AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Character Discussion - Black Star & Tsubaki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65890)

Pellissier 2008-04-27 06:59

Character Discussion - Black Star & Tsubaki

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Black Star & Tsubaki related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Soul Eater fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animesuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

sapphire-pyro 2008-04-27 09:08

Black Star was my favorite Soul Eater character (until I've read Kid's intro xD)

He's a parody of an annoying and typical shounen character. I like it that he has exagerrated those negative traits, because instead of annoying, it turned out to be so damn funny xD Man, I love crack xD

But if Black Star's serious, he could actually be so awesome :) Yay for Black Star!

As for Tsubaki, she's a lovely girl :) Lucky for Black Star to have someone as nice and sweet as her for a partner :) I admire her for being so selfless! Oh she's terrific :)

Kobukson 2008-04-30 02:31

Everyone is thinking it: Black Star IS Naruto

DJ_RockmanX 2008-04-30 03:47

Black Star pwns that dattebayo guy in all aspects. He's BIGGER, is the STAR, commands the STAGE, and has blue hair. And he's got much better weapon proficiency than anyone in that series.

If anything, Maka is more related to the orange ninja by way of the Drama CD.

sapphire-pyro 2008-04-30 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1567938)

I don't get it ^^;

Zoe 2008-04-30 07:08

Takeuchi Junko voiced Maka in the drama CD.

Zeroryoko1974 2008-05-02 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1567938)
Black Star pwns that dattebayo guy in all aspects. He's BIGGER, is the STAR, commands the STAGE, and has blue hair. And he's got much better weapon proficiency than anyone in that series.

oh please. Naruto Star is a total clone with blue hair instead of orange. He is about every bit is anoying. I say get rid of him, and let Maka have Tsubaki and Soul as weapons

Vexx 2008-05-02 16:38

The thing that makes Blackstar salvageable and interesting/tolerable as a character is the "Wiley Coyote" effect. His ego slams him to the pavement every time. He suffers consequences for being an asshat. It makes him far more tolerable than the sorts of characters he represents - it actually makes him funny.

It does make you wonder about Tsubaki's "stand by her man" determination :)

Everyone in this series is a little bit dysfunctional - it lifts them out of stereotype cardboard just enough that even if you don't like the archetype, *these* characters are bit easier to swallow.

HayashiTakara 2008-05-03 03:52

I love it when Star starts screaming everytime he peaks at Tsubake in the baths, I couldn't stop laughing, like what kinda idiot just stands there with his eyes bugged out screaming like a madman, lol

FlareKnight 2008-05-03 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 1572872)
I love it when Star starts screaming everytime he peaks at Tsubake in the baths, I couldn't stop laughing, like what kinda idiot just stands there with his eyes bugged out screaming like a madman, lol

That was pretty funny, especially when he got a ninja star to the forehead. Like Vexx mentioned, when he does things like that it comes back to bite him in the end. Or during the fight against Mifune he was nearly killed because of his antics. So it's not like he acts like that without consequence. When it comes down to it he can get serious and be one of the most dangerous guys out there.

Full props to Tsubaki though for sticking by him. She can see the good qualities and does all she can to support Black Star. Of course someone like her could get someone else. The variety of weapons and her personality would be easy to work with. But she sticks with Black Star so you know the guy is worthwhile.

HayashiTakara 2008-05-03 05:24

Star will probably ending up looking like a bad ass when he gets older, and Tsubaki probably knows this, so she's um.... waiting... lol XD

BearShare 2008-05-03 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 1572955)
Star will probably ending up looking like a bad ass when he gets older, and Tsubaki probably knows this, so she's um.... waiting... lol XD

He is the buffest one out of the three guys in the show.

HayashiTakara 2008-05-03 12:49

Get em' while their young... lol XD

If they do more of Black Star screaming like a retard while peaking on Tsubaki, I'll be a happy camper, lol

FlareKnight 2008-05-04 08:10

Ah, so she's going for the long term investment then :). Well Tsubaki has the patience to make it so should be alright.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 1573338)
Get em' while their young... lol XD

If they do more of Black Star screaming like a retard while peaking on Tsubaki, I'll be a happy camper, lol

With a few more ninja stars in his forehead I'm sure :heh:.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2008-05-08 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 1572955)

Thats an interesting thought. I don't really know how Tsubaki stands him, I find him annoying, but at other times I kind of like him. He is definetily more bearable than Naruto.

FlareKnight 2008-05-10 19:04

Well interesting stuff from episode 5. Seems like with his soul type would be hard to find a partner for Black Star. While Tsubaki is the type that could work well with most. Have to say the images for their souls was pretty entertaining. Though that episode had to be rough on Tsubaki overall. Did seem for a bit there that Black Star got taken out for good this time. Luckily it all turned out alright.

Was a surprise to hear Black Star called a genius....well at least in how he can use wave lengths to attack opponents.

C.A. 2008-05-12 09:08

Since he is a stereotype for shonen leads, it wouldn't be unusual for him to be some sort of battle genius, revealing hidden potentials and breaking limits when he gets serious.

Being a genius at using his soul wavelengths is similar to having kyubi, bankai, going to a higher gear or even 'spin on'.

He's quite a cool character to me, but I wouldn't like him as much if there wasn't Tsubaki, they are a great team to watch.

Kizetsu 2008-05-12 16:48

I don't think it's genious.

It's prodigy. Makes a lot more sense.

He's not really a stereotype though. I don't ever remember anyone being as over the top egotistical as he is.

HayashiTakara 2008-05-12 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizetsu (Post 1589564)
I don't think it's genious.

It's prodigy. Makes a lot more sense.

He's not really a stereotype though. I don't ever remember anyone being as over the top egotistical as he is.

And screaming like a retard when looking at nakey chicks XD

The typical reaction would be nosebleed and/or passing out.

Bonta Kun 2008-05-12 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 1589720)
And screaming like a retard when looking at nakey chicks XD

The typical reaction would be nosebleed and/or passing out.

well he does bleed out...sort of:P