD on the side? That looks pretty cool tool...one of the Sangokudens?

duotiga 2011-05-02 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 3596474)
Lol...that's a lot of Unicorns...

Oh yeh, what's that SD on the side? That looks pretty cool tool...one of the Sangokudens?


im trying to get all ver of unicorn :eyespin:

yea is frm sanguokuden but going replace the entire shelf with unicorn:heh:

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-05-02 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3592903)
i hate that guy so much XD
one thing about his machine that i like is that in gundam mode it actually looks totally evil, thats awesome.

im done by the way :P
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0707h72j.jpg

AWESOME kit! i went a little wild with the colors though :P i painted the torso and the black parts of the accessoires in gun metal and everything that was purplish grey on them in silver. i also painted the thrusters.
i can totally recommend this guy if you dont have it yet, its a really great kit^^

Which version of the MK II Ver 2.0 did you get? I got the initial version with limited waist articulation. Got mine from a german site about 1 and half years ago.

Appel 2011-05-02 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3596508)
Which version of the MK II Ver 2.0 did you get? I got the initial version with limited waist articulation. Got mine from a german site about 1 and half years ago.

i ordered it from HLJ about 2 weeks ago, so it should be the newer version^^

Se7en Sabers 2011-05-02 12:13

Hi everyone,

I hesitate between the MG Gundam Astray Red frame Kai
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m129/m129_i.htm

and the MG Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second Revise
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m124/m124_i.htm

Which one do you recommend ? And just to know, which one do you prefer ? :)

Thanks a lot and have great builds :D
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/4...e910738e93.jpg

Appel 2011-05-02 12:43

it really doesnt matter all that much. as far as i know the red and the blue frame are mostly identical, there are only some minor cosmetic differences. and the colors and weapons are slightly different of course.

Se7en Sabers 2011-05-02 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers (Post 3596627)
Hi everyone,

I hesitate between the MG Gundam Astray Red frame Kai
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m129/m129_i.htm

and the MG Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second Revise
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m124/m124_i.htm

Which one do you recommend ? And just to know, which one do you prefer ? :)

Thanks a lot and have great builds :D
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/4...e910738e93.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI...-blue-pill.jpg
:heh:

GrahamAker 2011-05-02 13:03

I prefer the red frame. 1/100 MG Nu Gundam needs version 2 treatment!

Sworra 2011-05-02 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers (Post 3596627)
Hi everyone,

I hesitate between the MG Gundam Astray Red frame Kai
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m129/m129_i.htm

and the MG Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second Revise
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m124/m124_i.htm

Which one do you recommend ? And just to know, which one do you prefer ? :)

Get the Red Frame cause they still give you the parts for the Blue Frames gatling gun in the centre of the big sword.. Plus you can't beat dual Katana's

Kitaeryu 2011-05-02 18:00

Yeah I agree, Red Frame's dual katanas are sooo awesome.

And the flight unit can be changed so it is identical to the Blue Frame's and can be in a /\ formation instead of \/.

Se7en Sabers 2011-05-02 23:29

Thanks for your support ;)

So, I think it'll be the Red pill :cool:

GameraBaenre 2011-05-03 17:09

Thanks to one of thosegundamguys; we now have a flyer for the event. So if you have friends that build gunpla, mecha, or resin anime figures, help spread the word out to your local hobby shops, friends, anime clubs, etc - anywhere that a modeler will lurk, spread the word!


nolsune 2011-05-03 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 3598254)
Thanks to one of thosegundamguys; we now have a flyer for the event. So if you have friends that build gunpla, mecha, or resin anime figures, help spread the word out to your local hobby shops, friends, anime clubs, etc - anywhere that a modeler will lurk, spread the word!


Thanks for informations.....I'll try it.

Appel 2011-05-05 02:53

i think the OO looks SO much better in red^^
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0713klsn.jpg

GrahamAker 2011-05-05 03:23

It looks like ribbon's 00

Rising Dragon 2011-05-05 03:25

Luckily, the red 00 Gundam was a CB-only simulation. Thank God Ribbons never actually got the 00...

Se7en Sabers 2011-05-05 12:50

What do you think of this kit ?

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m100/m100_i.htm

Since I can get only one, it's a pain to choose between the MG Red Frame, Blue Frame and now the Strike Noir :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.